Your 4x4 Sprinter is lame.....

I guess if you have to question mpg, you can't afford it.

Feet to the gallon, Good one Bob.

Decades ago, I bought a used Ford 4wd van with a 460 motor in it. It got 6mpg, maybe 7. haha

I put a Navistar, that Ford offered at the time, 6.9 diesel engine in and doubled the mpg to around 11 or 12 mpg. It was a beast, but it worked for that time period. An Arrow aux. tank brought my capacity up to 66 gallons, so I did have some mileage range on that thirsty drinker.

I much prefer 20mpg and am ok with not having 4wd. I would like a rear locker though. I know. Ain't gonna happen.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
I met that guy in Alaska last year.
He is Austrian emigrant, who imported Austrian military vehicle and convert it to RV.
When I admired the off-road potential, the guy could not attach stairs to RV part and used 5' ladder hanging on the side to get in.
I am not even commenting what it takes to change 300lb wheel on such monster.
20190714234334_IMG_0040.jpg

D

Deleted member 50714

Exactly! One real concern I'd have if I was building one, is how fast will it go? I don't want some pig that maxes out at 50 mph when trying to get somewhere. Still.... cool vehicle.
I'd love to have one. Better yet I'd love to have a friend who has one.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Those conversion always bring lot of adrenaline to RV forum, but they don't play much role in real life.
The biggest impression made on me Canadian RV who was converted from Forest Firetruck, who was converted from military vehicle. It was for sale years ago, so plenty of pictures.
Can't find its picture now, but plenty similar to choose from.
The most question about the Canadian RV was spare wheel, who rested on top of hatchback and with about 300 lb weigh had it own crane.

matthewd

thats a lmtv van, m1079 , about 5mpg 55mph top speed, you can go about 65 with a gear upgrade, its usa military, in austria they are the steyr 12m18

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
everytime you drive a rig like this you have your next fuel stop planned.... how often does anyone truly need this burly of a vehicle as compared to the ease of everyday driving, parking and the economy of a Sprinter 4x4 or something similar... they are cool to look at but to each their own...

matthewd

i wanted one, the mpg is a killer, the only other option in usa is a Mitsubishi 4x4 fuso which gets about 11mpg, as for the size, i think they are about the same length as a sprinter, probably a little wider though

boyscout

Some lunatic was using this in the UK for a while. Parked up on the road at a seaside town it was getting parking tickets everyday:)
Sort of impressive engineering but totally ridiculous.
"totally ridiculous" you misspelled totally awesome!

everytime you drive a rig like this you have your next fuel stop planned.... how often does anyone truly need this burly of a vehicle as compared to the ease of everyday driving, parking and the economy of a Sprinter 4x4 or something similar... they are cool to look at but to each their own...
I don't know... mine has a 1,000 mile range and runs on any type of diesel so fueling it up in the Atacama Desert is easier than in my Sprinter. :)

lindenengineering

This is Russian Kamaz.
Correct
One of range of very capable Russian well built trucks.
As I have posted before, if I was running a fleet of trucks in sub Saharan Africa it would be my first choice for a sturdy truck with endurance.
Kamaz has a joint venture with MB produces the Sprinter .

Some of their latest stuff and sometimes I get their news letters.
Dennis

Top Bottom