Low beam / headlight bulb

shanemac

This may be redundant information but anyway i managed to find some low beam headlight bulbs of all places at my local dealer i was shocked they had some.:doh: Very easy bulbs to change out some decent thought put into that from the germans.:thumbup:

bulb number L0000000H7

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
are you sitting down? I hope the 'Stealer' was generous.

The bulbs in our vans are STD. Series.Osram/Sylvania H7 lamps (written on the rim). Available at every automotive parts store and Crappytire.

FYI (from a previous posting of mine):

Sylvania H7 lamps have the lowest hour rate on the market. Go to their site and see the numbers for the 4 series... http://www.sylvaniaautocatalog.com/s...&FigNumber=125

The std's in our van won't last more(rated) than 270hrs. I went through 2 set in year 1, then I upgraded to the SS series(set 3) and never made it from Pheonix to Miami and back to El Paso without burning out both within 4 hrs of each other. (I have Daytime Running Lamps).

I have Wagners branded now, installed in late March and still running to today.

shanemac

In fact i checked crappy tire...nothin...napa...nothin checked one other parts counter nothin...dealer was my last visit. Its getting dark early hear now i need headlights no matter the cost :hmmm:
The joys or living in a small northern city:frown:

Thanks for the heads up...btw my original bulbs almost got 12 months out of them...a eternity for a sprinter van:clapping:

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
In fact i checked crappy tire...nothin...napa...nothin checked one other parts counter nothin...dealer was my last visit. Its getting dark early hear now i need headlights no matter the cost :hmmm:

Thanks for the heads up...btw my original bulbs almost got 12 months out of them...a eternity for a sprinter van:clapping:
must be the cold! I burned 2 sets in the desert and Slimami...

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite

4 years still going strong, must be Argentinian:smilewink:
Richard

djc126

Hi. A good place to go is the MB dealer as they sell the long life bulbs (LL in the p/n. eg. H7LL) and should last around 900 hours.
These you usually cannot buy in the stores. Only $12 in Saskatoon.

H3 bulbs for the high beams are cheap as Princess Auto.

Some of the other bulbs you can go to Cdn Tire and buy the longlife versions (last 4x as long). I got some for the sidemarkers and brake lights.

Regards,

JY Appliance

My van came from dealer with day time running lights. Its a service truck, stop start on off all day. I was going through head light bulbs every 2 months. Heat the bulb cool it over and over. Tryed all brands auto parts stores in NJ. $14. ea to $25. each. I bought a bunch on Ebay less than $4.00 each China... Last just as long as sulvanya's .Then I got a Starscan tool $2500.00 on E bay and I shut off the day time lamps.
Got the starscan for oil change reset and check eng lite codes etc. I was getting tired of the dealer. It was just a plus that I could shut off the lights. Now I have to remember to turn the lights on.

Top Bottom