Best Tires for 2020 2500 4x4

sanomechanic

Awesome, thanks. I too have the factory alloy wheels, I like them.
That OEM wheel offset was engineered to the van. Changing it effects the way the van handles, and the safety controls. Smart not changing them. Even with larger tires. The off set and tire center line remains the same as factory. You will really notice a huge difference with the 265 tire.

VanGoSki

That OEM wheel offset was engineered to the van. Changing it effects the way the van handles, and the safety controls. Smart not changing them. Even with larger tires. The off set and tire center line remains the same as factory. You will really notice a huge difference with the 265 tire.
Right. It also affects the weight distribution between the inner and outer wheel bearings, shortening their life. I'm stoked to try the larger tires. I will probably go with something with more aggressive tread though. Maybe the KO2's.

PeteD

For my 2019 4x4 Sprinter 144 - ordered BFG 265/70R17 from Agile Offroad with Black Rhino wheels (45mm offset) and they
For my 2019 4x4 Sprinter 144 - ordered BFG 265/70R17 from Agile Offroad with Black Rhino wheels (45mm offset) and they rubbed - had to order the "No Rub" kit
Pygmy - What style Black Rhino wheels are you running? I was thinking about running Black Rhino Havasu wheels (45mm offset) and BFG KO2 265/70R17 on my 2020 4x4. Agile's site says this combination should have worked....

45 mm Offset

For van owners looking to retain factory-like fit we suggest the 45 mm offset wheel. Tires up to 265 width sit within the wheel wells with no “poke”. Because of the higher offset and narrower width, no mudflap or fender modifications are required on the new (VS30 – 2019/2020+) Sprinter for tires 265/70-R17 & smaller.

sanomechanic

Right. It also affects the weight distribution between the inner and outer wheel bearings, shortening their life. I'm stoked to try the larger tires. I will probably go with something with more aggressive tread though. Maybe the KO2's.
Run KO2s on last van 2016 Crew. Had them on a Lexus LX470 and a Tundra. All 3 vehicles would get vibrations and tires would get loud. Would have to re balance tires frequently. The tread cap is so heavy and stretches out of round after 3-6 months of high speed spin cycles. That's why I went with Michelin. They stay in balance and do not get noisy when rubber hardens with age. KOs do look cool but...I'm over looking cool. I'm in to quiet, smooth ride these days. Just my 2 cents....

romanousky

Pygmy - What style Black Rhino wheels are you running? I was thinking about running Black Rhino Havasu wheels (45mm offset) and BFG KO2 265/70R17 on my 2020 4x4. Agile's site says this combination should have worked....

45 mm Offset

For van owners looking to retain factory-like fit we suggest the 45 mm offset wheel. Tires up to 265 width sit within the wheel wells with no “poke”. Because of the higher offset and narrower width, no mudflap or fender modifications are required on the new (VS30 – 2019/2020+) Sprinter for tires 265/70-R17 & smaller.
For what's it worth I just mounted 275/70/17 BFG K02 on Black Rhino Havasu to a 2020 4x4 144". I got the 38mm offset. I did install the no rub fender kit from Agile and it really gave a lot more room for tire. The 275's are about 1/2" from rubbing at worst point of turn radius....very happy with the setup but just mentioning that because I would be shocked if the 265's did not rub without a fender 'adjustment'.

The tires are slightly louder than the factory but the bigger rubber soaks up washboard and pot hole noise much better (don't get the tin can rattle sounds as much)....that should all get cured with an interior though.

Been running these tires for many years and have quite a different experience than sanomechanic. Never had to re-balance. Overall local climate and driving conditions probably play a role. I live in Oregon where summer highs aren't extreme and freeway driving is about 75 tops. Not sure if that has something to do with it. Who knows, I've never been disappointed with them

IMG_8597.jpg

PeteD

@romanousky Looks great! Do you have a pic from the side? I'd like to see the no rub kit and clearance in the wheel wells.

Last edited:

tbush

265/75/16 Falken Wildpeak
Low noise
Drives great
Looks good too
Cheaper than KO2, higher mileage rating if I remember correctly, per Discount Tire fits 6.5” rim
Thank you for sharing, the new shoes look great! ? Did the tires require any modification to the stock fenders? I am interested in these exact tires for my 2500 4x4 with the OEM steel rims.

colin509

I haven't seen anyone running 275/65/18 and wonder why? They measure virtually identical to 275/70/17 and seem to me to be a better choice in case there is a future hack available for the Adaptive Cruise Control limitation on tire size and allow an upgrade to a larger tire while still looking good.

colin509

Better choice in what way?
I was referencing the future hack that might allow a user to override the programmed limit on tire sizes and if that happens and a 35" tire is able to be installed then I think an 18" wheel would make it easier to find tires and look better. But also just curious why nobody is doing 18" wheels....I'm sure I'm overlooking something.

Top Bottom