Yaw rate lateral longitudinal accelerator sensor

gixxer_jack

Hey!

I've just got my first sprinter and I'm having some issues unfortunately.

I've cleared the code and the problem still returns, when I accelerate it just feels like it really struggles almost like it's in limp mode. It doesnt show Any warning light on the dash although it did for a day or two and then it turned off on it's own.

Anyway plugged it in and the main thing it came up with was this.. from my understanding the yaw the rate sensor was to do with stability.. would this affect me accelerating.

20200626_220041.jpg

Any advice would be really appreciated, also the location of the sensor as I dont have my heynes manual yet.

It's a 313cdi 2009 it's the 2.1 130bhp UK model

Thanks,

Jack

Last edited:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
What year, model and engine is your Sprinter?

I'm guessing you are in the UK but please can you confirm.

Keith.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
OK Thanks for adding the detail.

I may be wrong but I think that means your Sprinter has tripped the crash sensor, ie it thinks it has crashed!

Has it always done this since you bought it or did it 'happen' recently?

Keith.

gixxer_jack

OK Thanks for adding the detail.

I may be wrong but I think that means your Sprinter has tripped the crash sensor, ie it thinks it has crashed!

Has it always done this since you bought it or did it 'happen' recently?

Keith.
No worries, That sounds worrying!

So I drove it just over 200 miles home with no issues about 4 weeks ago, I've been driving it about since completely fine, taken it to a garage to get the ball joints done which they couldnt do as they didnt have a big enough press and that's about it untill a few days ago..

I've done a hip check which checked any record accidents and it came up all fine.

gixxer_jack

Also just to add to this, when the code was deleted it drove fine for a couple of minutes but then obviously the accelerating issue returned.

I'm hoping it would be an easy fix of just replacing the sensor, I'm not to clued up about these more modern vehicles, I used to have a t4 which was pretty simple to work on as it didnt have to much high tech stuff to go wrong

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
This recent thread mentions 9097 so may be worth a read...

Keith.

gixxer_jack

This recent thread mentions 9097 so may be worth a read...

Keith.
Thanks for that I've already had a read of that but just re read it to double check and I think it was a connection issue they had with no mention of if the 9097 error was fixed

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Can you electrically lock your doors?
In the T1N (i.e. older model), when the "about to crash" sensors were triggered, one of the symptoms would be the doors refusing to lock via the dashboard switch. (it wanted them openable by emergency personnel)

--dick

gixxer_jack

Can you electrically lock your doors?
In the T1N (i.e. older model), when the "about to crash" sensors were triggered, one of the symptoms would be the doors refusing to lock via the dashboard switch. (it wanted them openable by emergency personnel)

--dick
It looks fine with the central locking key but I haven't actually used the dashboard switch. I'll have a look and see what it does, thanks for the reply!

Top Bottom