Who has a better camp site than me?

glasseye

Lookin' good, calbiker. No sn*w there. Yuma, DVNP and The Salton Sea have been spared. Heck, even Galveston got hit.
The last pix verifies the "Found On Road, Dead" legend. :sweep:

I could use me some t-shirt and shorts WX. :idunno:

dgravlin

I drove past Shulman Grove towards the Patriarch Grove, 3 miles further down a gravel road towards Silver Canyon over next to where the Big Satellite Dishes and Antennas are. Actually higher than the BC visitor center. Still in the BC Nat Forest though

Did you come up or go down Silver Canyon Road? If so, are the switchbacks at the end of the canyon doable for a 170 4wd's turning radius?

sanomechanic

Did you come up or go down Silver Canyon Road? If so, are the switchbacks at the end of the canyon doable for a 170 4wd's turning radius?
I came up to Bristlecone Forest and kept driving straight past the outpost about 3 miles. Gravel roads topped with snow all the way. I did not drop in though. There was ice standing.

Last edited:

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
YIKES! Looks like pretty dry sn*w, though. Way colder in AR than BC. :hide:
Well its a ice sheet this morning (freeze-thaw has started). I awoke to sound of spinning tires and cursing... You can tell these folks aren't used to winter weather!

Thankfully all the snow will be gone by tomorrow. You can't keep the south cold for long, though apparently long enough (Texas, cough cough).

Last edited:

steved57

That is a good area, often overlooked by other folks in the region. The secret is to go in the winter so the bugs don't get you!
I was there in November and temp's were perfect and I didn't have any bug issues - and yes it's a great hiking, bicycling, rafting and dual sport bike area as there are lot's of dirt roads

SprinterSnale

'05 T1N 3500 - NorCalSprinterCampout
I sold all my Nikon gear because of superb images like this. Gonna be Sony for me from now on. That and some fast glass. My fastest lens was f4. :idunno:

So, thanks, VanGoSki for costing me several grand in the near future. :crazywife:
So the Sony is outpacing Nikon to the level that you would ditch all your old glass? I reckon it's the combo of fast glass and contemporary body. The A7 is all the rage...What's a Lumix guy to do? :unsure:

Top Bottom