adding generator

rvdriverca

I want to install a diesel generator under my Pleasureway 2006 158”wb. Sprinter motor home. There is a bracket for a generator is already installed, behind the rear axle. What I need to know, and hope fully, that somebody can tell me where to, and how to, connect to the fuel supply and return lines. This generator does not come with a fuel lift pump, but I can add one if needed . Thanks in advance

FredSheldon

I haven't run across any Sprinter RV conversions yet that don't use LP Gas rather then the vehicle fuel. Be nice if I could convert my Airstream from LP so I don't have to fill up as often. :(

rvdriverca

I guess I did not post my question properly. I’m getting a small standby diesel generator for my sprinter, for one I can leave the fuel tank that comes with on the generator and carry it in the trailer hitch receiver. Or I can remove the fuel tank and mount the generator underneath the Sprinter on the hanger made by Pleasureway. With the fuel pump for the engine now in the fuel tank and there is only flow of fuel when the engine is running, (I think) how do I now connect this generator to the Sprinter fuel tank, and still get fuel, with the engine running or not, or is it not possible.

What Next

It would be nice to have a diesel generator but, is it small enough to fit and will it run the air conditioning? Is it quiet, the propane one being right under rear floor puts up quite a HUMMM?
You would have to put in another fuel line from tank which should be 1/4 way up tank so you would always have enough fuel left in vehicle to get to service station.
good luck

BMA

It would be nice to have a diesel generator but, is it small enough to fit and will it run the air conditioning? Is it quiet, the propane one being right under rear floor puts up quite a HUMMM?
You would have to put in another fuel line from tank which should be 1/4 way up tank so you would always have enough fuel left in vehicle to get to service station.
good luck
A friend's RV, all diesel, has a separate tank for the generator. This way he can fill that tank with off road diesel where available. I'd expect I'd do this when I do my conversion. PS, many truck stops have an off road diesel pump for filling the tanks of refrigerator units.

Top Bottom