Mercedes Pro/Me App (iPhone/Android)

lickwid

Learner
I did a search and only found some vague information regarding this subject. I know the MBUX platform is relatively new, so pardon my ignorance for asking. My salesman/dealer has been quite unhelpful and unresponsive post-sales, so I haven't gotten much answers from them. I did get some email confirmations that my Mercedes Pro connection was activated, but not quite sure what it activates. I believe I have Live Traffic, so that might be it. I don't have a login nor can I figure out how to register my vehicle to use the app.

For anyone that has it, does the app allow anything?

-Apps like Spotify, Pandora, etc.?
-Remote Start, Windows, Lock/Unlock?
-Pre-air conditioning?

Maybe I'm spoiled, but our Volvo XC90 has all these natively. Even my VW E-Golf has has remote lock/unlock as well as pre-air conditioning. I know about Apple Carplay and Android Auto, and those seem to work fine when I plug into the correct port.

Side note, when using Android Auto or Apple Carplay, there is not way to navigate the menus with the steering wheels pad or buttons? Everything seems to be touchscreen-based. Anyone figure out any good tricks?

FlaJoe

Good post. I am trying to figure it out too. I believe it becomes the same as your iPhone, but if an iPhone is connected it eliminates some functions of the MBUX. Example, it has an ATT number and is a WiFi hotspot if you connect. Like having an iPhone connected to an iPad, but the Apple takes over functions when used. I find Mercedes much more accurate than Siri in many things but not all. Tried calling the MBUX ATt number and that didn’t happen. So, I find using both quite interesting- navigating while looking for a good restaurant. Working on it and keep the info coming.

sanomechanic

Android Auto you can use steering wheel functions. You can even voice command google maps which is much more accurate that Hey Mercedes

cacaw

... if an iPhone is connected it eliminates some functions of the MBUX. ...
I can use all the MBUX functions by pressing the Home button to temporarily leave CarPlay. And then return to CarPlay with another small button at the top left of the display. (The voice command button on the steering wheel defaults to Mercedes but will summon up Siri if it's held down a moment longer.)

Love my new van but I'm disappointed that the MBUX system and Mercedes Pro Connect isn't more useful when camping.

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
My understanding is that Pro Connect is for commercial vehicles (often including cargo vans) and Me is for passenger vehicles.
Might need the dealer to add you account to the appropriate category.

cacaw

My understanding is that Pro Connect is for commercial vehicles (often including cargo vans) and Me is for passenger vehicles.
Might need the dealer to add you account to the appropriate category.
When I signed up, it looked like it would be pretty difficult for an "Individual Use" consumer to mistakenly get signed up for the commercial version. I dropped the Internet in the Car feature after the free trial period because it didn't seem to offer any functionality that I didn't already have on my mobile devices.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
I was interested in app at first when I read it could do remote engine start, what leaving car on 135F parking lots is great feature I enjoyed on Ford.
Yet my 2014 E class does not have the option.
SUCKS

shano55

I have Pro connect setup, and I can lock and unlock the van remotely, as well as view what doors including the rear and sliding are locked or unlocked. Also tells the status of the windows, as up down or half down, and the vehicle location. Super useful for me.

Also tells fuel, DEF levels and tire pressure!

To get it setup, I had to make two accounts with two different email addresses. One for the "company" and another for the "driver". I could then assign myself as the driver to my own company haha

Attachments

MontanaYeti

Director of Post Ride Beverages
I have Pro connect setup, and I can lock and unlock the van remotely, as well as view what doors including the rear and sliding are locked or unlocked. Also tells the status of the windows, as up down or half down, and the vehicle location. Super useful for me.

Also tells fuel, DEF levels and tire pressure!

To get it setup, I had to make two accounts with two different email addresses. One for the "company" and another for the "driver". I could then assign myself as the driver to my own company haha
Did you have to go to a dealership to setup your pro account or can I do this from home?

GLJones

I have it but the app on my iPhone no longer connects. On a laptop using the browser, I can access the data like fuel and DEF level, status of windows and doors and locks and a bit more. Using the iPhone app I could lock and unlock and locate the vehicle, but the app just spins on the Mercedes logo screen now and never loads. Been this way for weeks now. I have reset the phone, reloaded the app and it just won't connect. Fortunately, we don't really use the app much, especially with the Covid crap having shut down the entire entertainment industry, we have no shows. The van mostly sits unless we are taking it out to keep the battery charged and to move the oil around.

lickwid

Learner
I'll have to look into this, as it'd be pretty valuable to be able to lock/unlock the van, and also check if we left anything unlocked. And also to find the approximately location of your vehicle if you have a brain fart and can't find the big hunker...lol. Thank you.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Would you guys mind to post what MY the app works on?
I don't think it will on my 2015 model?

lickwid

Learner
I called the MB Vans customer service # and was told that my account is set up as a Consumer account. So no app. Basically, I get Live Traffic, Internet Connectivity via AT&T and some other features. No ability to remotely lock/unlock vehicles or vehicle tracking. That is generally available to Business accounts with fleet vehicles, which likely has an added fee.

A bit disappointing, but it is what it is.

shano55

You can just make a business account for free, I believe that's what I did. Then make a second account as an employee of your "business". I don't pay anything to use MB Pro Connect.

brianzoh

That's odd because I have a consumer account as well and just log in to PRO Connect with the same credentials as the web site and it works fine.
MB really doesn't seem to have this whole thing worked out, though, I admit.

pfeif4

That's odd because I have a consumer account as well and just log in to PRO Connect with the same credentials as the web site and it works fine.
MB really doesn't seem to have this whole thing worked out, though, I admit.
what shows up in the pro connect app? I tried and it says I need to add a driver account.

brianzoh

what shows up in the pro connect app? I tried and it says I need to add a driver account.
There is the owner/fleet manager and then drivers. Drivers can use the app. When you log in to the web site MPRO (mbvans.com) you should see "Manage and Control Fleet" which will spawn a new window. You should be able to set up and assign drivers there. I'd look but MB seems to be having issues as the site logs me in, shows the page and then flips back to log in.

GLJones

It's buggy. I had to create 3 different email accounts for it. Owner, Fleet Manager and Driver. None of them can be more than one.
You get to view the vehicle's location on a map, status of locks, doors and windows, fuel level, DEF level, Air Pressure in tires, warnings for battery, alarms and a few other things. You can use the app to unlock or lock the van.
That's about it. Fleet Manager can send messages to the MBUX screen with addresses and other notes.
IMG_2917.PNGIMG_2918.PNGIMG_2919.PNGIMG_2920.PNG

Top Bottom