Advanced RV

seniorone

2019 4WD 144 WB Advanced RV
I put a down payment on a 2019 4wd 144 in November 2018. I have not been given a delivery date as yet. Does anyone have any knowledge of when or if these vehicles will be delivered.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
Advanced RV’s are not sold through dealers. You buy from the factory in Ohio.
Did you make a down payment to Advanced RV?

I'm really confused by your initial post on this thread in the Advanced RV sub-forum. If you made a down payment to Advanced RV, it is just a deposit to start the design process. Then you work with the ARV staff to design your build. After the design is agreed you get the full cost and an estimated completion date.

... or are you just trolling in this sub-forum looking for reactions?

seniorone

Design process does not start until they have received the vehicle or a delivery date, hence my question.

Arloshmarlo

When I submitted my deposit to ARV in February I was told that the lag between deposit and delivery was about one year. I’m not sure why you are asking for input here rather than directly from ARV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seniorone

I asked ARV and they can't supply a date. Why wouldn't I ask the question here? This is a forum of people interested in are who have already purchased the vehicle. If there is any group in the US with real knowledge it should be here.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
I asked ARV and they can't supply a date. Why wouldn't I ask the question here? This is a forum of people interested in are who have already purchased the vehicle. If there is any group in the US with real knowledge it should be here.
Currently, getting a 2019 4x4 in the USA is nearly as elusive as the unicorn. My understanding is that there are being imported from Germany and not made in USA yet, allocations are slow......

Boxster1971

Currently, getting a 2019 4x4 in the USA is nearly as elusive as the unicorn. My understanding is that there are being imported from Germany and not made in USA yet, allocations are slow......
I agree with Orion - 2019 4x4 is why ARV can't give you an answer on delivery date. Even Sportsmobile can't predict 4x4 deliveries. They have a big notice on their home page says they

"Notice: Limited conversion production slots are now available due to Mercedes-Benz 4x4 Sprinter production delays. If you own a van and would like to have it converted or a penthouse top installed please contact Sportsmobile for more info. [Contact Us]"

https://sportsmobile.com

Boxster1971

Design process does not start until they have received the vehicle or a delivery date, hence my question.
They must have changed their approach as all their published information indicates they start design work once you make a deposit. How big was your deposit? Their video on the process says the initial deposit is $35,000. Giving them $35,000 to just sit and wait for a delivery/date would be frustrating.

https://advanced-rv.com/path-to-delivery/

"Step 2.

Once your deposit is received, we will configure your custom chassis (color and options) with you and order it from Mercedes-Benz. After your chassis is ordered, we will start working with you to finalize configuration of the rest of your custom RV. When the configuration details are finalized, usually about one month after we order your chassis, we will provide you drawings and a firm price."

Perhaps because of delivery uncertainties with 2019 Sprinters. Hopefully Mercedes/Daimler will get their Sprinter deliveries on track. I have been thinking of making a deposit next Spring to get a new van in about a year in 2021.

In the mean time I'll keep traveling in my Airstream Interstate.

Last edited:

Davydd

I will know more at the end of the week at Advanced Fest. At this time it is only speculation and heresay to comment.

Davydd

Good Day. Did you get any insights at the Advanced Fest re delivery?
They expected their first deliveries in July on the current orders by customers at the time (early May). However, they must have some 2019s because they delivered their first 144 this week. All they had at the Fest was a dealer loaned 2019 so everyone could see it and the ARV people to study it. I ordered ours after Advanced Fest but haven't heard anything about a delivery date.

Top Bottom