Remove propane generator?

henry9

Hi All,

we never really use it. Has anyone removed it and put the tire back under the chassis? ‘08 Agile have Had it for 4 years and run generator mostly for maintenance. Have made a few baked potatoes in microwave but that’s also coming out for more storage.
Thanks.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Where do you camp?
I never needed generator when I camped in high Sierra, but over the years I start appreciating inverter power for morning coffee and that eventually needed generator on day 3.
Now I camp mostly in southern states and generator if first thing started when I stop, so I can run AC.

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Same with us.. we mostly venture into the Northern States.... Canada isn't open to us yet, this is where we go to 90% of the time. Since we boondock; BLM, dispersed, NFS, etc and stay there for some times: Fly Fishing... we use the propane gen for an hour to replenish the batteries and the 3 way refrigerator. Almost never the AConditioner as it's always too cool up there at 5-8000'. Added a muffler to silence it a bit although not that silent and vibrates. Have since improved our suspension via AgileOffroad which raided the Onan exhaust pipe quite a bit. Currently we carry a 16 gal propane tank...which generally lasts about a month and half.

If we had the latest gizmos and bells/ whistles then we'd do it via induction/Li batteries/solar...etc. but $$$$.

cheers

Grouser

Live free,,, or die fighting for it,,,, no2 woke
Curious how you get your portable 16 lb tank to fill the RV tank. Or are you just using it separately on a cook stove or something.

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Curious how you get your portable 16 lb tank to fill the RV tank. Or are you just using it separately on a cook stove or something.
Oh, failed to be specific. Our 16 gal propane tank is permanently mounted underneath of the Van. There is a underbody cavity where it fits into. It has a gauge, vent, filler connection.

cheers...

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
To be very technical
-tanks is something mounted permanently to the frame and is exempt from inspections
-cylinder is portable unit and under DOT laws require certifications every 5 years.
Bottom line if you use propane a lot- you definitively want a tank.

Top Bottom