DPF delete by my friend

4wheels

I don't understand why resurrecting zombie threads is a bad thing, post doesn't die, it hibernates infinitely in the infinity of matterless cyberspace until resurrected by a curious soul, or closed by the merciless cyber gods.

So, I sssume, your friends miraculous emission control "Hack" died with the engine and lost forever???

It would make a good...excellent write-up???

:dripsarcasm:
Also , the thread was about DPF on 12yr old truck ! Old news. Plus DPF was like $2k + up to $3k and now you can buy it for $500 from dealer ( as per LindenENG)

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

4wheels

Or, engine died because of the hack?
"Hack " was at around 80k , I believe.
At the time I posted thread - he had 200k . Engine lasted to almost 400k and died of OVERHEATING when towing . His boat is about 8k pounds. He bought brand new Duramax diesel for towing that boat

D

Deleted member 50714

"Hack " was at around 80k , I believe.
At the time I posted thread - he had 200k . Engine lasted to almost 400k and died of OVERHEATING when towing . His boat is about 8k pounds. He bought brand new Duramax diesel for towing that boat

Gee whiz, you seem to know a lot of convenient particulars.:smirk:

Bob Laps

Bob...the guy answered ur question with a cpl particulars that u might follow up with....seems like u want the dude to have failed.

Bob

D

Deleted member 50714

Bob...the guy answered ur question with a cpl particulars that u might follow up with....seems like u want the dude to have failed.

Bob
0h no, I don't want anyone to fail. I mean if it worked, great!!!

beez

He replaced engine with a junkyard ( 90k) and bolted it to same "DPF"

Sounds to me like his whole TRUCK was a JUNKYARD! :lol:

You guys hail from California? How is (was) he getting this POS to pass emissions for zillions of miles, while carving away most of the emissions control systems, and towing boats at 160% of the rated towing capacity? :hmmm:

b

4wheels

Sounds to me like his whole TRUCK was a JUNKYARD! [emoji38]

You guys hail from California? How is (was) he getting this POS to pass emissions for zillions of miles, while carving away most of the emissions control systems, and towing boats at 160% of the rated towing capacity? :hmmm:

b
Nice resurrection of old tread about 12 yr old car . 12 yr ago that DPF was like up to $3000 and you can buy it now for under $500.
TRUCK was passing emission test .
That JUNKYARD is 3500 dually and , as you know, some of them are rated to 7500 lb towing , so do your math again about 160%.
What is your concern ?

Last edited:

beez

My concern is jackasses who think the rules don't apply to them. So they do stupid ****.

Then my wife gets killed because his boat and trailer combination are thousands of pounds over the rating of the tow vehicle. (Trailer weight probably 2k or so?)
Any then my kid gets asthma because of diesel particulates ( mostly with tiny little VW logos on them ).

Little things like that. You can't have millions of people living in increasingly close proximity without rules.

4wheels

My concern is jackasses who think the rules don't apply to them. So they do stupid ****.

Then my wife gets killed because his boat and trailer combination are thousands of pounds over the rating of the tow vehicle. (Trailer weight probably 2k or so?)
Any then my kid gets asthma because of diesel particulates ( mostly with tiny little VW logos on them ).

Little things like that. You can't have millions of people living in increasingly close proximity without rules.
Sir , you are angry - angriness kills health.
His boat AND trailer combination was 8000 lb . Truck rated to 7500 lb. His truck ( or TRUCK ) was empty , so that makes total combo within manufacturer specks.
Your kids will get asthma from YOUR diesel particulates that YOUR TRUCK spewing on your driveway.
Why don't you sell your Sprinter ? Did you know that there's a lawsuit against Sprinter ?
Your Sprinter is poisoning your kids way more that VW did !
At least that's what it says in that lawsuit.
When you were cleaning your EGR - did you recycle that gunk or it ended up in a river and killed our fish ?
Do you have any answer who starts these CA fires that are poisoning MY air ?

D

Deleted member 50714

I totally agree and despise scofflaws who always made – make my job and life unnecessarily more dangerous and difficult.

Environmental Laws, rules, policies and regulations benefit everyone's welfare. If people don't like a law, they should bellyache to their elected official. Otherwise, get a second job to bank-roll proper Mercedes-Benz repairs. :yell:

Perhaps, many on the forum cannot afford to own and properly maintain a Mercedes-Benz in accordance to all applicable laws and should consider a different brand or public transportation. :idunno:

Last edited by a moderator:

flipman

Had a straight pipe with a GDE tune on my old sprinter (2008 Dodge 2500) and it ran much better, the turbo sounded like it was breathing better. Wonder if i gut the DPF on my new sprinter (08 2500) if i would have any problems. Waiting on Red Kess V2 so i can tune it. Have the old DPF so ill gut that and weld it back up and test it out and let you guys know how it works before and after the tune.
Currently have no problems but a scan tool said my DPF is too clogged to force regen not sure if it has ever done a regen since I've had it (1year).

D

Deleted member 50714

"Currently have no problems but a scan tool said my DPF is too clogged to force regen not sure if it has ever done a regen since I've had it (1year)."

If scanner says DPF clogged, you have problems.

However, since you claim no performance issues, usually associated with clogged DPF, I suspect the DPF has previously been hollowed-out?

sprinter.motors

"Currently have no problems but a scan tool said my DPF is too clogged to force regen not sure if it has ever done a regen since I've had it (1year)."

If scanner says DPF clogged, you have problems.

However, since you claim no performance issues, usually associated with clogged DPF, I suspect the DPF has previously been hollowed-out?
Man, reading your comments and just laughing. "Perhaps, many on the forum cannot afford to own and properly maintain a Mercedes-Benz in accordance to all applicable laws and should consider a different brand or public transportation. "
Who are you to determine anybody's right and willingness and possibility to drive Mercedes?
OR maybe Sprinter is something like Bugatti or Lambo? That only billionaire can afford.

If someone decided to do Delete so what? He has no money to pay every time ridiculous NOx or DPF fails?
Or maybe people are tired of paying thousands of dollars just to keep their van drivable?!
For sure it is a constant money flow for a business - replacing sensors, heaters, tanks, EGRs, DPFs, SCRs etc.
NEVERENDLESS problems, that ends in most of the cases closer to 200k - in SEIZED engine.
Because as mentioned earlier most of the Sprinter owners WILL NOT do the oil changes in 6-7k miles and regular highway driving.
The legal side of this problem is the business and responsibility of every owner who decided to do delete.
For 7 years working with Sprinter vans - never heard regrets from ANYONE who did delete.

turbo911

Man, reading your comments and just laughing. "Perhaps, many on the forum cannot afford to own and properly maintain a Mercedes-Benz in accordance to all applicable laws and should consider a different brand or public transportation. "
Who are you to determine anybody's right and willingness and possibility to drive Mercedes?
OR maybe Sprinter is something like Bugatti or Lambo? That only billionaire can afford.

If someone decided to do Delete so what? He has no money to pay every time ridiculous NOx or DPF fails?
Or maybe people are tired of paying thousands of dollars just to keep their van drivable?!
For sure it is a constant money flow for a business - replacing sensors, heaters, tanks, EGRs, DPFs, SCRs etc.
NEVERENDLESS problems, that ends in most of the cases closer to 200k - in SEIZED engine.
Because as mentioned earlier most of the Sprinter owners WILL NOT do the oil changes in 6-7k miles and regular highway driving.
The legal side of this problem is the business and responsibility of every owner who decided to do delete.
For 7 years working with Sprinter vans - never heard regrets from ANYONE who did delete.
the forest fires in the west polluted a trillion more than my dpf delete sprinter will. since i use way less fuel i am helping with my carbon footprint. its like solar panels, if you new how un green the manufacturing of them were and how un recyclable they are you would never look a solar.

sprinter.motors

the forest fires in the west polluted a trillion more than my dpf delete sprinter will. since i use way less fuel i am helping with my carbon footprint. its like solar panels, if you new how un green the manufacturing of them were and how un recyclable they are you would never look a solar.
Same with electric cars and batteries production. Lithium production is very safe and green :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

turbo911

Sir , you are angry - angriness kills health.
His boat AND trailer combination was 8000 lb . Truck rated to 7500 lb. His truck ( or TRUCK ) was empty , so that makes total combo within manufacturer specks.
Your kids will get asthma from YOUR diesel particulates that YOUR TRUCK spewing on your driveway.
Why don't you sell your Sprinter ? Did you know that there's a lawsuit against Sprinter ?
Your Sprinter is poisoning your kids way more that VW did !
At least that's what it says in that lawsuit.
When you were cleaning your EGR - did you recycle that gunk or it ended up in a river and killed our fish ?
Do you have any answer who starts these CA fires that are poisoning MY air ?

kids will asthma from neighbors cutting grass with gasoline lawnmowers and gas leafblowers

boyscout

Dennis,
You do understand that batteries are very toxic? There has of yet to be a battery created that saved as much energy as it took to produce the item. The tech just isnt there yet but it is rapidly getting better, and we are getting better at rebuilding and repurposing batteries. BAtteries are a convenience item and a very costly one, costly for several reasons. Right now an internal combustion engine vehicle will have a smaller carbon foot print than its electric counterpart. period....

Top Bottom