brakes

1. L

Question about wheel size and brakes

My brake wear indicator came on yesterday so I started to look into replacements. My van, a 2003 SHC 2500 with a 140” wheelbase, originally had 15” tires. The previous owner swapped in 16” tires. I’m looking to order the brake kits on europarts. There are options for both 15” and 16” wheels...
  2. Redbirdtransportco

New owner/operator with decent wrench experience diy B service Qs

So my sprinter with 3.0l diesel is at 59700 miles and I'm looking to diy my B service to save money Im not new to diy wrenching (20+ years) or new to german vehicles in general (10+ years) though i am new to mercedes-benz, and sprinters have Mann brand fuel/air/oil filters and liquid moly oil...
  3. bcman

Minimum brake pad thickness?

My brake pad wear idiot light came on recently, and I determined it was the left rear sensor, so I ordered a set of rear pads & rotors from Europarts. When I went to take off the calipers, I measured the remaining brake pad material. The one with the sensor that was going off still had 7mm of...
  4. lobsta

W906 Brake Upgrades Anyone?

Greetings folks.. Anyone here running brake upgrades on their rig.. whether front axle only or both front and rear axles and what are they running..? I have always stopped when I needed to so won't complain about the OE brakes but perhaps that's because I drive with my wits around me knowing...
  5. E

Brake Failure -NEAR Miss! Easy fix!

Wanted to share a very near miss and a SUPER easy fix if you have the same Brakes. I have a 2006 Sprinter T1N. I live in Colorado and am Frequently driving up and down mountain passes. Fortunately I was on FLAT ground, putting my van up on leveling blocks when I pushed on the brake and got...
  6. ZephyrVan

What’s this sound? Rattling after Break Job

What’s this sound? We have a 2012 170 2500 and just took our van to MB Sewell Houston, TX to get our front breaks replaced. After that visit we started getting this rattle underneath the passenger wheel well. By the time we could do anything about it we were already in Georgetown Texas. Took...
  7. lifeninja

Deteriorating Braking on a 2005 313CDI 4x4

Hi All, Wondering if someone might be able to point me in the right direction in diagnosing my brake issue. I just purchased this van which has apparently been sitting out in a paddock for 2 years stationary. Brakes were working ok for the first 100km or so then I started to notice the pedal...
  8. H

NCV3: 2006-2018 SOLD - NCV3 Front Brake Pads - OEM - Pagid C6024 - SOLD

SOLD For sale is a set of brand new Pagid C6024 front brake pads purchased for our NCV3 (2013 170"), but never installed. Instead of installing these we sprung the bigger bucks for a full brake upgrade kit.
  9. J

ABS, ESP coming on due to weather conditions.

Hello everyone I was hoping someone could help me with my questions. Is it true that the ABS, ESP lights can come on due wether conditions I.e. windy, wet etc? I have seen this mentioned before, but I can not find that post anymore. Also can anyone point me to any documentation from...
  10. V

Brakes/pads recommendations

Hello , I'm fairly new here, looking forward to learning .I have a 2017 144 2wd ,I bought it new and did a combo build ; Campo (Santa Barbara) van outfitter with some RB components completely done. I have had free maintenance up until 40k with the warranty . I was wondering your...
  11. M

Brakes detective work (beyond the reference chart)

Just purchased a 2005 Freightliner 158 sprinter 160,000 miles, 16 inch wheels with the intention of doing a camper conversion it but Needs TLC but the engine sounds healthy the body has minimal rust and I'm willing to put in the work. I'm mechanically oriented and have done a few break jobs...
  12. 2015_170

Brake Pad Experience Needed

Hello All, I am on the fence as to what brakes to order to replace my 3500s brakes, I have limited my options to the following: Buy from the dealership for about 700 to 800 Buy from Europarts sd (there brembo brakes front and rear kit) for about 450 The price point is much better with...
  13. 2015_170

Brake/Rotor question

Hello Everyone, I have a summer trip I am getting my Sprinter ready for and one thing on the list is to have my brakes done. I do not have a brake light on, but the Sprinter is new to me (had it for about 6 months now) so I do not know when they were last replaced. I have seen the post on...
  14. M

Noticeable drag at low speed

Hi, I recently bought a 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 at 180,000 KM (111,000 miles). When coasting at slow speed or accelerating from a standstill, there is some noticeable drag (like the brake is on). Having only driven an U-Haul Ford E-series before, I thought this is normal, being a heavy...
  15. D

T1N: 1994-2006 Front Brake Set (285mm rotors, pads, sensors)

Location - San Francisco CA (shipping available) Contact Info - reply with an offer or send a PM Price - $230 OBO Front brake set for first-generation (T1N) Sprinter 2500 and 3500 models with 285mm rotors (factory 16" wheels). Not for 2002 118" models. Originally purchased new from IDPARTS...
  16. C

Stuck Caliper. Help!

Need brake help. Front driver side brake caliper is stuck. Pistons won't release. Test drive around the block equals red hot brakes. What we've done: install new caliper, replace brake hose, checked break lines, bled brake lines, installed new brake pads. Any ideas for what to do next?
  17. I

Stuck in gear/No brake pressure

Hi everyone! My 2008 3500 got frozen into about a foot of ice. After about 2 hours of chiseling it out, I tried driving it out. It was quite the fools errand. After awhile of trying to rock it out going from drive to reverse to drive and so on, the brake light came on, the brakes lost all...
  18. S

whining/whistling noise

Hi all - I had my van in the shop last week and now it’s making a new noise. I wonder if you guys might be able to diagnose it. The noise kicked in after a few hours of highway driving. It generally starts when I pass about 60 mph. Acceleration and deceleration don’t seem to matter, but speed...
  19. 2

Strange noise when stopping and missing coolant

I have a 2013 Sprinter 2500 passenger. It has about 90k and has started making a rubbing sound when stopping and has been losing coolant. STOPPING NOISE: When - Only when decelerating at a normal to quick pace. There is no sound while accelerating, cruising, or stopping slowly. It makes the...
  20. Andy at Focallocal

Brake pedal shuddering under breaking

Sorry i wasn't able to find anything on here by other members on this issue, just a discussion about trailers. Ever since my last MOT, around 3 months back, i've noticed slight shudder in the brake pedal when braking fast, especially at high speeds. Also only just noticeable but the steering...

Top Bottom