Overlandsprinters panel bed kit for our 2016 4x4 144"

Mr Makai

Thank you everyone for the pics. Very helpful to see how others have mounted theirs.

I went around and around on what bed to get.

Saw a few of these in various vans at the Adventure Van Expo and like the overall simplicity and price.

Sent a few emails with questions and then ordered my kit.

It arrived in a few days. Nicely packed and beautifully made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adamzz

Has anybody used this on a 144" with flares? If so, can you share some photos of how it turned out? Any mounting issues or problems getting the platforms in/out?

pbansen

Has anybody used this on a 144" with flares? If so, can you share some photos of how it turned out? Any mounting issues or problems getting the platforms in/out?
I think I'm confused about your intent, so please bear with me. I guess you could use the Overland Sprinters package with flares, but generally it seems like people install flares so they can install their bed crosswise (head and feet in the flares) to maximize the available space in a 144. The Overland panels total 72" in length - accommodating a mattress lengthwise. You could ask them if they'll make you a shorter set of rails and a panel set that would accommodate a mattress oriented sideways in the van (in other words, a set of panels totalling about 60" instead of 72"). You'll want to set the height of the rails so the top of the plywood in the panels will be at or slightly above the bottom of the flares (so the mattress fits into the flare). You wouldn't want the panels to stick into the flares and there is really no reason for them to do that.

Hope that makes sense and that it helped somehow.

Pete

adamzz

I think I'm confused about your intent, so please bear with me. I guess you could use the Overland Sprinters package with flares, but generally it seems like people install flares so they can install their bed crosswise (head and feet in the flares) to maximize the available space in a 144. The Overland panels total 72" in length - accommodating a mattress lengthwise. You could ask them if they'll make you a shorter set of rails and a panel set that would accommodate a mattress oriented sideways in the van (in other words, a set of panels totalling about 60" instead of 72"). You'll want to set the height of the rails so the top of the plywood in the panels will be at or slightly above the bottom of the flares (so the mattress fits into the flare). You wouldn't want the panels to stick into the flares and there is really no reason for them to do that.

Hope that makes sense and that it helped somehow.

Pete
Their website actually lists a flarespace-specific panel system. It just has the same photo of each of the other panel systems, so I’m hoping to find some more info on it and ideally see some photos of what it looks like mounted up.

pbansen

Their website actually lists a flarespace-specific panel system. It just has the same photo of each of the other panel systems, so I’m hoping to find some more info on it and ideally see some photos of what it looks like mounted up.
Ah - that must be a newer item that they weren't making three years ago when I was in the midst of my build. Thanks for clarifying!

I see what you mean - no illustration of the two-panel system for the flarespace version. That's kind of frustrating. The rails and panel frames I bought from them fit like a glove and have been trouble free, but once I started working with 80/20, I had the thought that it would not be difficult to create your own frames. The rails are the bigger fabrication challenge, frankly.

Overland Flarespace page

Pete
Reno, Nevada

Last edited:

Top Bottom