First oil change, ouch

Kevin.Hutch

2011 Mercedes 313 906
What sort of oil and filter do you get for $60 and what is his labour rate!!!!!! In Auz we pay $22 a litre, though I have got 10 litres for $89 (same oil) and supplied to the shop.

coss370

I am getting a lot of conflicting info on this car. The service schedule from mercedes is always 1 year and 20K miles right? And it is A and B. They quoted $1k for A and $1500-2K for B.

I am going to puke first

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
No space, HOA
Do they allow you to open the hood for few minutes?
With electric extraction pump, you will get oil extracted in few minutes.
Depends how handy you are - filter can be less than 2 minutes job.
Having warranty - keep the receipts for parts and keep some kind of log.

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
What sort of oil and filter do you get for $60 and what is his labour rate!!!!!! In Auz we pay $22 a litre, though I have got 10 litres for $89 (same oil) and supplied to the shop.
For a gas Transit. :) I get less fuel economy but the maintenance costs are much less.

I buy 6 quarts of Mobile 1 synthetic at Costco on sale for $30 and the dealer supplies the filter and labor.

Christian-

I have seen that PDF but they don't seem to break things out by "Service A" and "Service B" - just mention them once in the coverage section.

Ski Trip

Is there any concrete info on exactly what is performed during Service A and Service B?
here is mine from yesterday, December 3. 2020. mine is a 2017 144 4x4

C8729DD3-5050-44A3-A34D-45DD1808AF1D.jpeg

they also replaced my power steering clamp for free, which is not on this list.

Last edited:

65C02

I am getting a lot of conflicting info on this car. The service schedule from mercedes is always 1 year and 20K miles right?
No - first "A" service is 2yrs or 20K whichever comes first. Check your Assyst display, it will tell you the days remaining to next service.
The PPM plan schedules on a 1yr service interval which is one of the reasons I opted not to get it.

sanomechanic

See post # 27.
End of the day...You still drive a FORD. At 50k miles it is essentially worthless and needs a transmission, AC compressor, control arms, motor mounts ect ect ect.

Shoes from Walmart are cheaper than buying a pair of Clark's. My Clarks are 10 years old and still look new inside and out.

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
End of the day...You still drive a FORD. At 50k miles it is essentially worthless and needs a transmission, AC compressor, control arms, motor mounts ect ect ect.

Shoes from Walmart are cheaper than buying a pair of Clark's. My Clarks are 10 years old and still look new inside and out.
So far that is not the case. Transit has not had any reliability issues in 5 years. My sold 2008 Sprinter was towed at 10,000 miles, had an EGR failure with LHM at 20,000 miles and had the Espar heater fail at 57,000 miles. You are correct it is still a Ford. No prestige but certainly in my case much more reliable. I also think Transit drives much better. Do have to admit that the coffee at the Ford dealer does not compare to that at the Mercedes dealer. But Ford dealer is close to the Mercedes dealer so if I want better coffee, Danish pastries and a fancy bathroom, I walk from the Ford dealer to the Mercedes dealer to partake in the higher quality life style. :)

sanomechanic

So far that is not the case. Transit has not had any reliability issues in 5 years. My sold 2008 Sprinter was towed at 10,000 miles, had an EGR failure with LHM at 20,000 miles and had the Espar heater fail at 57,000 miles. You are correct it is still a Ford. No prestige but certainly in my case much more reliable. I also think Transit drives much better. Do have to admit that the coffee at the Ford dealer does not compare to that at the Mercedes dealer. But Ford dealer is close to the Mercedes dealer so if I want better coffee, Danish pastries and a fancy bathroom, I walk from the Ford dealer to the Mercedes dealer to partake in the higher quality life style. :)
May I ask...If your now a Ford Transit Aficionado. Why are you still on Sprinter Forum? Doesn't Transit have a forum? BTW: It's 2020. Sprinter has come a long way since 2008. Drive one and see. I've driven a Transit. Big clumsy. mushy, box on wheels to me.

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
May I ask...If your now a Ford Transit Aficionado. Why are you still on Sprinter Forum? Doesn't Transit have a forum? BTW: It's 2020. Sprinter has come a long way since 2008. Drive one and see. I've driven a Transit. Big clumsy. mushy, box on wheels to me.
I like the people here and there is a lot of good information posted. Since I am most interested in conversions it does not make any difference what brand of steel box that you own. I also spend time and contribute on the Transit forum.

Interesting your viewpoint about a Transit. My 148" WB Transit is the same size as my sold 144" WB 2008 Sprinter. Transit handles much better. Correct it is a box on wheels as is the Sprinter. I have driven both brands for 5 years in each.

What is good is we all have a choice of what we drive. Keeps everyone happy.

Top Bottom