Building my Adventure Van (2011 NCV3)

pedalingnowhere

I spent about 5 hours on this thread... awesome! I am trying to do a 'quick' conversion and was wondering if you'd be willing to share a detailed list of your electrical system (batteries, inverter, charge controller, etc.)?

Thanks!

Geek

This might in fact be the PERFECT vehicle color.
It actually looks better with mud on it! :lol:

A month ago we didn't own a shovel and now we're ready for The Snowpocolypse :rolleyes:

.mobile

pfflyer

Nice Honda. I miss my Rincon. If it handles snow like it does mud, hills and rock crawling it will make a good snow plow.

Geek

Yup.. there's the odd nick from running into trees/bushes/etc

Nothing I'm worried about fixing yet. :cheers:

Badroadcamper

Precision engineer
Nice colour, you found for your sprinter.

I´m considering what colour mine shall have. It shall certainly not stay white, though it is very practical when travelling in warm climates.

I have first been thinking of painting it navy grey, but recently I have thought of painting it a light olive colour. Not too dark and not too army looking, but a warm enough colour to fit into nature.

I like yours very much, and you are right; it looks good with mud on:), but I think it will be to dark for travelling southern France in summertime. So maybe a couple of tones lighter.
Is there an official colour code for your colour?

The colour of the one, on the attached picture is also a possibility.

Attachments

sunnyside

Those tabs are push clips holding the trim panel in place. Geeks van does not have windows in the rear doors.

Last edited:

Geek

Have been getting lots done but haven't had time to update the thread.
Hopefully after we get back from a week on Padre Island camping in the Sprinter I can get this thread caught up.

I re-arranged my interior. There is now a removable kitchen island that is self contained with fridge/sink/stove all in the cabinet. I hope to have the cabinet more finished tomorrow. It comes out with 4 bolts.

With the cabinet removed:

The fridge is built into the cabinet. The mounting takes advantage of the fridge's mount points:

Happy holidays everyone! :cheers:

Last edited:

Alex

"we get back from a week on Padre Island camping in the Sprinter"
Hi I'm going next week to the same place with my rig
Could you tell me the best place to stay there ?

Geek

Unfortunately I have no suggestions - we can't stand campgrounds.
We are going to be offgrid camping on the beach. :cheers:

Some more random pics that I'll fill in details later:

Orange Trim:

more orange trim:

Last edited:

Zyzzyx

Geek:

I read through nearly all of your thread over at ADVrider, but didn't finish it. I like the new look, but no more fold-down tray for use with the door open? I rather like the looks of that setup. Did it not work out well in day to day use?

Geek

On the contrary! The fold down tray is awesome.. used it constantly.

I'll be putting one on this cabinet as well as well as a second one that folds down for the passenger seat when facing rearward.
I just don't have time to do it before we head out on vacation.

I'll do it after we get back.

:cheers:

Top Bottom