Tire choices for 2004 2500 sprinter 118" T1n

I am in the market for new tires for my 2004 118" T1n.
The recommended tire is a 225/70/15". The van came with 235/75/15 Firestone Destination.
As I plan to tow some and load the van up I am looking for a commercial LT rated tire. I also want good rain capability, snow is no issue as I am in Florida USA Unfortunately I am having a hard time finding tires with this spec in this size range.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a specific tire or online dealer who may stock what I need.
Interested to hear what others are running.

Just to add, I am finding tires in this size but most of them are the offroad type designed for SUV/offroad use. I want a good rain tire I can run fast on the highway with and that gets good milage.

Phill

Last edited:
I gave up and went to 16”.
I assume the 16" rims and tires fit the wheel wells with no issues. I like how zippy my 118" is I am guessing this would affect the acceleration with a bigger tire. It may also be detrimental to fuel consumption. Did you notice any difference?

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
"zippy" and "best fuel economy" don't go together.
Going to 16 inch wheels probably won't affect your mileage (your overdrive will be slightly higher).
Even MB eventually went to 16 inch in 2006.

--dick

Garandman

I assume the 16" rims and tires fit the wheel wells with no issues. I like how zippy my 118" is I am guessing this would affect the acceleration with a bigger tire. It may also be detrimental to fuel consumption. Did you notice any difference?
Did not get larger diameter tires: the 235/65x16 tires we have are exactly the same rolling diameter as the stock 15’s.

Garandman

Or you can buy new wheels for $70 more from Tirerack.

DanAzon

The recommended tire is a 225/70/15". The van came with 235/75/15 Firestone Destination.
As I plan to tow some and load the van up I am looking for a commercial LT rated tire. I also want good rain capability, snow is no issue as I am in Florida USA Unfortunately I am having a hard time finding tires with this spec in this size range.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a specific tire or online dealer who may stock what I need.

Just to add, I am finding tires in this size but most of them are the offroad type designed for SUV/offroad use. I want a good rain tire I can run fast on the highway with and that gets good milage.

Phill
I put these on my 2008 3500 170
I like them a lot, quiet smooth and best of all CHEAP!

DanAzon

Phill
in your size

DanAzon

Phill
What size tire is on the door plate, I would stick with the factory recommendation if you want best performance and fuel economy.

ZekesAutowerks

Sprinter service WNC
Be careful with tire size changes and the ABS system. My 118 was doing some weird stuff with the wrong size (trailer) tire installed by previous owner. I ended up going with these. Very good for the money, correct load rating, all season European (Russian?) made.

Top Bottom