Trans pan leak

xfordfan

Noticed it yesterday cleaning out truck. pulled in backwards for easy access, left in driveway overnight, front downhill. Noticed little spot on driveway and got under. front of pan on pass side leaking, tightened up a little and have yet to see if i fixed it. anybody else with leaky pan? Will tightening maybe fix it, or is there a problem here with others? Thanks in addvance, John BTW 06 shr 2500 with auto trans

stp57

I had the same thing happen to my 2006, 2500. It wasn't the pan leaking, it was the O ring that goes to the electrical connection in front of the pan & on the passenger side. Once the dealer replaced the O ring the pan has remained dry. This warranty work took less than an hour for them to do.
I believe that this was a problem caused at re-assembly, IMHO.
Steve

greasy

Sprinter-ized
I had the same thing happen to my 2006, 2500. It wasn't the pan leaking, it was the O ring that goes to the electrical connection in front of the pan & on the passenger side. Once the dealer replaced the O ring the pan has remained dry. This warranty work took less than an hour for them to do.
I believe that this was a problem caused at re-assembly, IMHO.
Steve
I had the same O ring leak. I changed my own, took about 15 min. I don't think it was from reassembly because I have a 2004 140 2500 passenger model and they come complete from Germany. :D

xfordfan

I had the same O ring leak. I changed my own, took about 15 min. I don't think it was from reassembly because I have a 2004 140 2500 passenger model and they come complete from Germany. :D
Greasy, were you able to puchase just the O ring. If so , Do you have the part #. Thanks in advance , John
PS any special tool to remove gizmo. How to ?

greasy

Sprinter-ized
Greasy, were you able to purchase just the O ring. If so , Do you have the part #. Thanks in advance , John
PS any special tool to remove gizmo. How to ?
I purchased the O rings from Steve at:
www.europarts-sd.com Part # are on his sight.

It was easy, just turn a lock ring with your fingers to remove the plug then use a 7mm (I think) nut driver to remove the socket. I think there is a write up about it some were on this sight, try a search. Also ask Steve at europarts, very knowledgeable about Sprinters. :thumbup:

Top Bottom