For Sale Thread: Airstream Sprinter Westfalia Vans Available to Buy

lvkas

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm looking for one (too). Was too slow for the one that was sold in Bend.

westyventures

In the Oregon Outback
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm looking for one (too). Was too slow for the one that was sold in Bend.
What is your price range and do you need low miles and pristine or?
I'm going to sell mine soon, close to Bend, around $40K.

westyventures

In the Oregon Outback
That's too bad, Karl. Didn't fit your needs?
In a few ways, no. Since I travel with three dogs, the lower bed setup and remaining floor space when set up just didn't work. It also needs a few things to be a real 4-season camper. Even though it's older and slower, I decided my 1993 Karmann Distance Wide (VW LT31 based) fits my lifestyle better, plus I am still moving forward on my original Sprinter T1N 4x4 camper build...slowly. I had to stop for awhile and build a bigger shop next to my home.

ecobon

I am selling mine. It's got quite a few issues. I am the second owner. The first one loved this camper, and modified it with Koni shocks and stiffer leaf springs, then added a switch on the fuel pump for high altitude function.

I drove the camper with my family of 4 and dog for about 31K miles and added nothing. Ended up repairing the bathroom faucet leak only to have it reappear a couple of years later. Espar heater smokes up, but never blows hot air--no error codes, though and may need a good cleaning. Windshield cracked, driver side awning window cracked, upstairs smaller awning windows have small hairline fractures in them--and growing. Skylight works and functions as normal, bathroom skylight/vent is cracked around its edges, but keeps a proper seal when closed away from rain. Remote on the key stopped working when starter battery went dead, and now the door lock switch blinks on and off and has trouble keeping all door locks closed at the same time (I have to manually lock them). Clearcoat on the roof is all peeled off. This needs to be properly cleaned, sanded, and then reprayed with something industrial so that it will last--no cracks. Glowplug #5 is out, but the car starts and runs normally. The light goes out after driving for a hundred miles or so. I get over 18 mpg in the winter, and 21 mpg in the summer.

I was going to spend a good month within a high ceiling garage with scaffolding to remedy the aforementioned issues, but my family shows no more interest in traveling this way.

Since *most* families desire to travel (and bugout) with something small and light, but fully functional as a second home, I thought it would be a good time to begrudgingly list it for sale. Lots of work needed, but after the windshield, and awning window replacement, the camper can be repaired at your pace and needs.

The vehicle is listed in the Orange County (California) Craigslist.

SteveMC

I am selling mine. It's got quite a few issues. I am the second owner. The first one loved this camper, and modified it with Koni shocks and stiffer leaf springs, then added a switch on the fuel pump for high altitude function.

I drove the camper with my family of 4 and dog for about 31K miles and added nothing. Ended up repairing the bathroom faucet leak only to have it reappear a couple of years later. Espar heater smokes up, but never blows hot air--no error codes, though and may need a good cleaning. Windshield cracked, driver side awning window cracked, upstairs smaller awning windows have small hairline fractures in them--and growing. Skylight works and functions as normal, bathroom skylight/vent is cracked around its edges, but keeps a proper seal when closed away from rain. Remote on the key stopped working when starter battery went dead, and now the door lock switch blinks on and off and has trouble keeping all door locks closed at the same time (I have to manually lock them). Clearcoat on the roof is all peeled off. This needs to be properly cleaned, sanded, and then reprayed with something industrial so that it will last--no cracks. Glowplug #5 is out, but the car starts and runs normally. The light goes out after driving for a hundred miles or so. I get over 18 mpg in the winter, and 21 mpg in the summer.

I was going to spend a good month within a high ceiling garage with scaffolding to remedy the aforementioned issues, but my family shows no more interest in traveling this way.

Since *most* families desire to travel (and bugout) with something small and light, but fully functional as a second home, I thought it would be a good time to begrudgingly list it for sale. Lots of work needed, but after the windshield, and awning window replacement, the camper can be repaired at your pace and needs.

The vehicle is listed in the Orange County (California) Craigslist.

How many miles are on this?

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
Copying for records as CL info disappears:

2005 Airstream Westfalia Sprinter RV - $37,800 (Irvine)

Good running condition: engine is strong and transmission shifts smoothly. Rear/bathroom skylight is cracked on
its sides, but seals against water just fine (should replaced with an active fan housing for better performance and comfort). Cylinder 5 glowplug is out, but the car starts and runs fine. I have the factory glowplugs to replace all 5 of them. Remote lock will not work (starter battery died and settings are corrupted; will require a visit to dealer to reprogram). Bathroom sink faucet leaking behind the cabinet. Shower pan has a crack and covered up with aluminum tape temporarily--will need replacement to prevent leaking underneath the pan. Driver side awning window (dual paned plastic is cracked and will need replacement. Factory Dodge 42" glass window with factory seals will fit snug/perfectly ~ $500). Espar heater is smoking at startup and cannot continue with heat. No fault codes yet, but will need to serviced, or replaced with a different unit. Windshield is cracked and will need replacement (Dodge Sprinter replacement glass is about $250 install, OEM is about $400)

Roof is peeling clear coat, and should be sanded, prepped and repainted with industrial painting methods for a long lasting remedy. There are a few small dents on the hood due to hail storm damage. I would estimate about $5K in repairs to make this camper picture-perfect. Or just replace the glass, and the camper is good to take on your next adventure and you can slowly do other repairs as needed.

Sleeps 4 comfortably: Queen on top, and full sized bed from bench seating. Seat belts for (5) passengers. All self contained with black, gray, and fresh water tanks. Propane to drive Onan generator for extra electrical power requirements, and stove. 12V 200A Gel Cell underneath bench for house battery (should be replaced with LifePO4 eventually). 5 cylinder turbo diesel (Mercedes Benz).

No trades, no consignments, cash only. This camper is one of a kind with a very strong cult following! Extremely rare. 18 ft. long and fits in all normal parking spots, 20-21 mpg on diesel fuel provides great economy traveling across the nation. Upstairs bunk is very spacious and flexible (can be used for storage during your drive).

UPDATES
10/12/2020 Pics coming soon!

2005 Airstream Westphalia Sprinter
condition: fair
cryptocurrency ok
cylinders: 5 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 103200
paint color: silver
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: van

ecobon

This looks like it's going to sell tomorrow morning for the best offer received thus far. If anyone is interested in it, and wants to buy it tomorrow (place deposit on it), let me know soon.

ecobon

Ok. Take mine off of the list. It has been sold. I will miss it quite a bit, but it also gives others a chance to enjoy it as well. Thanks goes to everyone on this forum with great support and ideas on how we can fully enjoy this great vehicle.

BIG THANKS!

Camp

Sprinter Westfalia
Saw this van on another thread in the Westy sub-forum . No affiliation, just copying the basic info over for those quickly scrolling through the listings.

Location not stated (NV plates with NV/CA service, Sprinter Source profile lists Reno, NV).

$55,000

46,089 miles (odometer issue)

ilsinc

The Westy above listed on ebay.

Camp

Sprinter Westfalia
The Westy above listed on ebay.

Thanks for finding that! Looks like it has some additional useful info...

Reno, NV is the location

VIN WD5PD644745660467

Not copying the rest of the info over as the text is similar to what can be found in the original thread.

Cja360

I just posted mine for sale. This is a blue one that minigoogoo did an excellent job reconditioning and I bought in 2013. 104,064 miles with regular maintenance and use. Excellent mechanical shape. Gelcoat is starting to come off fiberglass roof, but excellent cosmetic shape otherwise. Asking $53,750. Outside Seattle in Issaquah, WA. More pictures on craigslist ad.

Recent service:
  • New Michelin LTX M/S tires at 96,091 miles (including spare tire)
  • New chassis battery 9/2020
  • 2 new Duracel Platinum AGM house batteries (10/2020)
  • Glow plug replacement 9/2020
  • Sprinter dealer inspection
  • Interior blinds re-tensioned and lubed
Modifications from stock:
  • Spare tire
  • LED lights in kitchen
  • Aluminum turbo resonator
  • Rear backup camera
  • Electronic ignition 4 gallon water heater
  • Espar digimax 1000 thermostat (allows heater error code reading and reset)
  • Usb charging ports next to upper bed and near rear closet
  • Mercedes badging installed
  • Removed phone jack and cable wiring
  • 12v TV removed (included if desired)
  • Airstream badging removed
  • A/C relay removed and replaced with manual 12v-120v switch
  • Bug screen for sliding doorIMG_1959.JPEGIMG_1962 - Copy.JPEGIMG_1971.JPEGIMG_1961.JPEG

Top Bottom