Auction watch

Sockeye770

As a keen Auction watcher, I thought this new thread would be good to share used Sprinters of interest, mostly ex ambo's coming onto the secondhand market and share the good and bad points of each Sprinter. Note, the web links will usually last less than 7 days.

Sockeye770

https://www.manheim.com.au/passenge...18-cdi-lwb-2d-lcv?referringPage=SearchResults

2008 418 LWB high roof 342,951 Km

Fairly high Km vic whale carrier ex ambo

Bad points.

Was at yesterday's auction but obviously didn't sell.
Appears to be an ETT build (from the ambo consul) and been gutted out, so electrical's most likely to be a nightmare.

Good points.

Was at yesterday's auction but obviously didn't sell. So should be able to haggle a low price at next auction.
Its a LWB factory high roof 4 ton van. For a camper conversion, I can stand up in the back without crouching and fit a lot more accessories.
If the rear tail gate still works, or easily made working, it would make a great patio for a camper conversion. Just think of the envy at a crappy ground campsite.

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
That whale carrier looks pretty good. Its SuSi too no? That platform at the back would be epic for camping.
How much do you think you could get it for?

Sockeye770

That whale carrier looks pretty good. Its SuSi too no? That platform at the back would be epic for camping.
How much do you think you could get it for?
I can only guess at below $20k, probably because of the 15-16K price, as for the other ex ambos.
The seller, in this case, will have a reserve price. At this auction, only the winning bidder will be told the reserve price if their winning bid is under the reserve price.

I would not buy an ex ambo at the auctions without a prior inspection.

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Thats an exambo. Strange that the km are so low. Looks like a good buy.

blfmtriv

living in the Top End NT
i,ve been watching the last 2 weeks with Manheim, they seem to have most of the fleet sales, i,m thinking that if i have to buy a replacement i would look at the v6, but not sure as there,s not a lot of info on them,

greys is good, because if you miss the auction, you can still see the sale price, but Manheim is impossible to do that.

andrew

Sockeye770

https://www.manheim.com.au/passenge...16-cdi-mwb-6d-lcv?referringPage=SearchResults

Nice fully loaded 2010 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 316 CDI MWB 6D LCV 4x4 133,328 km. Mader built Vic country spec. Nokian tyres indicates probable ex ski field ambo. Good chance everything works. Rego to 10/2019, may need 2 replacement front side indicators for RWC. Nice rear step. Non factory rear aircon (don't know if this is good or bad)

In my opinion, you may never find another one like this. If I wanted a 4x4 ex ambo, this would be it, but the higher ride height is unsuitable for myself.

Last edited:

Ozzienomad

I have spent some horrible moments in ambos due to various accidents so I am avoiding them now. My van was a community transport bus so it came with 10 seats and wc lift. Getting rid of the lift and extra seats has made me some money. Got mine from Pickles Auction in Townsville. Paid $17750 plus on road costs. Saw a twin of my van at car yard in Townsville and they were asking $32000!

Sockeye770

https://www.manheim.com.au/passenge...15-cdi-mwb-3d-lcv?referringPage=SearchResults

2008 315 exambo (and also probable ex courier) 389,688 Km's.

Good points.

Nice tidy looking van with plastic roo bar.
Nice rear step.
Engine still runs.

Bad points.

Its an 315 with 389,688 Km's on the clock.
Rear aircon is aftermarket and will not be operational due to missing ETT ambo ECU.
Drivers seat appears to be worn out.
Cheap mismatched tyres with worn drivers side rear.
Possible electrical problems due to being a gutted out ambo, although last owner may have fixed such possible problems.
Front Dr Mirror indicator broken.
Comes with Ford Transit owners manual.

PS, I posted this one, not as a joke, but more of a reality check.

jaahn

PeterInSa

But is it a 315? If Not a great Price, especially if you need the wheel chair lift, that probably cost nearly $10K to fit.

Top Bottom