ARCTIC Tern Windows

TC Katie

Hey All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have Arctic Tern window shipments coming into our US and Canadian Warehouses in the next few weeks! As you can imagine these are a fast-selling product, if you want top-quality windows, we suggest you place your orders ASAP. If you have any questions about the Arctic Tern windows please reach out! We've been using them for years and the quality, fit and finish is top-notch! You can find them here Arctic Tern USA and Arctic Tern Canada

Thanks!

Attachments

PictureMeFree

2019 170 ext 4x4
Hey All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have Arctic Tern window shipments coming into our US and Canadian Warehouses in the next few weeks! As you can imagine these are a fast-selling product, if you want top-quality windows, we suggest you place your orders ASAP. If you have any questions about the Arctic Tern windows please reach out! We've been using them for years and the quality, fit and finish is top-notch! You can find them here Arctic Tern USA and Arctic Tern Canada

Thanks!
do these fit well in sprinters? Are there additional materials required to install them?

TC Katie

do these fit well in sprinters? Are there additional materials required to install them?
Yes they fit well in Sprinters, the only additional material you'll need is the material to build out the wall so that you have the thickness that coordinates with the window trim ring size that you choose. Typically you can just use 1x2" stock material to do this but you can also get creative and use other material as well.
Please let me know if you need more information. We have a few different PDF documents that you can read through for fitment info.

PictureMeFree

2019 170 ext 4x4
Please let me know if you need more information.
will do, thanks! Still trying to decide between the arctic tern (which seem technically superior in every way) vs. the more traditional glass vent windows bc the wife likes the way they look better :/ :) ... wish me luck!

MNBrad

2020 170 4x4
Anyone have pictures they can share with these in their van?
I will have them on my flarespace but want to see them on other spots of the van.

Beach2Snow

Anyone ever figure out how to tint these things? I believe the ones on the revel arent tern's as they are tinted. Unless there's a solution I don't know about it...

Tiny Travels

2017 170"ext, 4x4, 2500
will do, thanks! Still trying to decide between the arctic tern (which seem technically superior in every way) vs. the more traditional glass vent windows bc the wife likes the way they look better :/ :) ... wish me luck!
Not that you asked, but here's my two cents...

I installed the traditional CR Laurence window. Me and the wife both dislike it and wish we had gone with the Tern. Few reasons:
The bug screens on the CR aren't even close to sealing. The gap around the screen frames was easily more than half an inch. That's not going to stop most bugs. So I had to build my own screens and replace them.
They are prone to breaking. The little flaps that open are right at shoulder height for me, and head height for her. We've both walked into them multiple times. I know another van that shattered theirs when they walked into it.
They're super cold in the winter. It really sucks the heat right out of the van.
The Tern open further. Since the whole window on the tern cantilevers out, you get a lot more airflow than you do from the two little flaps on the CR Laurence.

Beach2Snow

Still curious if anyone has successfully tinted these. The fish bowl look is bad enough from the outside but the silver reflector when the sunshade is down is just atrocious looking.

Im going to look into doing a vinyl wrap on the outside (similar to bus windows with advertisements).

Please let me know if anyone has been successful tinting these. Thanks!!

TC Katie

Wow-what a cozy space! Looks great, we have many customers who ask about trimming out the window.
I've used perforated window film on our roof hatch, mostly to cut the amount of sun coming in, you could try that as an option but I think the windows look great on their own and don't need a film covering them.
You can get perforated window film from a sign shop, make sure it's laminated and they give you edge tape for installation.

Beach2Snow

Wow-what a cozy space! Looks great, we have many customers who ask about trimming out the window.
I've used perforated window film on our roof hatch, mostly to cut the amount of sun coming in, you could try that as an option but I think the windows look great on their own and don't need a film covering them.
You can get perforated window film from a sign shop, make sure it's laminated and they give you edge tape for installation.
Thanks! I took your advice, works great!!
IMG_6785.jpg

Top Bottom