Power Sliding Door

johnshmit

Found the manufacturer of a power door kits.
They offer two types:
Cable - almost invisible and fast, medium duty, installation is little harder.
rack and pinion - heavy duty, 300+ cycles a day, designed for a shuttle bus, 2.5h to install

Cost is about $300.
If anybody interested, I will get more info, shipping quotes, video, pictures, translate manual....

Raise your hands.

johnshmit

I'm interested in one for the Fiat Ducato. Thanks.
I met the guy in San Diego today. He brought 5 of them over. Don't know the difference between Sprinter and Ram yet, but he has direct contact with the manufacturer and you can actually see and touch those things maybe. He should send me his contact info soon.

Last edited:

CheckMax

Thanks. Looks interesting.
Are these made in Kazakhstan?
Is there a safety feature to prevent little hands from being pinched?

jostalli

I met the guy in San Diego today. He brought 5 of them over. Don't know the difference between Sprinter and Ram yes, but he has direct contact with the manufacturer and you can actually see and touch those things maybe. He should send me his contact info soon.
I'm also in San Diego. I expect the Ducato/Boxer/Jumper will work for my Promaster.

Did you buy one? It looks rather simple to install. I'm in.

johnshmit

Yeah, pretty darn interesting, especially for the price. Who's going first?

I'm moving toward this in a little steps :drool:
Have to decide cable vs rack&pinion
Cable requires some holes and maintenance, but fast and invisible. Promised 500,000 cycles.
Rack takes 2 hours to install and just a few little holes, but about 12" of the door opening lost.

There is no established way to ship them here, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Terrapin

Thank you for bringing this to our attention johnshmit. Sign me up. If I could buy either model for $300.00, I'd click the "buy now" button right now! I don't speak Russian. If anybody figures out a way to click the buy now button, I hope you will let us know. :cheers:

4wheels

I contacted them . There is no but it now button. They do not take PayPal . Western union only . Should I try and risk?

Top Bottom