What did you do to your Sprinter today.

akira

Don’t know what it will save me.
I’m from Ohio
Didn’t want commercial plates
Commercial, RV and Campervan limit overnight parking in some communities.
Will find out in September
SV body type is SportsVan in Passenger classification for California. You will not have to pay the Commercial weight fee at time of registration. Should save you some money.

Anjay

I have installed a seal along the body mouldings. I follow the “humble road” guy advise as on YouTube. It looks good and almost like factory.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Installed a Fiamma F80S awning this evening. Fiamma instructions leave a lot to be desired, very weak.
I’ll try it out tomorrow and hopefully get the body wall mounts installed (Not relishing the thought of drilling holes in the side of my van though!). Looking forward to this thing throwin’ some shade this summer. Should make hanging out by the beach and desert campsites much more comfortable, instead of roasting.

Attachments

Last edited:

Stev_H

Coming up on 100k miles so fitted new fan belt, tensioner and idler pulleys. Not done the job on any vehicle before, took 90 min all in, hardest part was making sure not to lose anything down in the fan housing. Some oddball fastenings on that job: 5/16" allen key required for one of the pulley bolts.

Old fan belt was found to be split into 2 pieces along its length.

Also renewed intercooler hose seals.

sprinterdiscovery

Used 303 Aerospace to protect the outside plastics and rubber.

Makes it all look like new, darkens the plastic nicely, protects from UV rays, reduces the amount of dust and dirt that collects on the outer surfaces.

Left side is treated, right side is untreated.

I use this on the top surface of the black floor mats which reduces the amount of mud that sticks to the mats and makes it very easy to wipe off.

20210415_162320.jpg

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Used 303 Aerospace to protect the outside plastics and rubber.

Makes it all look like new, darkens the plastic nicely, protects from UV rays, reduces the amount of dust and dirt that collects on the outer surfaces.

Left side is treated, right side is untreated.

I use this on the top surface of the black floor mats which reduces the amount of mud that sticks to the mats and makes it very easy to wipe off.

View attachment 178603
Yeah, I have some 303, that stuff works great.????

Last edited:

Enferadi

Do not take your sprinter to any Mercedes dealership yet ,it’s too early, the new software has more problem than the old one! Took my Sprinter in for recall fix and got it back with 2 problems- water in fuel light and noticeable “skipping between 1st and 2nd gear”. Immediately brought it back to the dealership which said it was a Mercedes software problem. One week later, apparently Mercedes is working on new software to fix this updated software?

WinnieView1

Do not take your sprinter to any Mercedes dealership yet ,it’s too early, the new software has more problem than the old one! Took my Sprinter in for recall fix and got it back with 2 problems- water in fuel light and noticeable “skipping between 1st and 2nd gear”. Immediately brought it back to the dealership which said it was a Mercedes software problem. One week later, apparently Mercedes is working on new software to fix this updated software?
From what we've heard there are issues with the 2011 MY software updates but not the others.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
Sounds like they outsourced to microsoft ?

parkgt

2007 Great West Van on 2006 2500 T1N
Drove it 487 miles. Filled up at 386 miles with 17 gallons of fuel for 22.7 mpg. Not bad for a 8600lb RV traveling at plus or minus 67mph.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Drove it from the Midlands up to the West coast of Scotland then all the way down to the South East coast of Suffolk in England, then back home to the Midlands again.

A thousand miles in two days with frosty starts, blue skies and sparkling Spring sunshine.

Add in Ray-Bans, a full fridge, and a 906. It’s a perfect road trip.

126v8

Drove it from the Midlands up to the West coast of Scotland then all the way down to the South East coast of Suffolk in England, then back home to the Midlands again.

A thousand miles in two days with frosty starts, blue skies and sparkling Spring sunshine.

Add in Ray-Bans, a full fridge, and a 906. It’s a perfect road trip.
The green SuSi?

Top Bottom