Ignore function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
When you click on member handle - it will pop up personal information and ignore button.
Personally I never ignored anybody. No matter how drastic opinions one might have, it is good thing to exchange the opinions and often controversial opinions are quoted in other replies, so when you block 1 member, you are loosing track what other members are talking about.

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Personally I never ignored anybody. No matter how drastic opinions one might have, it is good thing to exchange the opinions and often controversial opinions are quoted in other replies, so when you block 1 member, you are loosing track what other members are talking about.
I agree that blocking members because you don't like their opinions is a bad idea. That is where echo chambers come from.

In my years on the list, I have blocked exactly four members (only two of whom are still around). I did so not because I didn't like their opinions, but for repeated, blatant ad hominem attacks. That, I just can't stomach.

P.S. -- While we are on the topic, let me repeat my frequent plea for an "ignore thread" feature. There is presently no way to scan the entire content stream without being forced to scan the same very long list of threads that don't interest me over and over again. Such a feature would vastly streamline the list for those of us who wish to see all new topics.

Last edited:

mikeme

2015 LTV IB: 2015 3500 V6
When you click on member handle - it will pop up personal information and ignore button.
Understand, but I think it a chance I am willing to take. and the risk is only that you loose track of what one person is talking about.

when the amount of drivel overtakes the amount of useful and respectful information, it is not worth my time.

hippy

Hardware Modifier
I block the product shills as their spammy shite gets boring. Also bots with logins, not the bot that scrape for search engines. The plonkers are mostly entertaining.
If I spot a post from a ignored user on the (15+ pages of ?) then I bring the human back.
One of my useful posts might be the solution they seek.

amigob

2010 H2L2 Sprinter CDI313 4x4, EU
Be aware you block the complete thread ignored persons start, so you also indirectly block others.
Blocking people for me is not what they write but how they write it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom