How to use the Factory Fuse Holders

WPJ

OK So I sot out to make my additions look nice, I had a number of unused fuse slots and additionally I had a unused fuse older.

I found the parts, (I'll post later all of the part numbers.)

Single Terminal
Double Terminal
Triple Terminal

Single terminal is used to take the fused power and run your cable to you device., it could also be used to bring power to the fuse holder

The Double and Triple terminals will only be used to bring power from the source to the fuse holder.

The fuse block has 9 fuse locations, Power can be brought in to 1, 2 or 3 of the fuse locations. This is helpful if you have a number of fuses which have the same need ie all need to be on when the ignition is running. You can use a Triple terminal and a 10G primary wire to bring power to 3 fuse locations. instead of running power for each.

OK once you have power the next to run your line to the device you need to give power to. The fuse holder in position 1-9 allow you to run 2 devices off of the same fuse. so instead of splicing your wires you can just run the two lines and terminate them on a shared fuse.

In order to insert the terminals you need to have the red tap pushed up slightly you can see that from the attached pictures.

once I find all of the part numbers again I will post them here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

WPJ

Attachments

WPJ

Ross, that can be a chore based on if its a double or triple. But the crimp terminal has two small pins you need a small removal tool to get it in and push them down then you can remove the terminal, mind if it is a triple then you have 6 pins to hold down.

Axo Dude

Yahoo finally someone knew what I have been looking for for 2 yrs. Thank you kindly
Can you tell me what parts on your list are the single and double and triple fuse connectors.
I have plenty of unused pspaces on my under dash fuse block. Just want to add one to 4 fuses and only really need the singles
but will buy the double and triples for the future. Your help would be greatly appreciated

cre8er

Are the parts the same for under dash and seat?
One has a 905 designation the other (which you ordered) is 915. Also what is the 900 designation for?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Are the parts the same for under dash and seat?
One has a 905 designation the other (which you ordered) is 915. Also what is the 900 designation for?
From a recent discussion in another thread, the first 3 digits of an MB part number are the model/chassis number in which the part was first used.
So T1N were 903. NCV3 were 906.

Some parts are "universal" (nuts, bolts, screws) so have 000 or 001

--dick

brassmonkey001

UK 2008 NCV3 518 CDI
Ross, that can be a chore based on if its a double or triple. But the crimp terminal has two small pins you need a small removal tool to get it in and push them down then you can remove the terminal, mind if it is a triple then you have 6 pins to hold down.
Any idea what the tool is, or can you use a couple of paper clips? Do you go in from the fuse side or the back?
I've got a lot of superfluous wiring I'd like to remove and I'd rather remove it completely than just chop it.

Eljefe2019

I cannot get these wires out of the fuse holder. I bought one of the tools shown above. Where exactly are you pushing down...from the side the fuse goes in or the back side where the wire enters? Is it the two smallest square holes down by the numbers in the picture? I’m trying to get out the wire that feeds #54

Attachments

mschoen

Does anyone know if these will fit the fuse block on a 2020 VS30 or if there is an updated part number for these? I am trying to add a circuit to my fuse block for an ignition hot/retained ACC for an amp.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I cannot get these wires out of the fuse holder. I bought one of the tools shown above. Where exactly are you pushing down...from the side the fuse goes in or the back side where the wire enters? Is it the two smallest square holes down by the numbers in the picture? I’m trying to get out the wire that feeds #54
Here is a generic contact removal process ... you release the contact metal locking tang, and then pull it out the back with the wire:

PinRemoval.png

The "thin tool" can be a strong needle (a bio lab "pithing tool" works nicely, or a thin piece of flat metal (metal spine from discarded windshield wiper blade). Or a specially-purchased tool (varies by connector manufacturer)

--dick

1seven1

Thanks to the reference above, I was able to get my local dealer to source the parts I needed to add a fuse block. This is for a 2022 VS30. Thanks for posting up the info. Here's exactly what I got with part numbers and prices. Note the electrical contacts are measured in mm wire rather than AGW. These parts are for 4.5-6mm wire (about 12-10 AGW for the mains), and 2.5-4.5mm for the distribution (about 16-12 AGW). This will make for a nice, clean instal of aftermarket driving lights, reverse lights and a loud horn. I'm going to run another series to the house batteries for the Webasto heater so I don't need to mess with extra fuse holders hidden someplace.

IMG_6112.JPGIMG_6112.JPG

Exilaltbier

Cheaper if you buy the connectors and terminals directly from the Lear Corporation.
Google for their catalogue

Last edited:

Art Mielke

MojoRangler
Hey Exilaltbier
I like your suggestion very much
Found their catalogue, but I'm having no luck finding their part # for those little critters.
Did you manage to find them, by any chance , or have any clues as to how to sus it out?

Thanks

Art

Exilaltbier

Hi Art,
have only these pages 33 and 34. named
GSK- Connectors, technical data and Part numbers

Dunno electrical US shops, this is a partscatalogue from a german electronic parts dealer

filmcan99

From a recent discussion in another thread, the first 3 digits of an MB part number are the model/chassis number in which the part was first used.
So T1N were 903. NCV3 were 906.

Some parts are "universal" (nuts, bolts, screws) so have 000 or 001

--dick
How can I find the proper mercedes tool for fuse terminal removal?

Top Bottom