Rain sensor

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
we had the first day of rain here since nearly a month"yea Ireland no rain hard to believe" while i was driving today with light rain my wipers were going at fast speed most of the time, i was wondering if the sensor can be adjusted and where is the sensor is it the whole screen and when it gets wet the impedance changes :thinking: or is any tinkering to be done by the ecu?

max.........

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
No rain today just snow down under light drizzle and soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cold my baby wants a cuddle.
But what's wrong with intermediate wipers same thing ! just the occasional wipe ?
Richard

cajundjb

we had the first day of rain here since nearly a month"yea Ireland no rain hard to believe" while i was driving today with light rain my wipers were going at fast speed most of the time, i was wondering if the sensor can be adjusted and where is the sensor is it the whole screen and when it gets wet the impedance changes :thinking: or is any tinkering to be done by the ecu?

max.........
Max, I don't know if this would help but it may be a cheap alternative if you can find it local.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=wiper+delay

BULBASOR

Rain?

It's 75 over here with a slight breeze off the Pacific ocean and sunny. I started cleaning the 2500 miles of bugs off BULBASORS nose from our Idaho trip but I got bored and put him back in his corrall (I'll clean him up manana).

Laying in the hammock outside lookin at the sun set in the ocean with an umbrella in my drink (guess I'll snooze now).:snore:

maxextz

thanks cajundjb i had a look at that device didnt get a good write up though:rolleyes:, anyway "explanation for richard"with the rain sensor it is supposed to adjust the speed and frequency of the wiping motion what happens with mine is with small drops instead of the occasional wipe it was going top speed and didnt seem to be able to see how much it was raining,hence the question does anybody know of a way to adjust it?

max....

twistyroad

thanks cajundjb i had a look at that device didnt get a good write up though:rolleyes:, anyway "explanation for richard"with the rain sensor it is supposed to adjust the speed and frequency of the wiping motion what happens with mine is with small drops instead of the occasional wipe it was going top speed and didnt seem to be able to see how much it was raining,hence the question does anybody know of a way to adjust it?
max....
I don't know about your T1N, Max, but on my NCV3, there are "wiper sensitivity" settings in a menu accessible via the instrument cluster and steering wheel buttons.

Wow.....a rain sensor? My only rain sensor is when my wife blurts out, "When exactly do you plan to hit those wipers again. I can't believe you can see anything through all that." AP

maxextz

vic i love your sense of humour:lol: you must have some irish blood in you:hmmm: thanks twistyroad i reckon there is possibly a setting in the ecu or even the sensor control box.:rolleyes:

max........

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hey Max , was just playing with you :tongue: seriously it's an easy mod even been patented 4665488 A control for separately,potentially interfering with the wiper blade, include this device.
Includes on-chipping,CPU,RAM,ROM, clock timer, and converter
Synch your wiper.:professor:
clockworx orange (Custom).gif
Richard

maxextz

thanks richard, the problem really is what the sensor is seeing as heavy or light rain, also because the switch without rain sensor works with an intermittent and 2 speeds but with mine i dont have a true intermittent wipe only the what the sensor sees as varying windscreen resistance so the question really is can the controller sensitivity be adjusted?

max......

Top Bottom