camping in Byron Bay

Paulmelb

I am driving up to Byron Bay over the Easter weekend for the Byron Bay Bluesfest and I am wondering if anyone has any great ideas where to camp cheaply? We are totally self sufficient in our van but given how strict they are over camping in the streets we are looking for some different options.
Cheers,
Paul

Aussie 2002 4x4

If you are considering caravan parks, then First Sun is right beside the beach and town...have stayed there often. Glen Villa is also good... Close to shops and has a small pool.

Skippy and Emu

I am driving up to Byron Bay over the Easter weekend for the Byron Bay Bluesfest and I am wondering if anyone has any great ideas where to camp cheaply? We are totally self sufficient in our van but given how strict they are over camping in the streets we are looking for some different options.
Cheers,
Paul
The App Wikicamps, is my first port of call when looking for a safe campsite. ( I am also self contained, and prefer the free, or donation type of campsites ).
Personally, Byron Bay is a destination that I would normally avoid. ( just my Grey Nomad opinion )
If you really need to be that close to the action, then my choice would be stealth camping, in a back street, away from the beachfront.

kayakkingoz

The App Wikicamps, is my first port of call when looking for a safe campsite. ( I am also self contained, and prefer the free, or donation type of campsites ).
Personally, Byron Bay is a destination that I would normally avoid. ( just my Grey Nomad opinion )
If you really need to be that close to the action, then my choice would be stealth camping, in a back street, away from the beachfront.
The problem with Byron though is that every 2nd backpackers van, wagon or whatever, does just that. The small beachside suburbs all the way up the coast suffer from carpark & street side campers. But every single backpacker that goes up the east coast stops in Byron
Find a vacant holiday rental , pull into the driveway after dark, get out early :idunno: Easter may be an issue with vacancies though.
Or, Get out of town a bit

Last edited:

HotWired

Bicentennial Park is day use only ie no camping or o/night stays.

12 mth since I was there but wikicamps says this is still the case.

jaahn

Hi :smilewink:
I guess this thread is redundant now. It is now not legal to travel and to do anything like this currently. AND I agree with the restrictions too. The virus does not travel on its own, only by being carried by a human travelling.
Enjoy your quiet Easter AT HOME ! :thumbup:
Jaahn

Bellapaca

Its a crook old long weekend, I guess it could be a lot worse. The fridge is full and we've got loo paper, we cant bitch lol.

Happy Easter Y'all,

Attachments

Top Bottom