2016 4WD 144" Sprinter Campervan Pop Top Weekender, San Diego, CA

slamit

www.cacampervan.com
New Conversion just completed. All the goodies but NO kitchenette, designed to transport family of 5 and sleep 4 very easily. (replace the SUV or your large truck with this)

For full description and pictures:

http://www.cacampervan.com/copy-of-for-sale

Pics

https://goo.gl/photos/ZAXyJvUuVS9rx79k9

Some of the features of this particular build:

Custom Captain Chair Seating for 3-all of of which are removable and slide forward/back on tracks
Colorado Campervan Pop Top (fully insulated, sound proofed, and color matched)
225 Ah Aux deep cell AGM battery system in custom tray in engine bay (superior to factory system)
Renogy 200w Solar
Fantastic Fan
Yakama Roof Rack System
Fully Insulated and Sound Proofed with Dynamat and 3M Thinsulate Automotive Specific Insulation
LED lighting throughout van
Custom 3 panel bed with cubbies (fully removable)
BFG All Terrain Tires (big upgrade for traction)
Aluminess Nerf Bar and Light Bar
LED Front Light
High End Audio System tied into the factory radio for stealth. (Morel Speakers and 10" subwoofer)
Factory Nav and blue tooth
Cruise and wheel controls
Factory Back up Camera
Factory Tow Package
USB outlets
12V outlets
Custom Flooring with MLV sound dampening throughout floor and wheel wells
Custom Interior
CR Laurence Vented windows through out van
SportsCraft Swivel Seats
Espar D2 Heater tied into gas tank for warm nights-runs w/o engine on
CO2 alarm
~6000 miles on van

$110,000

Please serious Inquires only for those looking specifically for this set up. Contact info through website.

If you have done research you know how hard it is to get one of these done and how expensive it is, let alone find one that is turn key. Those familiar with my builds know how nice they are. Done right. There is no pressure to sell. Price if firm I have turned down 100k offers ...can always build one for less if you want to wait and do the work. :smirk: The buyer for this van is someone who wants to drive/buy and doesn't want to go through the hassle of a build and wants to see what they are buying before they buy. Never been off road. Its new. Miles are from driving it around getting everything done, so you can understand it isn't easy getting a build done...lots of time and $. Haven't even camped out of it yet.

Boathik

Tinkerer extraordinaire
Are those sliding rear seats available for sale?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

slamit

www.cacampervan.com
It can be added. No offense, but build a van with a professional builder, you will easily see how expensive a build gets and understand why this is a 100k van... Simple kitchenette easily can be added I designed the seating to be fully adjustable, this van is way more trick than what the pictures show. I see builds with way less for way more than this on a 4WD, even 2WD's. This is a weekender first not a camper only, its meant to take place of a SUV or Truck as a daily driver and haul a family...and do camping duties part time. A 2-5k kitchenette is easily added on, but why? They just take up to much space in a 144".

EndOfTheEarthVans

It can be added. No offense, but build a van with a professional builder, you will easily see how expensive a build gets and understand why this is a 100k van... Simple kitchenette easily can be added I designed the seating to be fully adjustable, this van is way more trick than what the pictures show. I see builds with way less for way more than this on a 4WD, even 2WD's. This is a weekender first not a camper only, its meant to take place of a SUV or Truck as a daily driver and haul a family...and do camping duties part time. A 2-5k kitchenette is easily added on, but why? They just take up to much space in a 144".
Agree wholeheartedly. Kitchens are great in a bus or travel trailer. In a 144? Not so much. Nice looking trucks you're building, neighbor.

destructo

Apologies as I was not trying to crap on your ad or debate the merits of a kitchenette in a conversion. I personally do not like cooking indoors short of maybe some coffee while I'm on the road. I am more amazed that what you've done here could command a 40K premium over the sticker price of a new van (assuming they were available). I pay very close attention to the market, CL, here, expo Portal and have seen quite a few 6 figure 4x4 conversions from small or relatively unknown builders come up for sale over the last year. I have also had the privilege of getting inside a Sportsmobile build which while not what I would want, wasn't priced too far from this one. If you're able to put these builds together and get such a premium then kudos to you sir. GLWS.

Last edited:

slamit

www.cacampervan.com
Apologies as I was not trying to crap on your ad or debate the merits of a kitchenette in a conversion. I personally do not like cooking indoors short of maybe some coffee while I'm on the road. I am more amazed that what you've done here could command a 40K premium over the sticker price of a new van (assuming they were available). I pay very close attention to the market, CL, here, expo Portal and have seen quite a few 6 figure 4x4 conversions from small or relatively unknown builders come up for sale over the last year. I have also had the privilege of getting inside a Sportsmobile build which while not what I would want, wasn't priced too far from this one. If you're able to put these builds together and get such a premium then kudos to you sir. GLWS.
Destructo - Kinda are without what seems to be the experience to back it up? I can back it up. As usual in the classifieds way off topic so I gotta address your comment.

600+ man hours in the build, 6-9 months to completion/carrying costs, $30k in parts (yes I can show the receipts), never been used. Also come and look at the van and understand it not slapped together, things are done correctly the right and safe way. Do the math. Build a van and then you can ask how can you put 40k in a van. There is way more than what you see on the surface in photos. (like the fact there is a $2000 stereo, $1600 in insulation, $1200 just in electrical cabling... If you are a car guy who has built cars like I have or a home builder or craftsman you understand this I am sure. If a person can afford a new Sprinter, likely they are not making $20 an hour nor have much free time as they are working like a mad man/women making a living for their family and just want to enjoy their free time outdoors, so the argument that time is cheap doesn't apply to someone buying 40-60k van. That is a ton of money for a car...and likely they are not in the lower income bracket with IRS. You can absolutely do this same build for less, do this all the time...just remove most of the 600 hours of labor and simplify and you can easily have a simple build with the same layout for 80k...just not with all the extras. We do this all the time, add a top, a few windows, fan...same van layout for the most part...and 80k or less including the van.

Last edited:

JFloFoto

Slamit is absolutely correct. I have sourced everything and been keeping precise records of everything going into my build. It is not extravagant and I'm at $114k right now with a bit more to go.

sprinterPaul

Slamit is absolutely correct. I have sourced everything and been keeping precise records of everything going into my build. It is not extravagant and I'm at $114k right now with a bit more to go.

I avoid keeping precise records simply because it is less painful.

But the labor cost on building vans is huge.

Clearly you gain some efficiency the more you do. But reality is it's a time suck. The price reflects that.

And Slammit is building vans to make a profit. There's a market for it.

Look at OSV. And their wait list.

Top Bottom