Sliding door window

Kenkud

The plexiglass side window in the sliding door of my 2006 G24 has cracked and needs to be replaced.

Does anyone have any leads as to where I might find one. Gulf Stream has not been helpful.

A tag on the window seems to indicate that it is made by SEITZ which seems to be part of Dometic but only in Europe.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Oakman

I use a plastics company in San Marcos, CA called MGM Plastics to replace broken parts. Don't have any idea where you're located but any similar palstics company should be able to get what you need.

Bill www.oaktreevans.com

Kenkud

Finally received replacement plexiglass SEITZ window for G24 from Dometic. I uploaded
a pdf parts list which should show up somewhere on the forum. Vista Cruiser windows marked with the SEITZ logo should be available through any Dometic dealer.

Attachments

Kenkud

Here's a copy of the email with Dometic contact that finally, after several months, set me on the path to getting just the window. Dometic will not sell you the item directly so you have to find a persistent dealer.

customersupportcenter@...

Jul 29

Mr. Kudisch,

I would be happy to help you find the parts you are looking for. Can you please take a picture of your current window, it will have the model # information on it and that will help me to locate the correct part for you.

We appreciate this opportunity to address your situation, and hope all your future travels are trouble free. Please do not hesitate to contact us any time, to order parts or if we can be of assistance.

Thank You
Amy L
Customer Support Center
800 544 4881
edometic.com / DometicUSA.com
Dometic LLC

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
Curious has anyone swapped out their blinds? mine are getting pretty wonky.
If by Wonky, you mean reluctant to retract, that can be fixed somewhat easily, just takes a litte bit of time, maybe 20-30 minutes of time for each blind,.....I have had to reclock the rewind springs on all of mine,.....some a second time.

lance_k

If by Wonky, you mean reluctant to retract, that can be fixed somewhat easily, just takes a litte bit of time, maybe 20-30 minutes of time for each blind,.....I have had to reclock the rewind springs on all of mine,.....some a second time.
wonky as in yes reluctant to retract, they fall down at times, and ripping the fabric. Duct tape isn't helping hold them together. yikes.

Saturn949

Mine was broken when I got my van. I end up getting entire window from internet store in UK Complete window with inner and outer frames and shipping to US cost around 580$ . Installation is different story as i had to fabricate new wooden frame as my window was leaking before and wood frame was water damaged and had to be replaced. Door also have some rust on it so I treated with rust converter and painted before installing new window.

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
wonky as in yes reluctant to retract, they fall down at times, and ripping the fabric. Duct tape isn't helping hold them together. yikes.
Dont use duct tape. Use a quality clear packaging tape like 3M,....do the repair when you have the assembly off the door on a table and wrap the tape around the edge,....half on the outside and half on the inside. I did mine two years ago,...still holding. Reclock the rewind springs holding the flat end of the shade spring with very narrow Vise Grip pliers. When re-installing slide the flat tip under the retaining staple,....remove your Vise Grips, then slide the spring shaft home under the staple,...install your two screws on the opposite end of the shade and Bob's your Uncle. PS,...If you havent removed one of your shade assemblies yet,....then the above instructions may not make sense,....once you remove one and look at it,....you will understand the above.

greybush

My issue was the plastic "tracks" inside the window frame that blinds slide in. Those tracks were all warped which made moving the blinds a real pain. I pulled the windows apart and used a heat gun to straighten and flatten the plastic tracks. I got them warm enough to be flexible and quickly clamped them between a couple of straight edges. They run like butter now.

Top Bottom