2021 model due?

joe12pack

anyone know when the 2021 models will be configurable and the typical time it takes to build and deliver them? Seems strange to me that their configurator is still on the 2020 model.

dust999

I've just bought a 2020 of a dealer's lot....they said earliest August delivery for the 2021, had 2 allocated to them, 4x4 high roof.

joe12pack

congrats! Are dealers discounting 2020's? which dealer had 2 allocations for '21's if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking for a 4x4 high roof crew.

Pickleball

2022 2500 144 High roof 4 cyl diesel
August delivery even for a 2WD, 4 cylinder diesel, 144 high roof cargo? I’ve been told it is the 6 cylinder diesel that it still needing EPA approval.

The online configuration is also strange in that it doesn’t allow 4 cylinder diesel for 144 high roof cargo but does for 170 extended. The Costco site does allow that. And no 4 cylinder listed for crew at MBvans.

Last edited:

Pickleball

Well you can create a build on Costco with many more options than using the mbvans site and it seems to correctly add and remove conflicting options and ones that don’t allow or that do require certain combinations. But when it came time to locate a dealer none were found near Boston region. One was listed in WA but it didn’t appear to offer any special pricing, according to what the Costco site said.

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
August delivery even for a 2WD, 4 cylinder diesel, 144 high roof cargo? I’ve been told it is the 6 cylinder diesel that it still needing EPA approval.

The online configuration is also strange in that it doesn’t allow 4 cylinder diesel for 144 high roof cargo but does for 170 extended. The Costco site does allow that. And no 4 cylinder listed for crew at MBvans.
Hi, the configurator is broken re engines and roofs.

When I talked to a dealer in December, they said a 2WD 4cyl gas cargo could be delivered in March. So about 90 days?
Supposedly the 4cyl diesels are shipping as well.

dust999

No, this was for the 4x4, so 6 cyl diesel.

asimba2

ourkaravan.com
Select a low roof 4 cylinder diesel then add the high roof as an option.

Pickleball

Merc Westwood, MA. Got 2,5% off the 2020.
Dust999-Is there a specific salesperson at Westwood dealer you can recommend that is experienced with Sprinters, knowledgeable, straight talking and doesn’t mind pesky detailed questions?
Can you compare that dealership with others in the area, say north of there?
Thanks.

dust999

Dust999-Is there a specific salesperson at Westwood dealer you can recommend that is experienced with Sprinters, knowledgeable, straight talking and doesn’t mind pesky detailed questions?
Can you compare that dealership with others in the area, say north of there?
Thanks.
The person I dealt with was ok, the deal was done over the phone, selection was limited so not much to chat about. After I paid and took delivery it was difficult to get any response out of him.....so not the best experience. I did not interact with any other dealers in the Boston area as nobody had anything close to the spec I wanted.

Select a low roof 4 cylinder diesel then add the high roof as an option.

ourkaravan, thanks for your utube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/asimba2

I found the Mercedes website for Sprinters is outdated and you need to go to a dealership to configure 2021s.

I ordered my 2021 144 high roof Blue Grey 4X4 on 2/8/21 from Indianapolis Mercedes Benz with an expected ship date, according to the salesman, in late June 2021. Msrp; $68697 with a 3.6% discount of $2500 (see attached configuration sheet).

While waiting, I am designing and pre-building much of the interior's cabinetry in my cabinet shop. Many of my ideas are ideas inspired by ourkaravan. Sadly, I built my shop in 1984 without considering my future van's roof height. Check out my shop at; https://www.woodweb.com/galleries/shop/posts/1425.html

This is my 3rd van build. The 1st two were work vans. The first one was featured in Fine Homebuilding's book titled "The Toolbox Book" Check out a picture of that van in the link noted above.

Attachments

grooverider

Seems to be June/July for the 4x4 2021's, my dealer has a 170 and 140 and both are already specced out and have a June/July ETA. I think I'm going to buy the 2020 RWD 144 that's on the lot now even though it's fairly basic.. they only have 3 high roof 144 RWD left but the discount they are giving is too crazy to pass up.

vrrv

MY21 144 2WD HR Passenger
We've got June production for our MY'21 144 Passenger 2WD with 4l diesel. Allocations are pretty scarce though...

Sprinter SS

Seems to be June/July for the 4x4 2021's, my dealer has a 170 and 140 and both are already specced out and have a June/July ETA. I think I'm going to buy the 2020 RWD 144 that's on the lot now even though it's fairly basic.. they only have 3 high roof 144 RWD left but the discount they are giving is too crazy to pass up.
If your dealer is saying June July delivery they are not well informed. The EPA certification for the V6 is July, thus approved production afterwards. There is going to be a long dry spell of no V6s and no 4wd models as inventory dries up.

jmole

If your dealer is saying June July delivery they are not well informed. The EPA certification for the V6 is July, thus approved production afterwards. There is going to be a long dry spell of no V6s and no 4wd models as inventory dries up.
What changed about the V6 that it needs recertification?

Roamers

2020 4X4 170 Crew
The EPA certification for the V6 is July, thus approved production afterwards
If it is like the 2020's, vans were built and held until approval. Mine was built it February and held until (as I recall April) approval. Received mid May.

klempak

What dealer are you getting the van from?

Top Bottom