What did you do to your Sprinter today.

hippy

Hardware Modifier
Changed the oil 229.51 and oil filter, then the airfilter and went into DAS to initialize the new filter.

stalbeaux

Emptied all my carpentry tools out of the van, sealed up a hole in the roof seam above the passenger side seat belt - every time it rains, the belt gets soaked. Hoping it helped. Filed down some old screw holes in the ribs. Getting ready to prime all the raw metal.

bazar01

2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 170 extended
1. Installed plumber's fire blankets shielding the wire harnesses, transmission connector and sensor/wires from the heat generated at the DPF and cat.
2. Installed some foam cushions under engine harnesses and brackets to prevent chafing and damage.
3. Lubed 2 driveshaft center support bearings and u-joints.
4. Lubed suspension ball joints and tie rod ends.
5. Replaced ATF cooler return hose.

Getting ready for a 6 hr drive to St. Marys, GA to Cumberland island.

pfflyer

Sold the 2013 crew cargo today. Kind of sad to see it go. Hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did.

Lagom

Panic in Detroit
I cussed at it. Drove down off our mountain to the stop sign at a busy highway. Pulled out into a hole in the traffic and had no boost. CEL lit, P0132 and P0131 codes found when I pulled over. 1000 miles post AEM. Have not seen these codes before in the 30k miles and 5 years I’ve owned it.
While running, no exhaust leak noise or anything else that seems unusual. Power off and restart brought back boost but average MPG was 18.x until the CEL went out 3 starts later when it returned to the 21.x typical for this type of drive.

Spoiled an afternoon of fishing, and leaves me with concerns about a trip I was considering for next week.

WillowTom

2021 View 24D; 2020 Chassis
The "Under Dash" photo shows the area under the steering wheel including the Black Plastic AC duct.

The next photo shows the 'sticky pad' I placed between the cup holders to hold my phone. I took the photos with the phone so I can't show a picture with the phone in place. The Lightning connector comes up here to connect to the phone.

The last photo shows the cable before installation. It was about $22 at Office Depot.

This entire installation required zero holes or modification to the vehicle. It can be removed just by pulling the cable out from one end to the other.

I love that I can easily connect my phone to CarPlay in a location that is easier to get to, allows me to access the phone while connected, and leaves the USB port built-into the lower dash for the passenger to use without having to access the center-top dash compartment.
Thanks so much for the detailed instructions and especially the pictures! I saw this last year and have been looking for it over the past few weeks. It's a mod I will be doing forthwith.

Fio94

What do you mean by DAS to initialize new filter?
What he means by DAS, is the factory scanner software used by Mercedes. When changing the air filter, you can "adapt / reset" the air filter. By doing so, it will reset the "air filter contamination level".

From WIS ( that contains repair instructions )

1663723375602.png

Happy29

2020 2500 OM642 4x2 170HR
What he means by DAS, is the factory scanner software used by Mercedes. When changing the air filter, you can "adapt / reset" the air filter. By doing so, it will reset the "air filter contamination level".

From WIS ( that contains repair instructions )

View attachment 233291
Xentry or other? Can it be done via the dashboard controls (like full maintenance reset) or only with scanner software?

Tully

Installed the new Inhabit mats, we actually just had them template for the rear at Overland Expo. Unfortunately because of how the front mats were cut in the pattern last year they could not match the pattern. I am very happy to say that this excellent company decided the right thing to do was send all new mats. Customer service and all expectations exceeded. A shout out to Inhabit an American company selling American made and American sourced product! Some might complain about the price but the real way to make American great is support American companies not buy cheap Chinese shit or push manufacturing offshore to maximize profit. Go get your new mats from a great company. Inhabit Design Works of Portland Oregon.
2B76E5AB-768F-4B81-AE8E-41FE7B22DC7A.jpegA637D18B-BFEB-4703-AADE-FE41CFBA387A.jpegCE814166-A2DB-40A3-985B-AD9CAAE04DB2.jpeg83823CCC-C93A-4C2D-BF58-56FE76CA8A65.jpeg

hippy

Hardware Modifier
I'm not familiar with this process. What do you mean by DAS to initialize new filter? or is this sarcasm. :/
Sorry Happy, just back from an excellent road trip.
As others have already mentioned, it's like a service reset and let's the system know it's fresh. ?

pipsqueak87

Big McLargeHuge
Well, it was clean inside but still no consistent reading from sensor 2. Looks like I will be dropping it all again when the conductor plate comes in! :rolleyes:

Also noticed that there are TWO "what did you do today" threads... lol:ROFLMAO:

hippy

Hardware Modifier
Changed my retrofitted high dash coding so I can select phone numbers from the retrofit steering buttons from my phone via the retrofit audio 20.
Pretty

Top Bottom