2 inverters?

warx

Would be cool if these battery inverters could sync in the same way two generator inverters do. i.e. the second one that gets connected (slave) detects the phase and syncs to it. If they can do it $600 generators it can't be a tough technology.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Would be cool if these battery inverters could sync in the same way two generator inverters do. i.e. the second one that gets connected (slave) detects the phase and syncs to it. If they can do it $600 generators it can't be a tough technology.
I can stack or sync my Xantrex Freedom SW3012 inverter.

http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/inverter-chargers/freedom-sw-12v_newgen.aspx

http://www.xantrex.com/documents/In...26-01-01_Rev-A(Freedom SW Stacking Guide).pdf

Last edited:

Kevin.Hutch

2011 Mercedes 313 906

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Surely that is with another identical inverter not just any other inverter of any size or modified sine.

His dream would be to have a low powered, low cost, low idle drain inverter in parallel with a big one or there seems no point.
You assume.... I did not.

warx

There's a lot of chat about mixing generators in sync - I've tried a few different brands and sizes. They all work. It's basically just sensing the 50/60hz and doing it's own sine wave timed with that. The more complicated thing with generators is balancing load as the motor side needs to be adjusted with load. This is done by voltage sensing and this is where the brands can differentiate. i.e. one that senses a need for more input at a lower voltage is going to take the lions share of the load. I suspect this might be less of an issue when the supply side is 12/24V batteries. Would a 2000W and 300W give you capacity of 2300W? Unlikely but two same brand 1500W might be close to 3000W.

[Honda generators run a little higher voltage so take a higher unbalanced load when paired with other brands - then total capacity is limited by when the first generator trips, followed immediately by the other side when it suddenly bears the full load itself]

Top Bottom