whats with the black fuel filter?

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
bought this the other day from mercedes,yes its service time.it came in the normal mercedes carton but i removed it to have a look over it and noticed the "new"black cover:thinking:,whats going on here?.

its stamped made in south africawhich ive never seen before correct me if i am wrong.
on closer inspection i notice the quality seems to be lacking with the direction flow arrows indent looking like the need a new mold maybe,also there seems to be some sort of dust around the top side lip and under the plastic protective cover.theres enough crap in the fuel without this foul smelling dust,looks like glass fibre.:wtf:

anyone else getting these black versions?i just hope mercedes are not cutting corners here.
maybe chris could shed some light here.

Attachments

sikwan

06 Tin Can
If I remember correctly, some of my oil filters are also from South Africa. I think there's a huge filter manufacturing plant that makes filters for many companies.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
It's a conspiracy so you can't use a sharpie to mark the filter with an installation date and an odometer reading..... you must heed ASSYST in all ways for all maintenance.

It's a conspiracy so you can't use a sharpie to mark the filter with an installation date and an odometer reading..... you must heed ASSYST in all ways for all maintenance.
Those bastards! Will it never stop??? :bash: I'm thinkin' they'll come and take my grease pencil away when they figure out that I use it to record maintenance stuff under the hood, and then they realize it works on the black filter canister too. :tongue: vic

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Those bastards! Will it never stop??? :bash: I'm thinkin' they'll come and take my grease pencil away when they figure out that I use it to record maintenance stuff under the hood, and then they realize it works on the black filter canister too. :tongue: vic
Will you guys ever stop complaining :tongue:..what are you! Men or Mice?
Or INONO OR INUKU?

Inono_2.jpg

Top Bottom