Winnebago Via or Itasca Reyo

Dog Gal

Am looking at these models in a 2010, 11 or 12, in a 25R layout. I am concerned with the very small kitchen sink and faucet. Any comments? Comparing this to a corner bed unit in a View or Navion. It seems that the Via/Reyo has a lot more room, but not sure. Good, bad or ugly, bring it on.

bobojay

Very low, I mean very low cargo capacity. Other than that, nice units. Go for the '11 or '12, as the '10 was the first year and a lot of improvements were made on the '11's and especially the '12's.
We've had 2 Winnebagos now with the same sink and it's not a big deal for us because we use disposable dishes/silverware etc. Plenty of flow through that faucet.
Expect 15 to 17 mpg

Dog Gal

Thanks so much for the reply. I will be living in the unit, so cooking and cleaning up are important for me.

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
Class A RVs, Reyo's and Vias, come with only one access/egress door on the starboard side behind the front passenger seat. There is an optional drivers side door. I don't know if that's important to you. We like lots of doors... Our View Profile has three.

I think you will find a corner bed, or a bed that can be accessed by only one side, to be a big PITA. You can't get in or out without crawling over your mate or pups. PITA to make up. View Profile 24m has a slide out straight out the rear for the Queen bed... Accessible 3/4 the way around.

Galleys are something you have to use in a pretend meal exercise or walk through to see if they are going to work out. What looks like a great layout may not be efficient for you. Biggest tri-power (110v AC/LP/12v off engine reefer/freezer with auto-magic switch over you can find. Wife prefers convection microwave vs LP oven. Double sink is handy.

Bathrooms, again... Do a walk through exercise to see where you would stow things.... Stand in the shower and close the curtains...where's the shower head? Sit on the can... We don't like the WC placed all the way aft. Midships is better for us.

Storage spaces... Inside and out... Where would you put things? Are they efficient in space utilization? TV locations? Can you watch one without breaking your neck?

We prefer LP generators..quieter and less vibration.

A centralized water works for filling, draining tanks, and shore hook up is a great feature. Common on Winnebagos and Itascas. Right next to the shore power cable!

Also, a ducted heat pump is a better choice. Also, FWIW, think about where the unit is mounted. If you spend a lot of time in the forward cabin, it's better toward the rear as it will be quieter. Where is it located related to the bunks? You might find it quieter sleeping if it's not overhead.

Dual source water heater... 110v AC/LP is more efficient. Tank heaters if you are going to be out in freezing weather.

If it doesn't have one... A Fantastic Fan remote controlled vent van is a must.

How easy is it to get to the cab and back to the cabin?

We don't like the Class A look of these models. It seems like a lot of wasted space that you can't use efficiently. I'm not sure how I'd clean the inside windshield or retrieve something from the dash board. Then there's the solar heating from the bigger windshield. The Views and View Profiles use a Sprinter cab so it's just like a car.

LAST... Maybe FIRST ... Look at the Cargo Carrying Capacity placard (yellow sticker passenger side door usually) to know what kind of load you can carry....!!

Just some thoughts...

Last edited:

Dog Gal

Thanks Old Crow, love all the ideas. I like the more open floor plan since I'll be living in the rig, I want it to feel like as open as possible. The Via/Reyo are so much more expensive too. I'm still in search more. It's hard for me to get to look at them, living in a more remote place currently. The dealers aren't too helpful. Let me know if you know of a 2011, 12 or 13 for sale. Corner bed works best for me. I really appreciate your help.

bobojay

Dog Gal, check out the View/Navion and the Via/Reyo groups on yahoo. You'll have to join them to post but you can read the posts. Lots of good info there. Most posters are actual owners

TJLee089

2013 Itasca Reyo 25R
See my post of a year ago http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26650.

In addition, the 25R has the most interior space compared to the other floorplans due to the larger slide. This floorplan was discontinued after 2013. Yes, the galley is cramped, but the stove cover can be used as additional counter space. The class A Via/Reyo is a lot more expensive than the similar View/Navion but does provide more interior space.

The ducted heat/AC works well, however we have found a simple 1500 watt space heater to work fine with temperatures down to ~50F. The fridge/freezer will need to be manually defrosted frequently, perhaps every week or so. We have tried just shutting it off before bedtime. This works for the fridge, not so well for the freezer. We are still experimenting.

Yes, cleaning the inside windshield requires a stretch. We have found storage to be adequate. You can mount a carrier on the hitch for additional storage.

I found the electrical system to be inadequate for dry camping, so I upgraded it. If you intend to have shore power this will not be a concern.

Finally, one of the best options we have is the permanent dinette. This provides a surface for writing, laptops and avoids having to setup/take down the table. This was a pain in our previous ERA.

Good Luck!

cjscott

We have our eye on the Via/Reyo 25P. Wow is it a beauty! Feels so open inside also, just love that. Don't really like the other two models as they feel more cramped. I have a corner bed in our current B+ and no problem with it. Is can be a little bit of a pain to make up, but so what for all that open space. Possibly if you are larger people, you may prefer the R version, but I'm petite, my husband is 6 ft well over 200 lbs and we fit very comfortably. Also love the large window over sink area. Now if I can get the nerve to spend the money. I dream of this motorhome I love it so much. You can also get a drop down bed over front seats but then you lose driver's door.

Last edited:

cjscott

I must say this, just saw the new Winnebago View/Itasca Navion did a big change to their 2015 24J corner bed model. They changed the floor plan putting the fridge on passenger side, put in a new dinette that is a square U shape with a foot rest on each side, and a HUGE window over the sink, it is beautiful!!! So open, I just love it. Very smart. There is a video out where you can view this new one. Now we're torn between the View/Navion and Via/Reyo corner bed models. I hope they do this with their other models, as we did like the 24V twin bed versions but they have NO window over sink so that was a deal breaker for us. In a small motorhome you need windows, you want to view the outdoors, not feel cramped, get air flow. They are finally getting with it. And LOVE the new U shape sofa which is squarer and has foot rests! How brilliant is that. We never liked the U shape in other similar brands as it is rounded on corners and you can't lounge on it. I wish they would bring it into the Via/Reyo now instead of their dinette.

Last edited:

Meagain

I'm pretty blown away by what I'm seeing with the new View/Navion redesign.
It nukes the 2 big things that turned me off on the unit. That pissy small kitchen window and no Booth.

If you notice, because they swapped the fridge/closet, there is now a bit more open space at the foot of the bed. More open. Seems the decor is better - light floor, etc. Love how the entire bed lifts up now.

My only gripe is they nixed the rear window. But unlike the contoured rear of the Reyo, it's flat and I am 100% certain I can put a window of my choosing there. Perhaps even a factory option. I'm all about the windows.

And I'm picky. I really think this might be 'it' for me. My only big desire would be to have the European windows as is offered in the Via. I love those SO much and if I can get that - oh boy. I also prefer the View/Navion having the bathroom sink outside the bathroom vs. inside making for a bigger bathroom and suck up of open space as in the Via/Reyo - because like you - it's all about getting open/floor space.

chromisdesigns

I'm pretty blown away by what I'm seeing with the new View/Navion redesign.
It nukes the 2 big things that turned me off on the unit. That pissy small kitchen window and no Booth.

If you notice, because they swapped the fridge/closet, there is now a bit more open space at the foot of the bed. More open. Seems the decor is better - light floor, etc. Love how the entire bed lifts up now.

My only gripe is they nixed the rear window. But unlike the contoured rear of the Reyo, it's flat and I am 100% certain I can put a window of my choosing there. Perhaps even a factory option. I'm all about the windows.

And I'm picky. I really think this might be 'it' for me. My only big desire would be to have the European windows as is offered in the Via. I love those SO much and if I can get that - oh boy. I also prefer the View/Navion having the bathroom sink outside the bathroom vs. inside making for a bigger bathroom and suck up of open space as in the Via/Reyo - because like you - it's all about getting open/floor space.
Did they ever improve the overhead bed space so that actual adults can sleep there? On the earlier models, it was adequate, but more recent ones were only good for kids, midgets, or storing your junk. I'm hardly a giant, but I could barely turn over up there when we were looking at them, aside from the older ones.

Dog Gal

I must say this, just saw the new Winnebago View/Itasca Navion did a big change to their 2015 24J corner bed model. They changed the floor plan putting the fridge on passenger side, put in a new dinette that is a square U shape with a foot rest on each side, and a HUGE window over the sink, it is beautiful!!! So open, I just love it. Very smart. There is a video out where you can view this new one. Now we're torn between the View/Navion and Via/Reyo corner bed models. I hope they do this with their other models, as we did like the 24V twin bed versions but they have NO window over sink so that was a deal breaker for us. In a small motorhome you need windows, you want to view the outdoors, not feel cramped, get air flow. They are finally getting with it. And LOVE the new U shape sofa which is squarer and has foot rests! How brilliant is that. We never liked the U shape in other similar brands as it is rounded on corners and you can't lounge on it. I wish they would bring it into the Via/Reyo now instead of their dinette.
CJScott, yes I have too drooled over the 2015 24J, it's a beauty. Can't buy new though. I love the Ushape sofa, the Coachman and Thor use that. I am moving away from the Via/Reyo. I love the open lay out of the R model, but there are no window on the entire passenger side. Also looks like it does not hold much weight. I'll be living in mine, so will need to pack it up. Thanks so much for your comments, sure appreciate your thoughts.

Dog Gal

Chromisdesigns, I don't know about the overhead bed space. I wouldn't want to sleep up there myself. Have done that previously in life, but not for living in an RV, need a bed to fall into!

chromisdesigns

CJScott, yes I have too drooled over the 2015 24J, it's a beauty. Can't buy new though. I love the Ushape sofa, the Coachman and Thor use that. I am moving away from the Via/Reyo. I love the open lay out of the R model, but there are no window on the entire passenger side. Also looks like it does not hold much weight. I'll be living in mine, so will need to pack it up. Thanks so much for your comments, sure appreciate your thoughts.
NONE of the Sprinter-base class c rigs have much carrying capacity, especially if they have a slide. Some have less than others, but I would bet every one you see on the road is near, at, or over rated gross weight, unless all the tanks are empty. We are no exception. You know those "barely legal" sites...we are they in the Class C world!:smilewink:

Class B on a 3500 chassis can give you a lot more OCCC, but less space to put it in...as they say, TANSTAAFL!

Or you could always go with a Ford 350 or 450 chassis -- they can haul like a truck...they ride like one, too.

You pays yer money and takes yer choice:thumbup:

Reyo Runner

Hi, Y'all,
I'm the newbe here, but I like what I read and will be posting some comments about our Reyo 25T, which my wife and I love.

Last edited:

lindenengineering

Well I worked on one of these plastic pigs today!:thumbdown:

Talk about a contortionists nightmare --almost as bad as a 7.3 Powerstroke in a E350!
But only worse!:thumbdown:

I had to do a corroded off #5 glow plug!
That means removing the engine access "slot" and developing orangutan length arms then finding ways to cut a straight upright attack to the glow plug with Herr Muller Werzuege!
Well not surprising I cut into it, got the threads cut! Even put in the extractor bolt in but it pulled the threads out!
So after the third attempt at arms length drilling and tapping I resorted to the old soldier method! --drive it and blow the bloody thing out!
And it did --First the feint "chuff chuff " and I think she's going to blow Capt'n !
And it did with a resounding crack.
Then the "chuff chuff" of a lost cylinder which reminds me of my Aunt Laura's motorbike who was a dispatch rider for the British Army during the war on a Mil BSA M21 !
When she came a visiting to make jam with my mother, i would often hear the sound of that one lunger Beezer coming down the lane and that sound reminded my of boxed ears pain as a five years old,!
She always managed to give me a whack in the kitchen during her visit! .
A bit like that bloody Reyo!! Punishment from start to finish!
A true plastic pig!
Dennis

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
Oh Dear! I never gave major R&R an second thought on a Reyo! R&Ring the water system drain valves in the cigar box water closet under our 24G was a horror show. Shivering me timbers at working on a Class A Sprinter. Least ways I have a "bonnet".

lindenengineering

Oh Dear! I never gave major R&R an second thought on a Reyo! R&Ring the water system drain valves in the cigar box water closet under our 24G was a horror show. Shivering me timbers at working on a Class A Sprinter. Least ways I have a "bonnet".
Yes on this thing you cant even get the air cleaner box out without removing the engine access " "slot" of a cover!
As punishment hows about getting the turbo out???
Getting at the exhaust down pipe bolts & Y collector bolts --will you will need very long double jointed arms--its an engine out job for sanity purposes alone!
Tells me Winnebuggerme has more key tappers and paper shufflers than wheel tappers and shunters club members in their business !:hmmm:
Dennis

Top Bottom