problem

1. A

Biggest problems faced living in a van?

Hello, I am curious about everyone's experience of what their biggest problems are living in their van. I am specifically interested in issues you face in day-to-day living with your build and living space experience - I am less interested in the issues with regards to logistics (i.e. making...
  2. A

Shore power connection not working, generator does.

Hi! We have a 2022 Winnebego Era, and unfortunately our shore power connection isn’t working. We tested the stool power with our EMS system, and everything looks good. The LED lights on the power cable light up and the LED light on the coach outlet lights up, which is our indicator that the...
  3. A

04 sprinter low/high fuel pressure limp/no power

2004 sprinter kicking my ass came it cant go past 60mph engine light on this van is from another shop that couldn't figure it out has rebuilt motor rebuilt injectors new maf fuel filter new injection pump came in with a P0088 P0087 CODE HERE IS OTHER CODE I PULLED 2016-002 rail pressure...
  4. B

T1N (03) Low Boost & Turbo squeal sound... Everyone says turbos don't die but...

Specs: 2003 t1n 2500 passenger low top with 296,000 miles (Dodge branded). I purchased this used from a single owner, at 56k miles, and have put 240,000 on myself with mostly highway driving. Problem: I have had an increasingly loud whistling sound related to boost pressure that has finally...
  5. Mickyfin

Espar D5 not Starting, was fine yesterday?

Of all days when I needed to preheat my Vans engine (need to move van from street for snow clearing) my espar D5 failed to fire up. It worked perfectly yesterday, so I'm a little confused as to why it didn't fire up this morning. It's currently only -18c outside, with tomorrow's forecast -30c...
  6. S

Blinking NVC3 CEL, NO CODES (dealership cant find anything) Norway

hi everybody. hoping that maby some of you have some answers to my problem. the car Is a 2010 316cdi, engine code: OM651.955. it had an intercooler air leak for some time but ran great. on a fairly long trip, after about 1900km Check engine came on and I lost power. had my scan tool with me...
  7. J

A/c not working, anyone have suggestions?

Background: 2013 Mercedes sprinter 2500 cargo van, approx 110,000 miles. About a week ago my ac just never turned on with the car and my van wouldn’t start until I disconnected the battery and reconnected it. I also initially had a red battery indicator light which then went away. I have a...
  8. S

Hard/no start in cold weather! In South America - Please help!!!

I have scoured the forum to answeres for this starting issue and have not been able to figure it out yet, any help/ideas is much appreciated! I have a 2005 Dodge Sprinter with 250,000+ miles. The van has trouble starting below 60 degrees, around 50 degrees it gets especially bad (I have not...
  9. S

problem with Dometic cfx fridge OR solar power system?

Hi all. I have a problem to diagnose. My Dometic CFX 35w fridge has been increasingly erratic, but I’m not sure it’s not actually a problem with my solar power system. System details: - 280W solar panel (new) - 40A Renogy charge controller (new) - 105AH OEC LiFePO4 battery (new) - 12v outlets...
  10. S

07 2500 squeeling issue

I have a 07 2500 144wb. 150k miles. Drove 2000 miles in the past two days and everything was great till about 2 hours ago. I noticed I heard a slight amount of noise but thought it was just wind/road noise since it was really crappy backroads that had a 65mph limit. Once I got to a hotel I...
  11. S

whining/whistling noise

Hi all - I had my van in the shop last week and now it’s making a new noise. I wonder if you guys might be able to diagnose it. The noise kicked in after a few hours of highway driving. It generally starts when I pass about 60 mph. Acceleration and deceleration don’t seem to matter, but speed...
  12. theOMsound

Strange Grinding Under Gas Pedal at Very Low Speeds

Hi all, I'm having a strange symptom on my Sprinter (2006 HR, 140, 2500) and I've searched all over the forum (and even other vehicle forums...) and haven't found a single person with a similar sounding issue. What's happening is after a few minutes of being stuck in stop and go traffic, where...
  13. theOMsound

Suspension / Steering Problem

Hey all, I would love some help diagnosing a problem with my steering/suspension/*something* on my 2006 T1N. There are 2 things to diagnose: a squeak, and a steering problem. They may or may not be related. About a month ago when I bought this van, I noticed that the tires were extremely worn...
  14. C

Turbo leak - confused

:rad:I have oil leaking from my turbo (2005 2500 cargo). Diesel mechanic said it would have to be taken apart and rebuilt with new bushing, balance and seals to correct the issue. somewhere around $1,000. I just looked online and there are a bunch of turbocharger kits (computer balanced) that...
  15. E

NAV system fail - sprinter 2012

Hi, I will be travelling this weekend to purchase a 2012 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 144 WB Low Roof passenger van. The owner advises me that the mileage is 90,000 kilometers, which is very low. The owner also tells me there as been a issue with the ABS sensors which have be changed. The ball...
  16. B

Sprintshift malfunction with engine running, OK on ignition.

Yes, i got myself an 216CDI from 2001 with the sprintshift. The problem, with engine running it refuses to go into gear, stuck in N. But with only the ignition on and engine not running it shifts as its supposed to. Hydr.pump is new. What can be the problem here? And yes i've been searching...
  17. S

Instrument cluster modification (Strange wire added)

Hi everyone, We are having some problems with our 2004 Sprinter (Dodge 2500). While trying to search for the cause of the problem, we discovered a cable soldered on to the back of our instrument cluster. The pictures show the cluster with the small green wire soldered close to where the power...
  18. S

Dometic Fridge RM8501 - LP problem

My 3-yr old fridge doesn't work on the LP. It works great on AC and DC but doesn't even show any sign of life when I try to start it up on LP. I bought and changed the main control unit - the new one doesn't make any difference. When I bypassed the solenoid (directly connect solenoid to...
  19. T

2004 failed smog

went to take my 2004 t1n to get it smogged in California and it would not pass because the EGR showed it was not ready in the readiness monitors, all the other monitors were good. it has 335k miles and only recently I changed the glow plugs and controller before the test. It stalls...

Top Bottom