Input on Alternator Pricing?

SullyVan

2005 T1N Conversion
Having trouble finding the Bosch alternator delivered by Friday.

Found one at NAPA for $249 plus tax. 150amp, remanufactured.

Is that ok? Riop off? Suggestions?

uglied

uglied
On my 3rd NAPA Reman in 2months. It is already giving problems. Get a new original Bosch. Not worth the hassel on remans.

Your time constraint may doom you to a local supplier. Maybe check to see if any of the re-mans are Bosch cores?

Then again, Amazon expedited shipping may get you the part Thursday if you order it right now.

Good luck. vic

lindenengineering

Try Car Quest and their account with Worldpac.
Here you will get genuine OE at good pricing.

Sorry but my experience with Napa on rebuilt alternators for Sprinter has never been good, a disaster in fact on starters. Usually for other makes quite good but Sprinters :thumbdown:
Dennis

SullyVan

2005 T1N Conversion
Thanks for all the input. This is a reman Bosch, through NAPA. Still a bad idea?

I was looking and found no Amazon Bosch alternator for my 2005 T1N that would arrive by Friday. :(

I'm at my boat, where I can swap an alternator. I have to leave by Sat AM to be at work Monday, 1000 mile away.

I do not have a way to do the alternator at my work location.

morre

OP where are you located, i can get you 150 amp bosch reman for Wednesday morning, but only if you are local to me. im from CT

surlyoldbill

Careful: that's not Bosch. Aftermarket, at that pricing likely Chinese aftermarket. They love to toss the OEM manufacturer name in the product description. :shifty:
Really? They are advertising it as a Bosch, giving the part number and everything, on Amazon and it's NOT a Bosch? I thought that was an Ebay thing, Amazon is pretty good about culling the frauds. Anyway, mine is a few years old and works great. They did a pretty good job of faking the Bosch case, it even says Bosch in cast raised letters along with the part number, exactly like the real thing.

Really? They are advertising it as a Bosch, giving the part number and everything, on Amazon and it's NOT a Bosch? I thought that was an Ebay thing, Amazon is pretty good about culling the frauds. Anyway, mine is a few years old and works great. They did a pretty good job of faking the Bosch case, it even says Bosch in cast raised letters along with the part number, exactly like the real thing.
My 150 amp alternator from Amazon also had Bosch labels. It wasn't particularly packaged well (just in a Bosch label box), but it survived shipment.

This Amazon link shows "Bosch" in the enlarged photo, but I suppose that can be easily faked.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-AL0798N...393380829&sr=8-1&keywords=sprinter+alternator

And a 90 amp for those who think the 150 is overkill.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-AL0791N...93381604&sr=8-64&keywords=sprinter+alternator

My Amazon "Bosch" 150 amp alternator has been working great. vic

Last edited:

SullyVan

2005 T1N Conversion
Thanks everyone. The only option fitting was to get the CarQuest reman, but with Bosch core. They did not show any new available.

Will drive there on my house batteries tomorrow (sort of like having an electric car!), get it, swap it, then drive back for my core credit.

Last one lasted 9 years. Hope this one makes it more than 3 mos.

All excited to wrestle turbo resonators again.... yay. :/

westyventures

In the Oregon Outback
The one in the Amazon link uses the word 'Bosch' in the description but not on the part. Compare to a photo of the real McCoy. The Chinese have gotten really good at cloning almost everything. Ever bought Meyle parts?

d_bertko

Ancient history here.

Back when I upgraded my 90a to a 150a in 05 on my 02 T1N I thought well enough of Bosch to buy one of theirs. And it has lasted all this time while living a hard life keeping 5 batteries charged in my DIY camper with its electric kitchen.

But I had tracked down a well-regarded alternator expert in OH and his opinion was that the Bosch was good but a couple of the Japanese mfrs were state-of-the-art and more reliable. (I did in fact end up drinking the MB Kool-Aid.)

It's really just the hole pattern that matters so other mfrs besides Bosch are worth considering.

Since I bought mine I think the euro has appreciated against the dollar while the yen has fallen.

Just saying.

Dan

surlyoldbill

The one in the Amazon link uses the word 'Bosch' in the description but not on the part. Compare to a photo of the real McCoy. The Chinese have gotten really good at cloning almost everything. Ever bought Meyle parts?
Oddly enough, as I said, it has BOSCH on the one I bought. Maybe your information is mistaken?

SullyVan

2005 T1N Conversion
This Bosch looks good from CarQuest. 2 year warranty, but includes roadside assistance.

It is an unopened, Bosch 90 amp, remanufactured at Bosch.

surlyoldbill

I know Bosch makes and/or sells crap batteries, perhaps some of the alternators are also crap. Mine is doing great, but probably only 50k on it.

Top Bottom