About to buy a 170 V6 RWD High Roof, any advice on dealer negotiation currently?

lance1303

Hi All, I am trying to buy a 170 V6 RWD High Roof, with most of the options Comfort Plus, Comfort, Seat Swivel, CO2/CO3, Exterior Lighting, Premium Plus, Driver Convenience, Parking Package with 360 etc. MSRP on the build page is $59400. Anyone got any advice on what they think I should try and negotiate it down to? Was thinking $56k but see some people are getting way more off Sticker. Also anyone have dealers in the South East (FL, GA etc that they have had a good experience with?

Thanks in advance.

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
I've seen more reports of discounts on the 19's.
Also, you can get 0% interest on the 19's for up to 5 years.

If you can get a quote on paper, email, or fax, you can send it to other dealers asking them to beat it.

The lighting package is hard to find.

djsincla

I would expect a few thousand off build price on a 2020 but its a tough negotiation especially if you have specific features you are looking for.

lance1303

I am struggling to get prices quoted from dealers in Florida - and one dealer told me today that the factory is not taking any further orders at the moment and that the wait is 8 months on a new one when they start again? Sounds like complete BS but wondering if anyone has heard anything about a break in orders being taken at the moment or what the lead on an order is?

Also wondering if anyone has had any luck calling or emailing dealers for quotes? Or do you find you inevitably have to go into the dealership to get a price? MB Van dealers are not close together, so visiting each and every one in South to Central Florida would take a good deal of driving and there is no guarantee that the person you would have to talk to is even going to be there when you get there - which is what happened to me on my first attempt.

lizardtool

8 months wasn't a complete exaggeration. I had to place my order by sep 10th to secure a build spot in Oct 1st production run of 4X4's in Düsseldorf.. If I'm lucky, it gets on the boat first week of December and it be nearly Christmas miracle to arrive before Santa's delivery run.
If (and I repeat IF) the next factory production run is January, you'd be lucky for your build to set sail by march... I'm up in canada, so I don't know if american sprinters are locally made.

drodio

"Avalanche" • 2022 170" Ext Cargo 4x4
I got 2,600 off list price for a fully loaded 2020.

@lance1303 Another tip: The finance department will likely want to sell you an extended warranty. 5 years & 100k miles. You might want to buy it. But what you can do is include that in the negotiation process up-front when you're negotiating the price.

Roamers

2020 4X4 170 Crew
Know what you can get the extended warranty duration you want from other dealers. My dealer matched the best I found. (As I recall >$1000 less)

lance1303

I got 2,600 off list price for a fully loaded 2020.

@lance1303 Another tip: The finance department will likely want to sell you an extended warranty. 5 years & 100k miles. You might want to buy it. But what you can do is include that in the negotiation process up-front when you're negotiating the price.
Thanks very much drodio, do you know how much you paid for the extension? Like Roamers said I think you can get the extra two years for around the $1000 mark?

lance1303

8 months wasn't a complete exaggeration. I had to place my order by sep 10th to secure a build spot in Oct 1st production run of 4X4's in Düsseldorf.. If I'm lucky, it gets on the boat first week of December and it be nearly Christmas miracle to arrive before Santa's delivery run.
If (and I repeat IF) the next factory production run is January, you'd be lucky for your build to set sail by march... I'm up in canada, so I don't know if american sprinters are locally made.
Hi Lizard, thanks for the info, the US sprinters are made in their new'ish plant in Charleston SC, so thankfully not Germany any longer in terms of time considerations.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
There is MB dealer selling on ebay and he will custom order Sprinter for you at good discount.
Forgot what state he is, but I contacted him over a year ago, so by now you might find other dealers as well.
When I custom-build $60k Ford truck, dealer in CA started with $6000 off MSRP offer, but don't expect such discount on MB.

drodio

"Avalanche" • 2022 170" Ext Cargo 4x4
When I was at the van expo, I saw a Sprinter with two sliding doors. I asked the guy "how'd you get that?" He said "I'm the Sprinter sales manager for the Tahoe area. I can custom order anything."

So maybe he's worth trying!.

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.18.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.18.06 PM.png

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
To each of his own.
I spend 1/2 year seeking Sprinter without sliding door.
Gives me whole interior for putting seats and cabinets.

Top Bottom