2019 4x4 out the door!

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Finished up this gem. Headed to California as a rental van!
2019 144 4x4
Our in house built aluminum furniture
Powder coated aluminum
Laminate covered cabinet grade wood for cladding
Dometic sink/stove
5gal fresh/grey
160 watts of solar
Espar d2l
Flarespace flares
Am auto slider widow
Bedslide in the rear
Method wheels
Fiamma awning
Queen size bed
Tern overland window
Adventure wagon RUV kit
Luxury vinyl plank flooring
Custom 3/4” wood floor
Dometic CFX50
Goal zero yeti 3000
Factory swivels
Factory rear windows
Maxxair fans
Hushmat
3m thinsulate

Less than two month build time
ev4-24 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-22 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-23 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-20 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-21 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-19 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-17 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-18 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-16 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-14 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-15 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-13 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-10 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-12 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-11 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-8 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-9 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-7 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-6 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-5 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-4 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
ev4-3 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

VanGoSki

Looks awesome, Grant. Just curious what you mean by a rental-van. The new owner is going to rent it out? If so, I may want to rent it!

zither99

Grant,
Couple of questions...

1. With all that battery capacity, why not use an induction cooktop instead of gas? (Gas is pretty great overall)
2. Does the Goal Zero also get charged by the alternator (like factory AUX battery)
3. Besides the Fridge, Espar, and lights what else is the battery capacity used for?

I'm building a van out of a 144" and wanted to get your input on these. I had the same water setup in my previous build and it's not too bad for a weekender type of van.

Thanks!
Karl

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Grant,
Couple of questions...

1. With all that battery capacity, why not use an induction cooktop instead of gas? (Gas is pretty great overall)
2. Does the Goal Zero also get charged by the alternator (like factory AUX battery)
3. Besides the Fridge, Espar, and lights what else is the battery capacity used for?

I'm building a van out of a 144" and wanted to get your input on these. I had the same water setup in my previous build and it's not too bad for a weekender type of van.

Thanks!
Karl
1.I dont suggest the goal zero be used with an induction cooktop. it really isnt all that much power really. its a 10.x v battery stepped up to 12.x. Its great for small to mid power usage but nothing more than that

2.It does! We use the Link module to charge at about 50-60 amps

3. Thats about it. and fans. Plus normal charging of stuff. Espar is actually ran off the factory battery with a victron smart battery protect to prevent over discharge

ZUNS

Nice BED SLIDE Sliding cargo bed. I am doing the same in my next build what size is that? 48X65? as in ford 150 5'7" box model?

vs30

3. Thats about it. and fans. Plus normal charging of stuff. Espar is actually ran off the factory battery with a victron smart battery protect to prevent over discharge
Hi - this is my first post on Sprinter-Source! Very excited to join the community. Quick question re: the above. I've researched a lot high level but now i'm getting into the details. I'm not aware of the pros/cons of this arrangement (Espar heater run off of factory starter battery). Would you be able to point me to some reference material and/or explain? I'm starting my build (same platform) now. Thx in advance! - Andy

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Hi - this is my first post on Sprinter-Source! Very excited to join the community. Quick question re: the above. I've researched a lot high level but now i'm getting into the details. I'm not aware of the pros/cons of this arrangement (Espar heater run off of factory starter battery). Would you be able to point me to some reference material and/or explain? I'm starting my build (same platform) now. Thx in advance! - Andy
its a goal zero thing. have to

warx

@grantwilson, May I ask how the wall panel and trim ring around the window behind the kitchen is made? I have an AM Auto slider there too. Does this interfere with any magnetic window covering?

Top Bottom