aux battery

1. M

Powering roof fan and electric cooler?

I'm looking to power a roof fan and electric cooler. This isn't an RV conversion, just a toy hauler for day trips so I'm not looking to install a house battery. I do have the aux battery under the passenger seat so I presume that should be the power source? Should I run a line directly from...
  2. C

No Power Coming from Main battery to vehicle

Have a 2019 sprinter (gas). Previously had seen that there was an auxiliary battery malfunction on the screen. One day went to open the doors and nothing worked. No Lights, No door unlocking. Changed the aux battery From Mercedes and now nothing is working besides doors unlocking. All the fuses...
  3. P

Dual battery starter battery.

Hello All, I just purchased a 2023 170 a month ago. At the same time I purchased an AUX Mercedes battery that I thought I could just add to the system. Turns out I don't have the module under the driver's seat to connect the battery to. Can I just add the battery in parallel? Giving me a dual...
  4. J

How does one add an aux battery to engine compartment?

I'm 99% ready to put deposit on a 2023 AWD order but I'm stumped on aux battery options (E2I and E2M). My goals are: 1. Put aux battery in engine compartment 2. Have van's MB accessories run off an aux battery 3. Have my Webasto run off an AMG aux battery, not my house battery 4. Have the...
  5. EinarJ

Charging Likely Dead Aux Battery - Under the hood

Hi all - Does anyone know if the alternator charges the Aux battery under the hood? If not, can I used a battery charger to bring it back to life? I have a 2019 HT 144 with the 70Ah Aux battery under the hood. It usually powers an Espar heater (located in passenger footwell) and MaxAir fan...
  6. K

D+ signal and installing aftermarket aux batt

Hello, Currently, I'm working on installing an aftermarket auxiliary battery and inverter system into a 2019 Sprinter. I'm looking to for a D+ (or 15) connection somewhere in the vehicle to which I can connect a sort of 'D+ converter'. I have checked under the driver's seat for an EK1 terminal...
  7. Z

2019 Sprinter won't start

Wired a cable from the power distribution box (under driver seat) to my new Renogy DC50S battery charger (there was an open 80amp midi fuse coming off the block). I didn't unplug anything except car battery for install. Now van will not start. Battery seems to be charged still, lights are all...
  8. P

Front Floor Removal to Access Wiring Channels

I have a 2004 T1N Sprinter and I want to add wiring for RV purposes - 12v DC. If I understand some things I read here, there are wiring channels between the front seats which I want to access. Has anyone accessed these wiring channels? Do I need to remove the factory rubber/plastic floor? If...
  9. K

Need help finding the Aux Battery connection point on a 2019 VS30 please

Hi, I've searched high and low on this forum and can't find any postings on where I should connect my back of house 12V line into. My van is a 2019 cargo delivered with the factory aux battery and factory cutoff relay. The fuse guide the van comes with has no references and the upfitters...
  10. D

Check your factory installed Auxiliary Battery

If you have an auxiliary battery installed in the engine compartment, make sure that no battery acid is washing down onto the ECM. I learned the hard way to the tune of $5000 when water got into the multi pin connector between the ECM and engine wiring harness and ate away the pins and socket...
  11. tsudapod

Jumping aux battery. I AM AN IDIOT

What’s up y’all 2017 MB 144 4x4 outfitted by tourig in golden CO. Dead battery for whatever reason and like an idiot I tried (unsuccessfully) to jump the aux battery. Now the cabin lights and outlets that run off the aux when motor is not running do not work. I went to MB and they replaced the...
  12. A

WiFi Hotspot Mounting Locations and Wiring

I just picked up a 4G WiFi hotspot that I'd like to mount in my mostly-stock NCV3 Passenger. I'm looking for feedback on where to mount it, and how to wire it for power. The hotspot is a Netgear Nighthawk MR1100, currently on ATT's network. It's pretty similar to every other hotspot out...
  13. 2

Can you use aux batt electric for Sterling B2B (60amp)

I am finishing up my electric system and am planning on installing a Sterling BB1260 (60amp) b2b charger to charge my battery bank. I'm an electrical newbe so was wondering if I could hook the wiring for the Sterling to the aux battery connection under the driver seat instead of running wiring...
  14. crowdedvan

Aux battery isolator

I'm looking to install an aux battery inside the cabin. The battery would be to run a small cooler and a small inverter for my laptop. And a charging station for phones and the kid's tablets. I believe using a battery isolator would be the best solution for me at this time. But in reading the...
  15. I

Aux Battery Electrical Setup Help

Hi All - Found this great website for electrical setup today..but now we have questions! https://faroutride.com/electrical-system/. Electrical layout graphic is attached. We have a 2006 dodge 158 hr. We planned to put in the aux battery under the passenger seat, following the sprinter...
  16. D

Vmax AGM Deep Cycle Battery experience

This question was asked last November by someone else, but did not get any answers. Has anyone had experience with Vmax AGM Deep Cycle Batteries? And has anyone bought them from the Vmax website? My interest in buying direct from the manufacturer is that they offer a wider selection than on...
  17. H

Does anyone have the stock Alternator details for my 2016 Sprinter Cargo?

Hi friends. My name is Will. I'm new to the forum. We just purchased a 2016 MB Sprinter Cargo 170 WB. It has the 6 cylinder turbo diesel. Does anyone know the specs for the Alternator? I've seen 180 amp or 220 amp listed on some threads. I'm also wondering what size Blue Sea ACR I'd use...
  18. T

Terrible Construction on Mercedes Charge Relay

I wanted to be able to manually connect my car battery/alternator to my RV house battery pack with a switch. There is a factory option with docs available on how to do that here: http://www.sprinter-rv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Aux-battery-retrofit-guideline-NCV3.pdf ...which, overall, is...
  19. P

Sprinter Electrician near Seattle

Hello All, I'm looking for a good Sprinter electrician near Seattle. My electrical system is 90% there, but I want to improve the connection from my house batteries/ solenoid to the van for charging (while driving). Either an outfitter/upfitter, marine/RV electrician, or savvy person...I'm...
  20. D

Is there a "kit" for adding an Aux battery?

A search turned up a couple of mentions about a kit, also found a couple of PDF's that contain some part numbers for the bracket, relay and a few other items. But nothing that specifically mentions any "kit" part numbers. Maybe I just have poor searching skills. Anyways, does an "aux battery...

Top Bottom