Closed topic

• Thread starter Deleted member 104427
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 104427

Sure I do understand its got to be done and I have enjoyed the first few weeks of some much-needed downtime. But man I have got to get out and go, do you understand me? So what have I been doing, as I wait for the Sprinter to be ready to roll? Watching a lot of YouTube stuff. The breakup of MAX & LEE and "On the Road with RON" as he shows road trips, MOD TIPS (Modification Tips). Completed a lot of Honey Due home DIY stuff. Pressure washing was fun, seeing a once again clean home. Had some kiddos blow off our house roof debris. (funny I say kiddos and there two brothers in there late 20s and 30s). I think they did a nice job as I'm too old to be climbing up on the roof. A few of my neighbors come together around the campfire (STAYING APART) truly about 8-foot apart is a circle of chairs around the fire pit.

As we wait for the completion of our new class B RV, I keep going over the VIN DATA trying to get a picture in my head of our 2019-MB Sprinter 3500-model, with a 170-WB, Engine OM642 DE 30LA 140 kW (190hp) 3800 rpm, this is about all FACTS I know. What I don't and want to know is how many tires on the ground. Where can I learn about the engine OM 642? Once all completed should cost a bit over 160,000. Suggestions? This VIRUS has held stuff up from April. This would have been the approximant pick time, but then again. The only one who LOVES me is TRUMP, or like the women in my life my MONEY HAHA.

Until this VIRUS I never did fully understand how much women dose to take care of herself self and I'm told its all for me (BS). But hey even in her 60s, she still looks like the beauty queen I married, wonderful cook man so good and smart. But I have not told her how smart she is in what 45-years lol.

Well, I'm sure you guys can see I'm just rambling on so I'll stop now.

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
Thank Governor Cuomo, he did not bother to contain it in NYC. He told all of his voters, to get out of Dodge.

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
So what are you doing to cope with all this VIRUS BS?
image.jpeg
asking the question and wondering what I'm messing with all the OEM DATA and nothing as to the number of wheels on the Ground.
.. It's listed 3500 model and not a super single then it has 6 wheels on the Ground

Well, I'm good with PAINT COLOR, most of the safety stuff, and sorry this request is so hard for anyone to be able to pass along from looking at a VIN DATA SHEET? ANYONE?
Strong is the stress in this one.

Topic.

The truth?

I'm ridin' the emotional roller coaster. I follow the Covid-19 rules. When my wife has hit the lows, I practice social distancing. Fortunately typical trend graphing applies. The lows are most often followed by predicable up turns and... hopefully... highs.

On the other hand, I am a stable genius.

To quote my in-laws.... "All is good." (Actually I hate that phrase. ALL is never rarely good in life. Think about that.)

vic

Added:
For any who may have missed it... my tongue is firmly in my cheek while I typed some of the above comments. We're doing fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
I'm not doing anything to cope, really. Same sh*t, different day. Life is full of ups and downs. I'm not storming a beach in Normandy, or trying to take back a little island in the Pacific ocean - that is some significant stress. I'm not dealing with lying/deceitful federal government hacks threatening my livelihood if I narc on them. I saw my retirement income cash pile experience a significant sucking sound, but then a chunks of it filled back in (like the waves in the sand at the beach), and I'm sure the rest will eventually. I've had to deal with the local high school chucking my senior son out to finish the year at home, and my college sophomore daughter boomerang back to her room from her dorm, but that's come with us spending more time together as a family. Heck, the kids are even taking turns at cooking for the family one night per week each. Had to abandon my in-laws in Canada for a couple of months, but they are coping despite advanced age (80 for her, 90 for him).

Biggest impact? I think it was that our local K-12 robotics teams all had to stop meeting; that sucked. High school team had built a robot, but they didn't get to compete with it. Lower level elementary school kids had about 2 or 3 weeks into their 12-week season, then *full stop*. I can't do anything about it, and couldn't plan around it.

D

Deleted member 104427

What are you waiting for? :unsure:
Simple MsNomer, What you have shown as a quote on your post was me talking to everyone here in this forum, what a wonderful wife I have. That was not my question to this forum. This is at last check a SPRINTER forum, so I thought there would be a lot of knowing folks here. I wanted to know more about my ORDERED VAN. The up-filter can take a 2019 and call it a 2020 year vehicle. OKAY understand. A few months back I was provided with the VEHICLE VIN and was provided an 8-page report based on the VIN NUMBER. In all of my posts above, I have shared details to help a true sprinter person tell me what type of VAN model I have as to 4-wheels or 6-wheels down? The NINE pages has a lot but provide little as to the VAN models saying only "PANEL", is that PASSAGER, CREW, CARGO?. I have not found any MB Website that can provide the details I need. MOST FOLKS would say just call and ask, bottom line I've been told to wait and see. Looking at any USA made vehicle I get more than I want most times. SO what can you tell me? BUT ONLY with reference to the VAN MAKE, MODEL IN QUESTION, and NOT MY WIFE., thank you for asking.

D

Deleted member 104427

I'm not doing anything to cope, really. Same sh*t, different day. Life is full of ups and downs. I'm not storming a beach in Normandy, or trying to take back a little island in the Pacific ocean - that is some significant stress. I'm not dealing with lying/deceitful federal government hacks threatening my livelihood if I narc on them. I saw my retirement income cash pile experience a significant sucking sound, but then a chunks of it filled back in (like the waves in the sand at the beach), and I'm sure the rest will eventually. I've had to deal with the local high school chucking my senior son out to finish the year at home, and my college sophomore daughter boomerang back to her room from her dorm, but that's come with us spending more time together as a family. Heck, the kids are even taking turns at cooking for the family one night per week each. Had to abandon my in-laws in Canada for a couple of months, but they are coping despite advanced age (80 for her, 90 for him).

Biggest impact? I think it was that our local K-12 robotics teams all had to stop meeting; that sucked. High school team had built a robot, but they didn't get to compete with it. Lower level elementary school kids had about 2 or 3 weeks into their 12-week season, then *full stop*. I can't do anything about it, and couldn't plan around it.
So well, thanks for sharing as you did not answer any of my questions about the 2019 Sprinter VAN all posted above?

D

Deleted member 104427

View attachment 141737
.. It's listed 3500 model and not a super single then it has 6 wheels on the Ground
How does "SUPER SINGLE" even read into this? and if NOT which 3500? as the VIN only shows PANEL and not PASSENGER, CREW, CARGO? and what is UP with XD?

elemental

So well, thanks for sharing as you did not answer any of my questions about the 2019 Sprinter VAN all posted above?
I think we are responding to this thread which is entitled "So what are you doing to cope with all this VIRUS BS?" with an answer to that question. You created the thread in the "Off Topic" section of the forum. "Off Topic" is specifically for discussions NOT related to Sprinters. Hence the nature of our responses, which seems to be frustrating to you.

The information that you are specifically requesting would be best sought after in the VS30 Talk section of the forum, using a new thread with a subject like "Seeking details on VS30 by VIN number" or something like that. Fewer all capital/bolded words might enhance the readability of your inquiry there. Catching more flies with honey than with vinegar comes to mind as a trope. We are not any kind of official support team for MB Sprinters - we are all just owners/operators/independent repair people who have discussions about Sprinters and (sometimes) other things. We don't have any secret MB database, just the Datacard information that you already seem to know about. The firm that is building your RV for you should be able to provide you with the details you seek if they cannot be gleaned from the Datacard information; if they won't help you then you might be out of luck.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 104427

Most helpful thanks. YES, I do see what you mean in regards to my post location. As for my phraseology in my selected verbiage, I was not speaking to the full impact of the VIRUS and as to that did not mean to be in any way unkind. I was, however, speaking in part out of my frustration of being cooped up inside for what has been, WHAT? three months and thought I was speaking to others, who at over 70-years with medical issues wanted to get out of this BOX some of us may be forced in and do something more constructive than set in a chair. This Virus has been very hard on many and I should not complain about being in my BOX and growing older faster than I have been. Like I have stated I thought I was talking with others who wanted to get outside and go back to work. I was also inquiring as to what others are doing to cope with being stuck inside there shelters/homes.

Thanks for your advice on the topic post title. But what is a VS 30? please I'm not joking as that and XD I would like to learn more about and can not seem to find the MB Library area? As you may be very knowledgable about the MB, I am not. As to my asking the up filter, my question on the VEHICLE was referred to my dealer who provided me with only a VIN number "HELLO" I'm not a Facebook FAN club member, I'm not a twitter account holder. TRUST me when I tell you computers, in general, are not my thing and I've done Okay without computers for what most of my life. I do read about a lot of things. When I have a question about something I go to a book store and before that a library. As a newbie to this forum. I was instructed to just go in like your setting around a campfire and ask your questions. Now I am not the kind of person you say something and I believe or trust your words. I try and learn and check out what has been passed to me, so I can learn and understand. Most I am learning does not seem to trust telling anyone where they learned something and you should just believe what they said. I have noted in talking with my grandchildren when asked a difficult question they go to the cellular phones for answers. The something, I have noted in talking to strangers at a carwash. To myself that is not knowing anything as I did not ask their cellular phone a question. Thanks for your help and I will try to find the right place to post and be more selective in topic construction. Thanks, helpful.

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Everything I'm Not Is Everything I am.
104427, not clear how many wheels you want?

: Had 6 wheels on the ground at Costo today and they have q-tips in stock.

D

Deleted member 104427

Elemental
You stated
The information that you are specifically requesting would be best sought after in the VS30 Talk section of the forum,
Okay I did go to the FORUM and clicked on VS30 Sprinter and then clicked on "VS30 TALK" looking under the main title I saw nothing posted telling what VS30 TALK is about as a Book wood make reference to what the topic title is all about a short overview. I'm sorry but I have no idea what a VS30 even is? Please can you explain? I also just did a search on my computer VS30 and ZIP, And did see VS30 USGA, Earthquake, Did find 2019 Mercedez Benz VS30 but nothing about what is meant by VS30? DID find this of interest but nothing about VS30 as yet. A 2019 Sprinter Quick Reference Guide

elemental

Okay I did go to the FORUM and clicked on VS30 Sprinter and then clicked on "VS30 TALK" looking under the main title I saw nothing posted telling what VS30 TALK is about as a Book wood make reference to what the topic title is all about a short overview. I'm sorry but I have no idea what a VS30 even is? Please can you explain? I also just did a search on my computer VS30 and ZIP, And did see VS30 USGA, Earthquake, Did find 2019 Mercedez Benz VS30 but nothing about what is meant by VS30? DID find this of interest but nothing about VS30 as yet. A 2019 Sprinter Quick Reference Guide
As tinman said, "VS30" is the label that Mercedes uses for the current generation (from the year 2019 and up) of the Sprinter vehicle line. Prior labels used were "TN1" (1995-2006), and "NCV3" (2007-2018). Within each generation, the details of the chassis, body, electrical, and drivetrain remain relatively the same from year to year. Between generations, Mercedes makes bigger changes. The forum provides separate discussion areas for topics that are specific to the generations.

The "VS30 Talk" section of the Sprinter-Source.com forum is for general discussion about things that are specific to the VS30 generation of Sprinters. Your first post references a Class B RV that is being built for you based on a 2019 Sprinter 3500 with a 170 inch wheelbase. According to the information you provided, it has an OM642 engine (this is Mercedes 6-cylinder diesel engine for the Sprinter).

You asked how many tires it has; the answer is either 4 or 6, depending upon whether it has a dual-tire rear or what Mercedes calls "Super Singles" (high weight capacity tires that can be fitted to the 3500 series Sprinter). I don't know how to tell which you have, but the RV builder surely has the vehicle sitting in their factory and can tell you. I'm not sure what questions you have about the van in general or the OM642 engine in particular, but Mercedes does put general descriptions up on their website here https://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/home. (Click on the link to go to the website).

If you scroll down on the Mercedes vans website, you will get to a section labeled "Explore our lineup". If you click on the left-hand "Explore Sprinter" button, you will see a page that talks about Sprinters in particular. On that page is a link labeled "Models"; it takes you to a page that shows "Cargo Van", "Crew Van", "Cab Chassis", and "Passenger Van". A Class B RV is probably using the "Cargo Van" as the base vehicle. Click on "See Details" for the different "Cargo Van" models (the 1500, the 2500, the 3500, the 3500 XD, and the 4500). The main difference between the numeric model designations is the payload capacity. Within each payload capacity, multiple options may exist for the wheelbase, roof height, and power plant. If you want to know just about yours, select the 3500 van with the 170" wheelbase and the 6-cylinder diesel power plant.

If you have the VIN for the vehicle that will become yours, there are free websites that have access to the factory build data (options codes) included in that Sprinters' factory build. These codes will not contain details of whatever your RV builder is adding to the vehicle. There is at least one participant in the forum who has his own source of information for the factory build details, and who can sometimes provide forum members with the "datacard" details for a van based on its VIN as well. Here is a link to a forum thread on Datacard information by VIN: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/25620/. Somewhere in the posts is information on the forum member who can sometimes provide Datacard details.

Once you have the Datacard details, you will be left trying to interpret the option codes so that you can understand the configuration and equipment of your van. The best tool for interpreting the option codes is a manual called the "Dealer Ordering Guide". Here is a link to a forum discussion about the 2020 Dealer Ordering Guide: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/76731/. You said you have a 2019; the option codes for the 2020 model year should be virtually identical as they are both the VS30 generation.

WARNING: You may have lots of questions about the details of your van as you delve deeper and deeper into the van specifications, the option codes, etc. The best place for you to ask these specific questions will be in the "VS30 Talk" part of the forum. Just reading through that forum (all of the posts) will give you background information as well. Have fun!

D

Deleted member 104427

DogMan, the VS30 is the current Sprinter chassis. Previous versions were the T1N and NCV3.
Interesting, can I ask you how you know this and or how this comes about each year for newer models?

D

Deleted member 104427

As tinman said, "VS30" is the label that Mercedes uses for the current generation (from the year 2019 and up) of the Sprinter vehicle line. Prior labels used were "TN1" (1995-2006), and "NCV3" (2007-2018). Within each generation, the details of the chassis, body, electrical, and drivetrain remain relatively the same from year to year. Between generations, Mercedes makes bigger changes. The forum provides separate discussion areas for topics that are specific to the generations. REPLY: My first thought is I hope I can respond to all of this as you do have my interest picked. I can somewhat now see the logic to MB thinking on this as they do seem to keep engines and transmission for years with small tweaks. But Elemental this is most helpful thank you. :)

The "VS30 Talk" section of the Sprinter-Source.com forum is for general discussion about things that are specific to the VS30 generation of Sprinters. Your first post references a Class B RV that is being built for you based on a 2019 Sprinter 3500 with a 170-inch wheelbase. According to the information you provided, it has an OM642 engine (this is Mercedes 6-cylinder diesel engine for the Sprinter). REPLY: ALL of this is correct as I have come to learn jumping in and out of websites and charts and feedback from other owners. :)

You asked how many tires it has; the answer is either 4 or 6, depending upon whether it has a dual-tire rear or what Mercedes calls "Super Singles" (high weight capacity tires that can be fitted to the 3500 series Sprinter). I don't know how to tell which you have, but the RV builder surely has the vehicle sitting in their factory and can tell you. I'm not sure what questions you have about the van in general or the OM642 engine in particular, but Mercedes does put general descriptions up on their website here https://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/home. (Click on the link to go to the website).
REPLY: YES, I should be getting a reply back from my email. But I only know what is on the DATA CARD showing 3500, but have no idea as they only state "PANEL". As for the Tires I have three codes and decryptions. R87---Spear wheel, RF1---Make of Tires Continental (10), RH7---Tyres LT 215/85 R16, RMO---All Season Tires and that is all I see on tires.

If you scroll down on the Mercedes vans website, you will get to a section labeled "Explore our lineup". If you click on the left-hand "Explore Sprinter" button, you will see a page that talks about Sprinters in particular. On that page is a link labeled "Models"; it takes you to page that shows "Cargo Van", "Crew Van", "Cab Chassis", and "Passenger Van". A Class B RV is probably using the "Cargo Van" as the base vehicle. Click on "See Details" for the different "Cargo Van" models (the 1500, the 2500, the 3500, the 3500 XD, and the 4500). The main difference between the numeric model designations is the payload capacity. Within each payload capacity, multiple options may exist for the wheelbase, roof height, and power plant. If you want to know just about yours, select the 3500 van with the 170" wheelbase and the 6-cylinder diesel power plant. REPLY: Thanks I will check this out as it looks good and should be a 3500 of some kind not a 4x4.

If you have the VIN for the vehicle that will become yours, there are free websites that have access to the factory build data (options codes) included in that Sprinters' factory build. These codes will not contain details of whatever your RV builder is adding to the vehicle. There is at least one participant in the forum who has his own source of information for the factory build details, and who can sometimes provide forum members with the "datacard" details for a van based on its VIN as well. Here is a link to a forum thread on Datacard information by VIN: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/25620/. Somewhere in the posts is information on the forum member who can sometimes provide Datacard details. REPLY: YES, I have my DATA Card for my unit/Van.

Once you have the Datacard details, you will be left trying to interpret the option codes so that you can understand the configuration and equipment of your van. The best tool for interpreting the option codes is a manual called the "Dealer Ordering Guide". Here is a link to a forum discussion about the 2020 Dealer Ordering Guide: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/76731/. You said you have a 2019; the option codes for the 2020 model year should be virtually identical as they are both the VS30 generation.

WARNING: You may have lots of questions about the details of your van as you delve deeper and deeper into the van specifications, the option codes, etc. The best place for you to ask these specific questions will be in the "VS30 Talk" part of the forum. Just reading through that forum (all of the posts) will give you background information as well. Have fun!
Thank you for your most professional response to my questions. As I am in the VS30 TALK and this is where I thought you were responding. I am also coping with your full text for my records and follow-ups reviews. Thanks again so very much most helpful.
As tinman said, "VS30" is the label that Mercedes uses for the current generation (from the year 2019 and up) of the Sprinter vehicle line. Prior labels used were "TN1" (1995-2006), and "NCV3" (2007-2018). Within each generation, the details of the chassis, body, electrical, and drivetrain remain relatively the same from year to year. Between generations, Mercedes makes bigger changes. The forum provides separate discussion areas for topics that are specific to the generations.

The "VS30 Talk" section of the Sprinter-Source.com forum is for general discussion about things that are specific to the VS30 generation of Sprinters. Your first post references a Class B RV that is being built for you based on a 2019 Sprinter 3500 with a 170 inch wheelbase. According to the information you provided, it has an OM642 engine (this is Mercedes 6-cylinder diesel engine for the Sprinter).

If you scroll down on the Mercedes vans website, you will get to a section labeled "Explore our lineup". If you click on the left-hand "Explore Sprinter" button, you will see a page that talks about Sprinters in particular. On that page is a link labeled "Models"; it takes you to a page that shows "Cargo Van", "Crew Van", "Cab Chassis", and "Passenger Van". A Class B RV is probably using the "Cargo Van" as the base vehicle. Click on "See Details" for the different "Cargo Van" models (the 1500, the 2500, the 3500, the 3500 XD, and the 4500). The main difference between the numeric model designations is the payload capacity. Within each payload capacity, multiple options may exist for the wheelbase, roof height, and power plant. If you want to know just about yours, select the 3500 van with the 170" wheelbase and the 6-cylinder diesel power plant.

If you have the VIN for the vehicle that will become yours, there are free websites that have access to the factory build data (options codes) included in that Sprinters' factory build. These codes will not contain details of whatever your RV builder is adding to the vehicle. There is at least one participant in the forum who has his own source of information for the factory build details, and who can sometimes provide forum members with the "datacard" details for a van based on its VIN as well. Here is a link to a forum thread on Datacard information by VIN: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/25620/. Somewhere in the posts is information on the forum member who can sometimes provide Datacard details.

HOPE YOU read through my many replies to your wonderful and well thought out response. I am still working on part 5. YES I have visited that site many times. But get bogged down trying to find weights, measurements. As the DATA-CARD has no weight references. I can not tell you how helpful all of this feedback has been. Any questions you have of me? as I know you have put a lot of work into doing all of this. Thanks so much. GOOD JOB well done. Thanks DOGMAN

Top Bottom