Flushing the Brake Fluid / Brake Inspection

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
I'd agree with this but there are three of with Mercedes. under Sheet number 331.0
Part No MB A 000 989 08 07 13 is the current one for a Tin.:thumbup:
Older variants are MB 000 989 08 07 12/ 11/ 10 look for the last number for the current Brake fluid. Dot 3 Dot 4 Dot 4+Plus.....MB A 00 989 08 07 13 is backwards comparable.
MB bottles have on the back of the label, a Use by date. such as [ Expiry 01/12], make sure. 'It's not out of date'.

I just contacted a dealer and gave them the number in blue above, and they told me that is now an old number here stateside, and the new number is: 000 989 08 07 01 Mercedes Brake Fluid formula B 026 D Dot 4 Plus Wet boiling point 356 deg F Date on back E2114 ??

I have the full bottle in hand. They claimed this number above replaces 000 989 08 07 13.

Anyone with similar results in trying to purchase recently?

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I just contacted a dealer and gave them the number in blue above, and they told me that is now an old number here stateside, and the new number is: 000 989 08 07 01 Mercedes Brake Fluid formula B 026 D Dot 4 Plus Wet boiling point 356 deg F Date on back E2114 ??

I have the full bottle in hand. They claimed this number above replaces 000 989 08 07 13.

Anyone with similar results in trying to purchase recently?
Quote the number from the MB sheet number DOT4 Plus 331.0 MB A
I'm not arguing but this comes under sedans AMG not sprinters.
Both boiling points 500F/ Wet boiling point 356F I'll see what I can find out.
I have in the back of my mind this number 000 989 08 07 oi is from My year 2005/6 USA Mercedes dealers.
Richard

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Quote the number from the MB sheet number DOT4 Plus 331.0 MB A
I'm not arguing but this comes under sedans AMG not sprinters.
Both boiling points 500F/ Wet boiling point 356F I'll see what I can find out.
I have in the back of my mind this number 000 989 08 07 oi is from My year 2005/6 USA Mercedes dealers.
Richard
I have not used it for anything yet, and I question the "database" all the time.

All it has I quoted pretty much. It does not have a 331.0 MB or such figures, rather: Exceed the US safety standards FMVSS 571.116/DOT 3/DOT 4 and SAE specification J1703 Its in a Square bottle, not the newer wavy style.

I bought this from someone on ebay, but after calling Mercedes and verifying this is the model number they got when entering Part No MB A 000 989 08 07 13. This was a MB dealer in Atlanta.

I have a sedan to use it for if it is not for the Sprinter, but they claimed this was all they had, not 3 types to choose from, but could have been a green worker?

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
My advise is to get the rep to show you that particular number is for a Mercedes Sprinter.
I rang MB they said N0.
Chris in the UK verified MB 000 989 08 07 13 the latter numbers-are superdeded. 10/ 11/ 12
U.S Mercedes printout. my year 2005
mb bf.jpg
I'll confirm this with MB Melbourne technical support.plus run a a photo of the latest labeling. a tad latter.
May be same,with just different numbers for different sedans and Vans. but it's a dam odd.way of doing business.
[ I hope I'm wrong]
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I have not used it for anything yet, and I question the "database" all the time.

All it has I quoted pretty much. It does not have a 331.0 MB or such figures, rather: Exceed the US safety standards FMVSS 571.116/DOT 3/DOT 4 and SAE specification J1703 Its in a Square bottle, not the newer wavy style.

I bought this from someone on ebay, but after calling Mercedes and verifying this is the model number they got when entering Part No MB A 000 989 08 07 13. This was a MB dealer in Atlanta.

I have a sedan to use it for if it is not for the Sprinter, but they claimed this was all they had, not 3 types to choose from, but could have been a green worker?
please do not use this fluid/MB down under said no not for sprinters and is out of production they have a higher rating fluid for sedans.defined by the last two digits as to my year 2009/10 these are backwards compatible to ABS sytems and Older with BFV assist
I'll get Chris to verify this as a second opinion ASAP.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
  1. Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Tin and NCV
  2. MB Sheet: 331.0 DOT4 Plus A 000 989 08 07 13
  3. This is the latest Brake fluid available.
MB A000 989 08 07 01 the last digit is for one liter
MB A000 989 08 07 11. The last two digits are for 5 liters
This is a U.S BRAKE FLUID and not current for a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
The INTERNATIONAL current standards f0r last two digits 13 are for the Sprinters. previously 11/12. Any number above 13 is for the Mercedes Mog.

US NAFTA specifications as to SAE j170 FMVSS 571.116 with International standards ISO 4925 exceed US safety standards.
Mercedes Australasia No longer uses this older formulation of Mercedes first developed in 1997
Last up date was 2004 Mercedes-Benz USA.
Chris has conformed MB A000 989 08 0713.Mercedes Sprinter current.2009
The U.S spec does not show on the radar of MB WIS for Mercedes Sprinters
MB A 000 989 08 070-1
Specifications for the US Lubrication sites specify DOT4 HBH Hydraulic Brake Fluid Heavy duty. Unless someone can produce a PDF for Mercedes full MSDS Then I can not match to MB A000 989 08 07 13 specification's it's quite extensive.
DOT Fluids have progressed over the years from DOT 3 DOT 4 DoT4 Plus to DOT 5 and 5.1 the latter two are silicone-based and not to be used on a Mercedes Sprinter
If some one is willing to go to Benz and ask for a printout on the complete chemical make up ,then I will obtain the same to match up the differences if any.
Richard

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
please do not use this fluid/MB down under said no not for sprinters and is out of production they have a higher rating fluid for sedans.defined by the last two digits as to my year 2009/10 these are backwards compatible to ABS sytems and Older with BFV assist
I'll get Chris to verify this as a second opinion ASAP.
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for you looking into this

Read the last page of this link here page 11...http://mymbonline.com/forum/uploads/liquidjune06star_593.pdf It quotes the model # I gave as a 1 liter bottle of Dot 4 plus.

I am very confused to say the least??

So I can use this fluid I have for the sedan, but not the Sprinter?

Why would the dealer parts dept not tell me they have this 13 last 2 digits in stock? They claimed they only had the one type to offer...I will call them again to see if I am given the same story if I ask a second time...

Cheers,

Tibor

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Richard,

Thanks for you looking into this

Read the last page of this link here page 11...http://mymbonline.com/forum/uploads/liquidjune06star_593.pdf It quotes the model # I gave as a 1 liter bottle of Dot 4 plus.

I am very confused to say the least??

So I can use this fluid I have for the sedan, but not the Sprinter?

Why would the dealer parts dept not tell me they have this 13 last 2 digits in stock? They claimed they only had the one type to offer...I will call them again to see if I am given the same story if I ask a second time...

Cheers,

Tibor
Hi Tibor: Note you placed this PDF..http://mymbonline.com/forum/uploads/...06star_593.pdf Pre emissions 06.for sedans as I have previously stated.
This is the 2004 PDF I can produce 01 and 1997 all identical.
View attachment MB_2006_Service_Products.pdf

b-tester.gif
One of the reasons Mercedes are now using Midtroincs for voltage testing
Brake fluids can be tested for a resistance of fluid tolerances with Midtroincs as a stand alone unit.
View attachment Safety Recall F34-BrakeFluidContamination.pdf
recall 2006
The Brake fluid you have been quoted is likely OK but the formulation may.or not be specific to a sprinter.?
Globally the numbers you are quoting do not exist.
Brake formulations change usually designated by bevo and or mercedes-Benz
Use by dates in different geographical areas also contribute to confusion ,yet it makes sense as to climatic conditions,and or usage.
ATF Fluids changed as to the NCV G40 H/D these jumped to the last two digits 11/12 power steering has not changed. MB A000 989 03 10
Simply put I need full documentation of the NAFTA Brake Fluid being sold, as I just do not trust it.
Where a difference may come into play is SAE and API licensing Europe is required to update yearly the U.S is five years.many of the older formulations are now deleted as to today's emission and safety standards.
Factory Approved Service Products September 2004
This PDF 2004 shows variations if you care to read it .
I believe this requires to be rectified and investigated as to why the numbering sequences in the U.S have not changed.
We need specific safety medical data sheets and Chemical composite breakdowns to analyze between the two simulate products.
Richard

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Hi Tibor: Note you placed this PDF..http://mymbonline.com/forum/uploads/...06star_593.pdf Pre emissions 06.for sedans as I have previously stated.
This is the 2004 PDF I can produce 01 and 1997 all identical.
View attachment 27740

View attachment 27741
One of the reasons Mercedes are now using Midtroincs for voltage testing
Brake fluids can be tested for a resistance of fluid tolerances with Midtroincs as a stand alone unit.
View attachment 27742
recall 2006
The Brake fluid you have been quoted is likely OK but the formulation may.or not be specific to a sprinter.?
Globally the numbers you are quoting do not exist.
Brake formulations change usually designated by bevo and or mercedes-Benz
Use by dates in different geographical areas also contribute to confusion ,yet it makes sense as to climatic conditions,and or
usage.
ATF Fluids changed as to the NCV G40 H/D these jumped to the last two digits 11/12 power steering has not changed. MB A000 989 03 10
Simply put I need full documentation of the NAFTA Brake Fluid being sold, as I just do not trust it.
Where a difference may come into play is SAE and API licensing Europe is required to update yearly the U.S is five years.many of the older formulations are now deleted as to today's emission and safety standards.
Factory Approved Service Products September 2004
This PDF 2004 shows variations if you care to read it .
I believe this requires to be rectified and investigated as to why the numbering sequences in the U.S have not changed.
We need specific safety medical data sheets and Chemical composite breakdowns to analyze between the two simulate products.
Richard

Hi Richard,

Should I take a picture of the bottle and email it or post it for you to see?

Have you ever heard of a German Brake Fluid called TEXTAR? And if so, do they have a product that matches the Sprinter Spec?

It blows my mind it this simple task of buying brake fluid for a 2004 Sprinter in the USA has to be this complicated, and so few over here in the MB dealerships know of this sensitive issue regarding "Their" products?

Thank you for your diligence.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Richard,

Should I take a picture of the bottle and email it or post it for you to see?

Have you ever heard of a German Brake Fluid called TEXTAR? And if so, do they have a product that matches the Sprinter Spec?

It blows my mind it this simple task of buying brake fluid for a 2004 Sprinter in the USA has to be this complicated, and so few over here in the MB dealerships know of this sensitive issue regarding "Their" products?

Thank you for your diligence.
I actually use TEXTAR brakes and rotors :thumbup:
MB DOT4 Plus is manufactured by ATE MB part number A000 989 08 07 10 My year 2005
ATE-TEXTAR BREMBO .0E MB A 000 989 08 07 10 ATE is a single piston caliper. Brembo Bosch are dual pistons. both are ABS but it's complicated to expailn.

RATINGS FOR DOT4:
Glycol based My year 2005
Dry Boiling point 500 0F
Wet Boiling point 329 oF
Castrol at the time had GTLMA DOT 4 ABS Low viscosity.

My Year 2009
DOT4 Plus
2005 MB 0E A000 989 08 07 10..through to 2009 Last two digits changed ISO Standards 4925 to 11/12/13
Product now called MBA000 989 08 07 13 0E ATE Manufacture.
Dry Boiling point 500 oF minimum
Wet Boiling point 356 oF minimum.

Full synthetic non petroleum based.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAFTA Specs: 1997 http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov
Little has changed in regulations since 1997 the FMVSS 571,116 Dot3 Dot 4 standards have slight variations ISO numbers are lower 4925 down as to SAE J1703. Although the NAFTA sector has the latest CAFE /BIN /EPA standards for 2011 2012 final emission accords They have not been passed in Congress.as of this date.republicans don't want change.

'If you wanted to get to the bottom of it all You need Jon to access WIS at your end Chris from the UK and I also need to go to Mercedes To pull up all of the data sheets for comparison.
Thats asking lot as to members time, and real time expedience.

Post clear pictures front and rear of the container. Maybe I can pick up on an oddity, if it exists.
Richard

Last edited:

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
I actually use TEXTAR brakes and rotors :thumbup:
MB DOT4 Plus is manufactured by ATE MB part number A000 989 08 07 10 My year 2005
ATE-TEXTAR BREMBO .0E MB A 000 989 08 07 10 ATE is a single piston caliper. Brembo Bosch are dual pistons. both are ABS but it's complicated to expailn.

RATINGS FOR DOT4:
Glycol based My year 2005
Dry Boiling point 500 0F
Wet Boiling point 329 oF
Castrol at the time had GTLMA DOT 4 ABS Low viscosity.

My Year 2009
DOT4 Plus
2005 MB 0E A000 989 08 07 10..through to 2009 Last two digits changed ISO Standards 4925 to 11/12/13
Product now called MBA000 989 08 07 13 0E ATE Manufacture.
Dry Boiling point 500 oF minimum
Wet Boiling point 356 oF minimum.

Full synthetic non petroleum based.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAFTA Specs: 1997 http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov
Little has changed in regulations since 1997 the FMVSS 571,116 Dot3 Dot 4 standards have slight variations ISO numbers are lower 4925 down as to SAE J1703. Although the NAFTA sector has the latest CAFE /BIN /EPA standards for 2011 2012 final emission accords They have not been passed in Congress.as of this date.republicans don't want change.

'If you wanted to get to the bottom of it all You need Jon to access WIS at your end Chris from the UK and I also need to go to Mercedes To pull up all of the data sheets for comparison.
Thats asking lot as to members time, and real time expedience.

Post clear pictures front and rear of the container. Maybe I can pick up on an oddity, if it exists.
Richard
Here ia a picture for your review....

If I am having this much trouble finding the proper juice, what has everyone else here stateside done to get around this troublesome issue of finding the right brake juice?

These photos show how this is made for MBUSA in Jersey by INTAC Corp???

Thanks Richard,

Tibor

Attachments

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Its an old one dump it and find better sorry not DOT4 PLUS hell it even looks like an eighties label.
Whatever it says this is not a MB product proper, for a sprinter, I'll look up the specs.
MB 000989080713
MB 000989080701 \

Richard

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I would like to see the back of that label.
The key was B026D.Once I spied this number! Well ring my MOPAR bells for Daimler Chrysler

View attachment Quality_Sprinter_Fluids_Specifications.pdf
NAFTA 2008 Daimler Chrysler.
Note two year intervals.
Looking back on ther bevo International Asia pacific side apart from labeling this older formula showed up for INDIA a NAFTA retreat.including Chrysler Australia under GM Holden distributors for Dodge products. Same two year brake change interval or 24 thousand miles.
So the number exists but not with Mercedes-Benz Global.
Now if you can not show a photo what is the manufacturing dates and expiry dates. on the back of the bottle.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Forum is playing games the last picture did not previously appear.
My question is specific what are the dates on the back of the bottle they appear to be void of information. apart from stating Packaging Lot and Date.
Interesting it's manufactured by an unknown company for the U.S NAFTA stand alone.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Tibor: Information has now been secured from ASSIC Australia. I'm not going to be popular on this one. But enough with the U.S crap at your end.
MB A000 989 08 07 13 is verified. for 2009/10
Current Dry boiling point 260 oC
..........Wet boiling point 180 oC

Intac Automotive Products.
DRY boiling point 180 oC
WET boiling point 180 oC
Company's profile.
1984: Started production of Brake fluid {Toll Blend}
1990: Acquired Quantum lemon plant at toll blender for long life coolants /Changed name to INTAC.
1994: Transferred brake fluid plant to Lemont.
2003: Changed name to CCI Manufacturing Corporation. 100% subsidiary of CCI
2003: applied for ISO standard.
No notification of re-licensing since 2003.
If the date of expiry Use By Date is not printed on the label then the product is invalided.
A ink stamp placed over the printed label is fraudulent as this can be done years latter if sent from a factory.with a suggested use by date.
Currently I can at this moment find no association of approval by Mercedes-Benz Germany with either companies. that links Mercedes with this labeling.
Richard

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Tibor: Information has now been secured from ASSIC Australia. I'm not going to be popular on this one. But enough with the U.S crap at your end.
MB A000 989 08 07 13 is verified. for 2009/10
Current Dry boiling point 260 oC
..........Wet boiling point 180 oC

Intac Automotive Products.
DRY boiling point 180 oC
WET boiling point 180 oC
Company's profile.
1984: Started production of Brake fluid {Toll Blend}
1990: Acquired Quantum lemon plant at toll blender for long life coolants /Changed name to INTAC.
1994: Transferred brake fluid plant to Lemont.
2003: Changed name to CCI Manufacturing Corporation. 100% subsidiary of CCI
2003: applied for ISO standard.
No notification of re-licensing since 2003.
If the date of expiry Use By Date is not printed on the label then the product is invalided.
A ink stamp placed over the printed label is fraudulent as this can be done years latter if sent from a factory.with a suggested use by date.
Currently I can at this moment find no association of approval by Mercedes-Benz Germany with either companies. that links Mercedes with this labeling.
Richard

Thanks Richard,

Very interesting....

So I guess I cannot use this for either vehicle?

How long has Dot 4 plus been around?

I will try calling other dealers then as the only model for brake fluid they gave me when I called them quoting your model number was that this part number on my bottle above superseded the model number you gave me, granted they may have a different shape of bottle,

Thanks for your investigative work. MBUSA must have made this for themselves, I am at a lost for words. I cannot see a knock off brake fluid being a viable business for someone, but who knows?

I will let you know what other dealers tell me. I am shocked no one else has piped up on their experience finding the real brake fluid meeting current spec with MB here in the US.

Again, Thank you sir,

Tibor

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
If you google: Part No MB A 000 989 08 07 13,

you will only find sites in Europe, Down Under, Asia, etc with pages that shows this part number....why would there not be a single site in US, Canada, if this was the same number used my MBUSA in NAFTA region...just curious your thoughts on this?

Regarding the Textar, Could the Textar Pro Brake Fluid LV be used on the Sprinter in your opinion? I found someone here in the US carrying it.

http://www.textarpro.com/images/stories/downloads/media/tx_brake_fluid_en.pdf

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
To add to the confusion, here is a link to a guy http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ageName=ADME:X:eRTM:MOTORS:1123#ht_500wt_1182 selling it in ebay as well, different from who I did my purchase from, and I just asked him about he age, and expiry date on the back, etc, and he "claimed" it came to him from MB last week, directly.

I'm wondering if MBUSA is the culprit here, flogging old bottles to the industry here in the US, or someone has Pinocchio syndrome, one of the two?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Tibor: It's U.S NAFTA Local content. local employment. with a big If =Unregulated and or not up to par as to full transparent International standards.
By law in the real-world ! If a product does not have a printed use by date placed by a manufacture at time of production Bang big fines . Printing as I have have said after a product has been manufactured with an ink stamp placed after the fact,is not acceptable,or legal.
The consumer has no protection or recall.
Any bottle with incorrect printing is subject to recall, stocks are with drawn and sent back to the manufacture, for immediate disposal. [Marked not for public sale.]
Off the cuff, the Obama government has tired to place consumer protection at your end for 2011/12 onwards it has not passed as of yet.
Give me until to night and I will endeavor to trace CCI and or INTAC as an approved Mercedes-Benz Manufacture for distribution of fluids,for the N/A sector.
I'll reiterate by fact: MB A000 989 08 07 13 is the current fluid. [It has not been superseded. by the number you have given: "By Mercedes-Benz Germany".]
TEXTAR if it has the use by date Plus DOT4+with either BP 500F minimum and WBP 356F minimum /BP 260C minimum.WBP 180C then the product is in range.
I could have that bottle you have tested independently with the CSRIO Tasmania with Mercedes-approval to see if the product is legitimate.? Want to send it down.:popcorn: PS DOT4 has been around since the sixties but in mineral format used by high performance racing teams.Non ABS low viscosity. It has a well written documentation.
Richard

Last edited:

Top Bottom