The dirty truth about EVs "Exploding Vehicles" Heat Pumps, Kitchen Sinks, Gas stoves, electric stoves....

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
The Great Con, is going to cause more pollution. It's like Government, if you buy private it's less, if you give your money to the government to buy for you, it's more. Too many people in the middle, and too many different energies needed to achieve the same goal as an ICE vehicle.

Solera2012

Fueled up on the interstate a bit ago, pumps were mobbed, but moving nicely. Then along the back, was a row of EV charge stations, cars plugged in but nobody home, they were in the food court rather than sit in their useless mobiles for the extended period.

Just curious, what is an Avg. Charge cost. Don't bother to get into it too much, I'm more interested in compared to fossil. After all, it's 80% generated from fossil anyway. :)

lindenengineering

ID4 FFS don't let anyone rear end you and deploy the SRS system.
Result dead car ! -tow to dealer !--leave on the workshop waiting lot for a factory tech from VW from "Chattingnugget to turn up with a security program and reset it.
Don't to get pi$$ed and be disappointed like a baby "whaH whaH like the last totally spoilt customer we encountered needing SRS modules and seat belt actuators.
But I did love being paid $250./hr to fix the bloody thing.
It was a filet Minion night with a bottle of Barolo . :thumbup:
Dennis

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Just curious, what is an Avg. Charge cost. Don't bother to get into it too much, I'm more interested in compared to fossil. After all, it's 80% generated from fossil anyway. :)
Just quickly Googling:
-----------------
On average, it costs $15.52 to charge a Tesla, based on the national average cost of electricity. Across all models, Teslas cost slightly less than 5 cents per mile to charge.
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla?
Tesla car modelCost to fully charge
Model S$17.83
Model X$17.99
Model Y$14.39
---------------
(chart source)

The chart's source says that a fully-charged model S can go about 400 miles.
A model X gets about 330 miles.

Let's see ... my Sprinter averages 22 mpg, and diesel around here is pushing $5 (+/- $0.50)
500/22= 22.7 cents per mile.
I start looking for a station at 300 miles, i start *really* hunting for a station at 425 miles.

--dick (my peak Sprinter mileage is 26 mpg, still over 19 cents per mile.)
p.s. my electric company is over 95% non-fossil. Hydro, nukes and wind are the bulk of it.

Last edited:

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
hen along the back, was a row of EV charge stations, cars plugged in but nobody home, they were in the food court rather than sit in their useless mobiles for the extended period.
Approx 55% of all EV owners never use EV charging stations away from their homes, about 23 % seldom (less than once a month) use them, about 10% use them about once a week and about 12% use them often (more than once a week). So, you are seeing a small subset of EV owners.

Most EV owners don't care about "gas station" style charging - the logic is based on old think. Most people who own an EV are smart enough to realize that electricity is a lot cheaper at home. They just drive home and plug in. The reason "gas station" style charging is a big deal in the media is that Elon Musk made it part of the sales pitch when Teslas first came out - he's a good salesman, so it stuck.

super rat

Have a nice day!
my neighbors have bought 3 electric cars in the last 6 months. The first one they bought a Volvo is a complete joke the thing can't go in the snow at all, and it has some special low rolling resistance tires that make the car useless in the winter, joke.

They got a Rivan clown car a month ago or so and I got a 1 ton duramax shortly there after and their son says to me my dad thinks you one uped him with our new truck. I told the kid their lil truck is a toy not even a truck so no one upmanship. The dumbest people on the road are driving these EV shit boxes around thinking they are lowering the temperature of the planet.

And in 20 years my one ton Duramax will be worth close to what I paid for it and that POS Rivian will be in a landfill.

Last edited:

Solera2012

Approx 55% of all EV owners never use EV charging stations away from their homes, about 23 % seldom (less than once a month) use them, about 10% use them about once a week and about 12% use them often (more than once a week). So, you are seeing a small subset of EV owners.

Most EV owners don't care about "gas station" style charging - the logic is based on old think. Most people who own an EV are smart enough to realize that electricity is a lot cheaper at home. They just drive home and plug in. The reason "gas station" style charging is a big deal in the media is that Elon Musk made it part of the sales pitch when Teslas first came out - he's a good salesman, so it stuck.
80% of electricity is generated by fossil fuel in the US. So, where you charge doesn't lower the emissions.

10,000 years ago, where I live currently the ice was a mile thick. These are the facts set forth on this day, Wed. April 19th, 2023

Solera2012

Just quickly Googling:
-----------------
On average, it costs $15.52 to charge a Tesla, based on the national average cost of electricity. Across all models, Teslas cost slightly less than 5 cents per mile to charge.
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla?
Tesla car modelCost to fully charge
Model S$17.83
Model X$17.99
Model Y$14.39
---------------
(chart source)

The chart's source says that a fully-charged model S can go about 400 miles.
A model X gets about 330 miles.

Let's see ... my Sprinter averages 22 mpg, and diesel around here is pushing $5 (+/- $0.50)
500/22= 22.7 cents per mile.
I start looking for a station at 300 miles, i start *really* hunting for a station at 425 miles.

--dick (my peak Sprinter mileage is 26 mpg, still over 19 cents per mile.)
p.s. my electric company is over 95% non-fossil. Hydro, nukes and wind are the bulk of it.
The grid is powered by approx. 80% fossil fuel. When it's night, solar does not generate (365 nights a year). When the wind does not blow, turbines do not spin, and no electric is produced (efficiently approx. 20%). Yet the demand is a relative constant. The solution is fossil fuel generation for the foreseeable future.

Replacement battery in a Tesla, approx. $20,000 (you know -dick-, the price of a decent 2nd hand fossil car) needs to be figured in as well, along with maintenance like a fossil car.

Elvis has left the building.

Last edited:

Mike DZ

The grid is powered by approx. 80% fossil fuel. When it's night, solar does not generate. When the wind does not blow, turbines do not spin, and no electric is produced. Yet the demand is a relative constant. The solution is fossil fuel generation for the foreseeable future.
Well, the DOE states that 60% was fossil fuel in 2021 - guess we have a disconnect. And again according to the DOE depending what part of the country you live in and time of year demand varies by more than 50 percent (not relatively constant) from day to night. Perhaps you are using a different source for your data.

Solera2012

The DOE is putting out bad data. If you dig on their numbers you would see they are not reporting correctly. You must understand that the Gov't is not telling the truth. Plugs has Alzheimer's, yet no one tells you what your lying eyes know. Certainly not related topic, but contemplate it, when you get anything from the Gov't.

All Depts. By constitution are under the Executive Branch. It's now a information war to convince the masses.

Dateline April 19th, 2023.....Let's just look at what monkey business is going on at one of the Depts.that are under the Executive Branch.....An IRS supervisory special agent with information about intervention, mishandling and ‘political interference’ in the ongoing criminal probe into Hunter Biden is seeking whistleblower protections to share the information with Congress. Apparently, the deep state “theys” are protecting Hunter Biden and the IRS agent has had enough.

GET THE POINT!

I suggest you turn to other sources, and blend them with what you get from the Gov't. I have no idea if your a liberal or not, but either way dont just believe those lying bastards anymore, it will serve you better to use multiple sources IMHO.

Elvis is still out of the building

P.S. and next year it will be 55%, and so on... it really is astounding when you see the power of the Gov't, press, and recently woke corporations in alignment.

P.S.#2 The disconnect will be addressed in '24. "Good Luck" Movie Taken.

Last edited:

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
Well, the DOE states that 60% was fossil fuel in 2021 - guess we have a disconnect. And again according to the DOE depending what part of the country you live in and time of year demand varies by more than 50 percent (not relatively constant) from day to night. Perhaps you are using a different source for your data.
The DOE under lying Biden and Pete Buttaplug, I am sure that is accurate information.... :rolleyes:

Mike DZ

The DOE is putting out bad data. If you dig on their numbers you would see they are not reporting correctly. You must understand that the Gov't is not telling the truth. Plugs has Alzheimer's, yet no one tells you what your lying eyes know. Certainly not related topic, but contemplate it, when you get anything from the Gov't.

All Depts. By constitution are under the Executive Branch. It's now a information war to convince the masses.

Dateline April 19th, 2023.....Let's just look at what monkey business is going on at one of the Depts.that are under the Executive Branch.....An IRS supervisory special agent with information about intervention, mishandling and ‘political interference’ in the ongoing criminal probe into Hunter Biden is seeking whistleblower protections to share the information with Congress. Apparently, the deep state “theys” are protecting Hunter Biden and the IRS agent has had enough.

GET THE POINT!

I suggest you turn to other sources, and blend them with what you get from the Gov't. I have no idea if your a liberal or not, but either way dont just believe those lying bastards anymore, it will serve you better to use multiple sources IMHO.

Elvis is still out of the building

P.S. and next year it will be 55%, and so on... it really is astounding when you see the power of the Gov't, press, and recently woke corporations in alignment.

P.S.#2 The disconnect will be addressed in '24. "Good Luck" Movie Taken.
I always use multiple sources and I find that the DOE numbers line up with most other esitmates. I however am not hysterical about how gov'ts work. I have 39 years of direct experience in and around the federal govt to include 22 years in the military. Everyone just needs to calm down.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV

And in 20 years my one ton Duramax will be worth close to what I paid for it and that POS Rivian will be in a landfill.
You think inflation will slow down that much?
My Sprinter is worth about 3 times what I paid for it 4 years ago.
Rivan has good referrals and I have seen them on sand.
It is hard to compare technology of different eras.
Lucid in last acceleration test beat Tesla.
Both cars have comparable HP and weight, so it come to traction control as putting those huge HP down on the road is whole trick.
Don't remember exact numbers, but comparison was that when Tesla traction was acting 200 times per second, Lucid did it 300.

Solera2012

I always use multiple sources and I find that the DOE numbers line up with most other esitmates. I however am not hysterical about how gov'ts work. I have 39 years of direct experience in and around the federal govt to include 22 years in the military. Everyone just needs to calm down.
The calming will begin January 20th, 2025

autostaretx

Erratic Member
80% of electricity is generated by fossil fuel in the US.
You keep repeating that lie. Fossil fuels are "only" 60.5% of US electricity production.

You're omitting the effect of nukes if you're simply subtratcting renewables' 20% from 100%.

Here's the 2021 energy mix for the US:
1682035940540.png
(source)

--dick

super rat

Have a nice day!
You think inflation will slow down that much?
My Sprinter is worth about 3 times what I paid for it 4 years ago.
Rivan has good referrals and I have seen them on sand.
It is hard to compare technology of different eras.
Lucid in last acceleration test beat Tesla.
Both cars have comparable HP and weight, so it come to traction control as putting those huge HP down on the road is whole trick.
Don't remember exact numbers, but comparison was that when Tesla traction was acting 200 times per second, Lucid did it 300.

It comes down to usefulness, what can do real work. A one ton Duramax is a useful tool, a rivana is a car to taker your teenage daughters to the mall.

I just spent a few day riding my motorcycle around this country, get away from the Starbucks out where people do real work, no Rivans but lots of one ton trucks with flatbeds. The electric cars are novelties for city folk who really think they can change the temperature of the planet by driving electric cars or scooters, nitwits hiding their beedy little eyes behind horn rimmed glasses. And truthfully an electric scooter is much cooler, more fun and a bigger benefit to the planet than some dopey electric "truck"

Top Bottom