2019 144 bench seat install

Rennivan

Hi All, I have a 2019 144 2wd gas, I lifted 6inchs and i want to add a bench seat behind the front seats. I did some reading but its all for the previous years. They say the mounting holes are 858mm from the back of the front seat bases. Can someone confirm and help me out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
Hi All, I have a 2019 144 2wd gas, I lifted 6inchs and i want to add a bench seat behind the front seats. I did some reading but its all for the previous years. They say the mounting holes are 858mm from the back of the front seat bases. Can someone confirm and help me out?
I believe that the NCV3 vans (model years from 2007(?) to 2018) only had factory-supplied bench seat mounting points IF the van was built with the V40 Station Wagon Floor Assembly option. Typically this option was found on passenger vans and crew vans, both of which came with at least one factory-installed bench seat. IF an NCV3 van was built with option V40, then 858 mm was the spacing between the mounting points for each row of seats (but not necessarily the measurement back from the front seats). Knowledge of that spacing was useful for owners that had less than the maximum number of bench seat rows installed, because the holes to access the mounting points were usually not pre-drilled except where the factory installed bench seats even though the mounting points were present under the floor. One could measure back 858 mm from a more forward bench seat mounting point, carefully drill through the metal floor, and uncover the next set of mounting points (female-threaded fasteners mounted in the frame). I did this on my 2017 crew van for a second row of bench seating.

Unless your van was built by the factory with a floor assembly for mounting seats in the cargo area, you'll be creating your own mounting points. I don't have a VS30 (model years 2019 and up) van myself, but from reading postings on the forum I'm pretty certain that even if you do have factory mounting points they aren't located the same way that the NCV3 ones were.

Hopefully someone with a VS30 van that has solved this problem can jump in and help you out. If not, the "search" function may find you some threads discussing the issue.

grantcochran

I have the mounting brackets for a 2019 crew van if you would like it. If your van is a cargo then you will likely need to drill through the frame and bolt the mounting brackets to the frame. The Ca campervans website has some additional information on this subject. Slamit has posted extensively on this subject.

JMG_Systems_Eng

Seating Systems Engineer
Drilling through the frame is not recommended in the Sprinter BEG handbook.

If you are interested in a modular seating solution that is tested & certified for the Sprinter cargo van check out our website, see link below. With this system you can add 1 to 3 comfortable reclining seats in a cargo van.

Attachments

JMG_Systems_Eng

Seating Systems Engineer
This look interesting. Can you please elaborate the testing and certification process?
Thanks.
this is a great question that I am starting to get a lot. Instead of repeating myself let me create a blog on our website that outlines all the design and testing steps we do to meet and certify our seating solutions to FMVSS 207/210 safety standards. Once I am done I'll add the link to the blog here.

Thanks

JMG_Systems_Eng

Seating Systems Engineer
This look interesting. Can you please elaborate the testing and certification process?
Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply. I had some technical difficulties setting-up my blog page on our website, web-development is not my thing :). Below is the link to my first blog post, which covers the "why we must test" this will set up the next post that will cover "how we test to certify our seats comply with FMVSS 207/210 requirements."

Thanks and I hope this helps folks here.

ruca

Sorry for the late reply. I had some technical difficulties setting-up my blog page on our website, web-development is not my thing :). Below is the link to my first blog post, which covers the "why we must test" this will set up the next post that will cover "how we test to certify our seats comply with FMVSS 207/210 requirements."

Thanks and I hope this helps folks here.
I have personally met Henry last week to check their seats. The craftsmanship is outstanding!!! He even accommodated my request to design a custom seat base in no time at all ( Henry, I hope my drawing helped :) ).

JMG_Systems_Eng

Seating Systems Engineer
Thought I'd share a few pictures of the final results for @ruca and his low roof NCV3 Sprinter passenger van, aka "the Ruca Escape pod". He decided to go with 3x 18" seats in the 2nd row. 2x 22" Captain Chairs in the 3rd row and 2x 18" seats in the last row to accommodate an upcoming kitchen galley. I like the layout and all the space it creates in the rear. Turned out great and @ruca is now ready to log some serious miles in comfort with his family!

IMG_1484_x.jpeg

IMG_1472.jpeg

ZY-Photo-2020-10-15-00000093.jpg

ZY-Photo-2020-10-15-00000106.jpg

IMG_1473.jpeg

If you would like to learn more about our bolt on seating solutions for the Sprinter Passenger vans check out our website for more details, link below.

Thanks,

ruca

Thought I'd share a few pictures of the final results for @ruca and his low roof NCV3 Sprinter passenger van, aka "the Ruca Escape pod". He decided to go with 3x 18" seats in the 2nd row. 2x 22" Captain Chairs in the 3rd row and 2x 18" seats in the last row to accommodate an upcoming kitchen galley. I like the layout and all the space it creates in the rear. Turned out great and @ruca is now ready to log some serious miles in comfort with his family!

View attachment 157918

View attachment 157921

View attachment 157922

View attachment 157924

View attachment 157926

If you would like to learn more about our bolt on seating solutions for the Sprinter Passenger vans check out our website for more details, link below.

Thanks,
Hey thanks a million Henry!!! My wife likes it. And my 3 kids that are all bigger than me LOVE it and that is all that matters most to me. Didn't even care about the price to begin with, because of safety issues. Now there's 3 things that matters to them when we travel, fancy hotel suite, nice restaurants and now these seats :). By the way, these seats are very quiet compared to the OEMs.

Top Bottom