Pictures of your Sprinter

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Hi, those are new, and by Thor not Winnie.
Interesting, I’m thinking I saw a Winnebago logo on back… which of course makes zero sense since Thor and Winnebago are competitors and Thor makes these. ?
After seeing Thor sales pics, I’d prefer the Revel inside and out. But these are nice too!

Last edited:

Andrew_T

If… when it’s a sunny day, you like your van like an oven….
I’d rather get the color I like and not be too concerned with the heat.
It’s true , darker vans absorb more heat but we aren’t talking about cotton shirts here:) metal is still metal and even a white van will heat up like mad in full sun.
What I am concerned more than the color itself with a new van, is single vs dual stage paint. I’d never get a single stage paint considering all the newer vans that are already starting to rust prematurely.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
I’d rather get the color I like and not be too concerned with the heat.
It’s true , darker vans absorb more heat but we aren’t talking about cotton shirts here:) metal is still metal and even a white van will heat up like mad in full sun.
What I am concerned more than the color itself with a new van, is single vs dual stage paint. I’d never get a single stage paint considering all the newer vans that are already starting to rust prematurely.
Yeah well I understand… we all like what we like, but there is a HUGE difference in heat absorption between white vs any darker colors. Pretty much any other colors.
I’m guessing maybe you haven’t been to sunny areas and just wanting to hang out for a bit in the van. That dark blue will likely be pushing 130 inside within 40 minutes if closed up on a relatively mild sunny 80F day. I have silver gray (obviously the actual best color lol) and it’s a relatively light color, but still gets plenty warm.
Do a test at a dealership somewhere on a warm sunny day. Put your hand on a white vehicle, then check the other vehicles with the same sun orientation. Better yet use a lazer thermometer. It’s a huge difference. And I’ve owned a few white and a lot of black vehicles.
That said I don’t really want a white van, but they sure make sense if you live in or frequent warm sunny areas.

Last edited:

Andrew_T

And I’m guessing you haven’t been to sunny areas and just want to hang out for a bit in the van.
Well it’s just a guess :)
We had temps close to or exceeding 114 degrees in Eastern WA the last few years so I don’t have to drive far for that.
I had my little kids take naps during the day in the van with the AC and maxxair on obviously. It was pretty warm but not unbearable. The van was well insulated but had no roof rack at the time, no solar panels etc. Those alone cut direct sun exposure by A LOT if present.
So it’s not a one way discussion.
I don’t have anything specific against white, but almost no conversion companies use white in their builds. Makes me think heat and dark colors is not that big a deal...

Top Bottom