Newbie question

• Thread starter MerlinTheTraderRVer
  • Start date
M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

It looks like that I'm dropping LTV to go with Coach House but I still need to know if they are flexible enough to add or remove this and that.

If they like doing modifications then I'm in, I might even bring 2-3 orders with me on top of that when I go there with some friends who also are looking for a new RV.

Here's a basic question for you.

I think that the Onan generator now takes its fuel from the propane gas tank but do you think it would be possible to go with a diesel generator so that the generator would take its fuel from the diesel gas tank instead so that I can remove the whole propane tank and assembly and replace it with 4-6 lithium-ion batteries, a 3000W inverter and induction cooktop like they do on the Roadtrek E-trek and show here in this screenshot taken form their website?

Anyone going to Coach House HQ soon and ask them this?

Then again, I can always send them and email and I probably will. :smirk:

Merlin

Attachments

MotorCity57

I'll print this out and take it along Monday.
Better yet, I'll ask them to have someone monitor this board and answer these kinds of questions directly. I think every RV maker should do that - it makes for great customer service.
John

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

I'll print this out and take it along Monday.
Alright thanks.

Better yet, I'll ask them to have someone monitor this board and answer these kinds of questions directly. I think every RV maker should do that - it makes for great customer service.
John
Yeah god idea, especially Coach House which seems to have the best Sprinter Floor Plans I have seen yet and I have been looking A LOT recently.

Merlin

pgustaf249

Alright thanks.

Yeah god idea, especially Coach House which seems to have the best Sprinter Floor Plans I have seen yet and I have been looking A LOT recently.

Merlin
Yes, as a some-day-in-the-future owner, I think Coach House has the best floor plans. The TV location leaves something to be desired, but everything else seems to be ideal from my perspective.

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

The TV location leaves something to be desired, but everything else seems to be ideal from my perspective.
Yeah me too. :laughing:

I would prefer a nice skylight rather than a TV like here on the Navion 24V and maybe put the TV near the sink like they did here... see screenshots below.

Merlin

Attachments

pgustaf249

Yeah me too. :laughing:

I would prefer a nice skylight rather than a TV like here on the Navion 24V and maybe put the TV near the sink like they did here... see screenshots below.

Merlin
From what few photos of the 240 DQ and 241 DQ (the plans I'm looking at) it doesn't appear to be enough room in the same relative spot for a TV, but if they could somehow figure to get it on that wall somewhere, that would be nice. In another thread someone suggested a projection tv shooting rearward toward a drop down screen from the ceiling.

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

From what few photos of the 240 DQ and 241 DQ (the plans I'm looking at) it doesn't appear to be enough room in the same relative spot for a TV,
As for me, I almost never watch live TV, I download the next day or at the end of the week all the shows I like and watch them when I find the time on my PC screen that I can put on the dinette table so I couldn't care less about where or if they put a TV in my RV although I was thinking lately that this big TV could be used as a touchscreen PC monitor where you can open it and see Windows 8, open softwares and see stock charts on this big screen and play with it as they show here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYBp5SJPeeY

I'm more concerned about transforming that big satellite dish or antenna into a WIFI antenna signal booster but that's another discussion here.

Merlin

Last edited:

chromisdesigns

It looks like that I'm dropping LTV to go with Coach House but I still need to know if they are flexible enough to add or remove this and that.

If they like doing modifications then I'm in, I might even bring 2-3 orders with me on top of that when I go there with some friends who also are looking for a new RV.

Here's a basic question for you.

I think that the Onan generator now takes its fuel from the propane gas tank but do you think it would be possible to go with a diesel generator so that the generator would take its fuel from the diesel gas tank instead so that I can remove the whole propane tank and assembly and replace it with 4-6 lithium-ion batteries, a 3000W inverter and induction cooktop like they do on the Roadtrek E-trek and show here in this screenshot taken form their website?

Anyone going to Coach House HQ soon and ask them this?

Then again, I can always send them and email and I probably will. :smirk:

Merlin
Propane also used for heat and hot water, and the fridge. I don't think they offer a diesel genset option.

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

Propane also used for heat and hot water, and the fridge. I don't think they offer a diesel genset option.
So do you then how they do it with no propane at all on the Roadtrek E-trek?

My main goal is ZERO gas thank AT ALL and that includes the diesel tank for the engine too. :rad:

Merlin

chromisdesigns

So do you then how they do it with no propane at all on the Roadtrek E-trek?

My main goal is ZERO gas thank AT ALL and that includes the diesel tank for the engine too. :rad:

Merlin
Neither Coach House nor LTV are custom builders. If you want the E-Trek concept, either buy an E-Trek or go to one of the full-custom shops and have them build exactly what you want, if you ever actually figure that out. Be prepared to pay for it.

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

Neither Coach House nor LTV are custom builders.
True but this is not a MAJOR CUSTOM JOB. The storage space where they put the propane tank is and will be there whether I install a propane tank in it or a battery tray (see image below).

I think both CH and LTV have already started to work with solar so 1 or 5 panels...no big deal here.

As for the money, I don't see it as buying a car, I LITERALLY see it as buying a HOUSE and when you buy a house, you don't cut corners. If your Realtor tells you that this house has HALF a Dinette with a small table big enough to sit only 1 person on each side you will laugh and get out right... and tell your Realtor to find a better house and prepare yourself to pay more for better quality right? We'll that's how I see it with my next RV. $250K for a house is a bargain (at least where I live) so I prepare myself to pay the same for the RV of my dream. I don't think it will cost that much but it might.

I'm gonna find the best Class B+ RV and will make it better with super advanced features.

Merlin

Attachments

Last edited:

MotorCity57

Merlin,
I was at Coach House on Monday and spoke to Steve Gerzeny, one of the owners. I gave him a printout of your question from this thread, but I didn't pursue it further because I am not interested in eliminating the propane tank from my RV. I will tell you that his opinion of the Roadtrek eTrek is that it doesn't really work the way it's advertised. If you want to get a "propane-free" Coach House RV then I suggest you start a conversation with Steve. His contact info is on their web site (I don't want to openly publish someone else's email on this forum). He would be the best one to talk to regarding customization of their RVs.
Coach House will do SOME customizing, but I got the impression that they were more concerned about staying within the guidelines set by Mercedes and the RVIA. Probably rightfully so.
John

M

MerlinTheTraderRVer

If you want to get a "propane-free" Coach House RV then I suggest you start a conversation with Steve.
Alright I will. Thanks

So did you learn over there? :-D Liked what you saw?

Merlin

MotorCity57

My wife & I weighed the pros & cons and decided on the 240. Coach House was a bit surprised at our choice because almost all of the Sprinter RVs they build are 241s.

Top Bottom