Solar panel mounting

drk303

Looking to mount 100A solar panel on our 2015 Winnebago Era Sprinter. It seems there are many options: Mounting with Z mounts, Sikafles 252, 3M VHB tape and roof rack. Looking for input.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
Just depends on needs of your location on the roof. I put 400 watts on my Airstream Interstate, which came with Mercedes installed roof rails. That made it easy to use Rhino-Rack legs and cross bars. They worked for me because I needed to get the panels high enough to clear the bathroom vent fan. I got all the solar parts fro AM Solar and the Rhino-Racks for e-trailer.com

For one panel on you ERA using the AM Solar mounts with 3M VHB tape is the simplest solution.

Attachments

ehallspqr

We had AM Solar install our system. They just used 3M VHB tape to hold the brackets on and seal over the bracket foot with dicor. Bullet proof they claim. I agree with Boxster1971, if you have the factory rails there are panel mounting kits available that utilize those rails and no holes drilled.

BTW Nice solar install on your AirStream.

hein

Van Guru
If you have roof rails then you can use our brackets and some 48" long 80/20 crossbars. You could conceivably go with a larger panel or two panels side by side. It seems most Sprinter solar installations are in excess of 200 watts.

drk303

If you have roof rails then you can use our brackets and some 48" long 80/20 crossbars. You could conceivably go with a larger panel or two panels side by side. It seems most Sprinter solar installations are in excess of 200 watts.
Thanks! Do you have a rack with mounts to work on the rail track for my 2015 3500 sprinter?

drk303

Thanks! Do you have mounts and cross bars that will work on our 2015 sprinter 3500 with factory rail tracks?

drk303

Hein My Winnebago Era has the Electric awing that sits above the factory rail so do you know if your he brackets will work and fit under awing? If what is the cost for the brackets and cross bars? How do I order from you? I am very new to this forum and don't see how to get your email and payment. Help.

hein

Van Guru
If your awning is like the picture above then I think they should fit. I can email a template or ship an actual bracket for you to try. Check your Inbox.

Top Bottom