Anyone actually use your shower as a shower (instead of a closet)

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
On a recent trip, I tried using my shower for the first time. It was ridiculous! I am 5'11", and there was no way I could stand up in that tiny thing. I gave it a shot,......sort of,....gave up after about a minute of trying to figure out how it could work. On top of the height challenge,.....as most of us know,......there is little to no chance of actually getting anything other than a cold shower,.......

So, Anyone of average stature been able to figure out how to actually use the shower as a shower?

For now, I am still using a small pump up spray bottle with water in it,......step outside the van,....spray myself down and towel off. Better than nothing and far easier than trying to use the shower in the camper.

Aggie

2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal
I, 5’ 10”, and my wife both used our shower a number of times this summer, it worked well and water was plenty warm to too hot. Due to Covid restrictions showers at campgrounds were sometimes closed. Our unit also has outside shower fixtures that we have used in past..
2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal on Sprinter

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
I, 5’ 10”, and my wife both used our shower a number of times this summer, it worked well and water was plenty warm to too hot. Due to Covid restrictions showers at campgrounds were sometimes closed. Our unit also has outside shower fixtures that we have used in past..
2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal on Sprinter
My question was specifically regarding Vista Cruiser MB Edition Campers

Smbrick

We use ours... sitting down. But I guess we are not of "average stature". I tried to come up with a way to lower the shower pan, but nothing seemed feasible due to the plumbing of the black tank directly below. If I ever change the toilet to a cassette toilet, then I would surely drop the shower pan. We have lots of HOT WATER! ? Cheers buddy.

NewfD90

Just got out of ours after a 100mi bike ride (so it was needed). I’m 5’10”, so I usually sit to shower. Plenty of hot water in the 2.5gal hot water tank for two showers. I replaced the shower head with one that has an on/off switch so I could keep the mix right during a navy shower.

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
We use ours... sitting down. But I guess we are not of "average stature". I tried to come up with a way to lower the shower pan, but nothing seemed feasible due to the plumbing of the black tank directly below. If I ever change the toilet to a cassette toilet, then I would surely drop the shower pan. We have lots of HOT WATER! ? Cheers buddy.
[/QUOT
Well yeah, you've got that whole propane water heater thing going on (;>)

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
Just got out of ours after a 100mi bike ride (so it was needed). I’m 5’10”, so I usually sit to shower. Plenty of hot water in the 2.5gal hot water tank for two showers. I replaced the shower head with one that has an on/off switch so I could keep the mix right during a navy shower.
Is your 2.5 propane or electric?

RedWombat

2004 Dodge/Freightliner/Gulfstream
Is your hot water heater the little 110V instant on the the cabinet in the back on the left. We only get some warm water at best.

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
Is your hot water heater the little 110V instant on the the cabinet in the back on the left. We only get some warm water at best.
I posted details of Rick's hot water heater conversion,.....with his description, parts links and pictures. Its here Starting with Post #14:

Last edited:

RedWombat

2004 Dodge/Freightliner/Gulfstream
Navy shower sit down works great
we found that with showers at truck stops, most campgrounds, and the outside shower, we don’t need it. Just not worth the gymnastics and the inadequate water heater to use it.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
In my build shower was priority, as I like to shower every day.
I am 5-10 and since I reused shower stall from Truck Camper, I lost about 4" for the shower floor, but vent placed right above, solve the headroom issue. You can also add a skylight and industry has odd shapes just for that.

TinManKC

“12 Reyo
6’3”, never used the shower and have only been inside the toilet once… I use a bottle and dump to the bowl.. no way for me to fit..

Top Bottom