For Sale Thread: Airstream Sprinter Westfalia Vans Available to Buy

Camp

Sprinter Westfalia
I'm scratching my head... pricing for the 4x4 Westy is back up to $100k on RVTrader! This van and it's listing have been perplexing to say the least!

Camp

Sprinter Westfalia
The 4x4 Westy’s RVTrader ad and Expedition Portal thread have been deleted. Normally I’d assume that means it’s been sold, but who knows with this one... maybe it will resurface with an even higher price in a few months.

Kiltym

A former Westy owner sent me this craigslist link.
This is NOT my van and I have no affiliation with the seller.

Incredible. The grill is not original, but more authentic to the van. Everything is so shiny!

Camp

Sprinter Westfalia
A former Westy owner sent me this craigslist link.
This is NOT my van and I have no affiliation with the seller.

This Westy probably has spent less time on the road than any other! Only 4k miles in 2021 is almost unbelievable. TWO Sherpas Translift racks that look mint are another rare sight. If only it still had the original graphics, then this would truly be a time capsule. Pasting the details below for the Westy records...

Mapleton, UT

$120,000

4,460 miles

Details copied from listing:

I’m offering my never used/like NEW Mercedes Sprinter Westfalia for sale:
Absolutely like new!! I’m the original owner bought it new in 2007, and never used it, 4K original miles (miles are from the dealer delivery from east coast to west coast dealer and to SLC). All Westfalia options (some only in Germany available) absolutely like new condition!! I just took it out of storage and had it fully serviced, including all fluids replaced, new tires (5), a new battery and master break cylinder.
Extremely rare find! Only 250 were ever imported to the US and I’m certain, there is no other like it anywhere! It is the very best available! And it is much better equipped and less expensive then the new ones.
$120,000 firm, serious enquirers only.

2004 mercedes sprinter
condition: like new
cylinders: 5 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: diesel
odometer: 4460
paint color: silver
rv type: class B
size / dimensions: 18’
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

Camp

Sprinter Westfalia
I have 2 Sherpa Translift racks with mine also. Didn’t know they were that rare :)
On Euro James Cooks the take rate seems to have been higher just based on ones online. I should have kept track of how many Airstream Westfalia listings have had the racks, but I'm fairly certain I can count on one hand all the listings that even had just ONE in the past couple years. TWO is a different story! It wouldn't be hard to imagine that in America just your Westy and the one with 4k miles above have double racks! Anyone have three... two on the van and one in the parts collection?

Camp

Sprinter Westfalia

Camp

Sprinter Westfalia
Adding links to Kiltym's recently sold van for those scrolling through this thread in the future...

Tuscon/Phoenix, AZ

$60,000

89,999 miles

Listed 3/10/21
Pending 3/12/21
Sold 4/3/21

CaptnALinTiverton

xT1N Westfalia
I'd be suspicious, looks like German plate on front, US plate on rear. IMHO, it must have been shipped to Europe to obtain that plate, not sure about Germany but extremely difficult to obtain registration in Spain for foreign vehicles (which it would have been after import into US then shipped back).
Also, when did he put the new tires on? Original tires don't last 18 years even in storage. Also as we know, systems fail more from lack of use. Are you saying that the van company is now converting it to 4x4? And they will be leasing/renting it out?

AL

anthonyp

Anthony P
2004 Mercedes airstream westfalia sprinter RV for sale.

This is an extremely rare RV in the USA. Manufactured in Germany and imported to USA thru Airstream dealership network.

Only 250 Units were imported to the USA in 2004 and 2005.

This RV has been well cared for and loved. I am conflicted about selling it as I know I’ll probably never find another, but I don’t seem to use enough lately to justify keeping it.

The vehicle has 98,000 miles on the Mercedes Diesel engine and runs outstanding, averaging 22-24 miles per gallon on the highway. Engine just getting broken in... ive seen these early sprinters with 350,000-500,000 miles in em.

Vehicle has 5 new tires, upper and lower ball joints, and was recently laser aligned.

It’s a wonderful vehicle that was over engineered. Includes diesel heater, propane stove, refridege, hot water furnace, fully self contained bathroom and shower, upper and lower beds, and a roof top AC unit that was replaced. (Factory original AC units were junk)

Many more pictures and details available.

Vehicle is located in Nazareth pa 18064 for showing. I can pick up folks at near by Lehigh Valley Airport if needed. Fly in and drive home. Ready for summer camping season.

Vehicle has a clean PA title in my name, with no Liens from the bank. Ready for transfer to new owner before I change my mind and decide not to sell.

All of the vehicle systems are operational except for the on board generator. It cranks up but will not start. I suspect needs the carb cleaned out. I carry a Honda 2000 portable generator on long trips.

Thanks
Anthony

Attachments

anthonyp

Anthony P
2004 Mercedes airstream westfalia sprinter RV for sale.

This is an extremely rare RV in the USA. Manufactured in Germany and imported to USA thru Airstream dealership network.

Only 250 Units were imported to the USA in 2004 and 2005.

This RV has been well cared for and loved. I am conflicted about selling it as I know I’ll probably never find another, but I don’t seem to use enough lately to justify keeping it.

The vehicle has 98,000 miles on the Mercedes Diesel engine and runs outstanding, averaging 22-24 miles per gallon on the highway. Engine just getting broken in... ive seen these early sprinters with 350,000-500,000 miles in em.

Vehicle has 5 new tires, upper and lower ball joints, and was recently laser aligned.

It’s a wonderful vehicle that was over engineered. Includes diesel heater, propane stove, refridege, hot water furnace, fully self contained bathroom and shower, upper and lower beds, and a roof top AC unit that was replaced. (Factory original AC units were junk)

Many more pictures and details available.

Vehicle is located in Nazareth pa 18064 for showing. I can pick up folks at near by Lehigh Valley Airport if needed. Fly in and drive home. Ready for summer camping season.

Vehicle has a clean PA title in my name, with no Liens from the bank. Ready for transfer to new owner before I change my mind and decide not to sell.

All of the vehicle systems are operational except for the on board generator. It cranks up but will not start. I suspect needs the carb cleaned out. I carry a Honda 2000 portable generator on long trips.

Thanks
Anthony
Please contact me via email or phone:

ajp185@yahoo.com
(484) 894-5648 cell

Top Bottom