Dpf delete questions.

mrtimholmes

Hello and thank you for the info in advance... just bought a 08 dodge sprinter v6, it Has 155k on it..bought my delete pipe today from rawtek inc....researching the ECM programing... #1 should i send in the ECM to get it programmed somewhere...or #2 is there a programmer i can connect to my ODB port To program it like i do whith my EZLYNK on my truck...and last but not least---#3 - should i also put blocker plates on my EGR...THANKS AGAIN, take care and enjoy that van.

220817a

Independent & Self Reliant - From Chattanooga TN
#1. You have 3 options... a) Send the ECU to someone for reading/modification/writing of the ECU, b) you can read the ECU and send the file to someone for modification and after write the modified file on the ECU... c) you can learn to do everything yourself. The cheapest and easiest option is b.

#2. There is no programmer that does modifications. The programmer is simply a tool that reads and writes the ECU. For modifications other programs are used.

#3. Yes... See picture below.

Is this what you bought? See picture...

Attachments

mrtimholmes

Option B is what id like to learn how to do.
What software and and ODB port cable should i get.
—- yes, that is the pipe i got

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
With new DPF available for $600, I would never do it.
I did it on 1 of my sedans with 2.1l, but that was at the time when rebuild DPF was $3000 and MB USA could not deliver replacement.
Even my DPF deleted car passes Nevada smog with 0 particles, it seems to deliver less mpg than the 1 with working DPF. The difference is subtle, so maybe more city miles it to blame, but it 36.1 mpg for sedan with DPF working and 33.8 mpg for sedan with empty DPF.
Bare in mind that more and more states are following with smog requirements and it might come to your area sooner or later.

220817a

With new DPF available for $600, I would never do it.
I did it on 1 of my sedans with 2.1l, but that was at the time when rebuild DPF was $3000 and MB USA could not deliver replacement.
Even my DPF deleted car passes Nevada smog with 0 particles, it seems to deliver less mpg than the 1 with working DPF. The difference is subtle, so maybe more city miles it to blame, but it 36.1 mpg for sedan with DPF working and 33.8 mpg for sedan with empty DPF.
Bare in mind that more and more states are following with smog requirements and it might come to your area sooner or later.
Do you at least understand how your sedan with a deleted function of dpf passes the emissions test?... And if your seadan passes, don't you think that it is possible for others to do the same thing?

D

Deleted member 86082

#1. You have 3 options... a) Send the ECU to someone for reading/modification/writing of the ECU, b) you can read the ECU and send the file to someone for modification and after write the modified file on the ECU... c) you can learn to do everything yourself. The cheapest and easiest option is b.

#2. There is no programmer that does modifications. The programmer is simply a tool that reads and writes the ECU. For modifications other programs are used.

#3. Yes... See picture below.

Is this what you bought? See picture...
Can you remove the entire EGR cooler, valve and install a plug on the exhaust and intake while bypassing the coolant lines?

D

Deleted member 86082

Hello and thank you for the info in advance... just bought a 08 dodge sprinter v6, it Has 155k on it..bought my delete pipe today from rawtek inc....researching the ECM programing... #1 should i send in the ECM to get it programmed somewhere...or #2 is there a programmer i can connect to my ODB port To program it like i do whith my EZLYNK on my truck...and last but not least---#3 - should i also put blocker plates on my EGR...THANKS AGAIN, take care and enjoy that van.
I recommend sending the ECU to Malone for the delete.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Do you at least understand how your sedan with a deleted function of dpf passes the emissions test?... And if your seadan passes, don't you think that it is possible for others to do the same thing?
I answer, even you are trolling.
Nobody knows how my sedan passes emission with 0 detection. My Ford 6.7l passed with 0 as well, although both cars had some emission recorded a year before.
When no test is perfect, I think those engines are so clean that they will not emit particles when hot. I think last year I drove from home straight to smog station, what is 1 mile and did not get engines hot enough.
For this year I plan to do longer drive before going for the test.
Sprinter with 260k miles passed with minimal detection. Would it pass with DPF delete? I would like to believe so, but everything it this World evolve and back in California my diesels had visual-only inspection (with OBD plug) when this year California start program with inserting probes.
Coronavirus slowed everything down, but would love to hear from California owners how their new smog test go?

220817a

You never troll? 0 particals emitted exists only the head of those that don't understand the limitations of an emission test when it come to solid/soot particles.

Why don't you take your MBII scanner and hook it up to your sedan and scan it under CDI4 4 cylinder, scroll down to dpf dynamic test and look at the Soot level and Ash level. Take a picture of that "live data" and post it here. Should show a number followed by g/L...

220817a

Can you remove the entire EGR cooler, valve and install a plug on the exhaust and intake while bypassing the coolant lines?
It will be difficult to remove the EGR cooler due to the fact that the Exhaust Back Pressure (EBP) sensor is placed in the EGR cooler and you need the EBP for the functioning of the turbo.

As far as blocking the EGR recycling exhaust gases, yes I use a plug for that. See picture below...

The coolant lines can be rerouted and not flow any coolant through the EGR cooler.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 50714

State to state smog testing is continuously evolving and becoming more stringent. Delete may devalue your vehicle for future sale.

Top Bottom