electrical problem

1. M

Sudden loss of 12 V system (120 V is functioning fine)

Yesterday, I went to get a cold drink out of our Sprinter (2020 4x4) refrigerator and discovered that the entire 12 V system was dead. I had driven the van four days previously, and everything was functioning fine. The only loads are the refrigerator and a small ventilation fan that I keep...
  2. C

Sudden electrical loss

Hi all! First, many thanks to the expert free advice y’all give. You’ve saved me thousands in repair work! Now to my “current” issue… Just replaced the battery in my ‘02 T1N two months ago. I drive it a couple of times each week. Yesterday I was out, sitting in a parking lot with the rear a/c...
  3. M

Is this Normal for an Inverter?

Hi everyone. I’m hoping to get some help with an inverter issue (?). Not actually sure if it’s an issue or not, so clarity would be appreciated. I have a Renogy 2000w inverter charger. Got it specifically to run my 1450w vitamix. Anyways, I turned it on the other day just to run a 60w hair...
  4. N

VS30 sprinter cargobay light while driving

Hello Everyone i am using a 2020 or so Sprinter as my Company car and wanted to fit some mood lights in the driver cabin whom i control via the Cargo bay light switch in the ceiling everything works as intendet but when i go over 30kp/h they turn off again and wont turn on while driving other...
  5. M

Electrical issue - PLEASE HELP!

Hi, I'm Jenny and just bought a 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 (w/ the tall roof). I've had it a week and yesterday and today the "srs" light, the "low tire pressure" light, the "parking brake" light and a few others are illuminated. Additionally, the Stereo (DVD) screen turns on when the van is...
  6. Yosemite

Seeking Troubleshooting Advice: 12V Outlet Connected to Fuse Box Has Stopped Working

I have a self-converted camper van with 200 watts of solar panels, battery, a Renogy charge controller, fuse box. Currently, my lights are working fine. My inverter is working fine. The battery is full. I’ve got a 12V outlet (similar to this one) connected to my fuse box that worked great for...
  7. D

Flickering Running lights

Hello, My 2015 2500 V6 170" WB Sprinter has something interesting going on. The rear running lights are flicking at a rate of about 1 flash every 10 seconds. The passenger side is out and flickers on for a second while the driver side is on and dims about every 10 seconds. I've changed the...
  8. W

No Start - No Starter Sound

Engine won't start, or even crank. Last thing was l left headlight switch in 'park' position a few days ago. My fault but thought modern vehicles had 'auto-off', especially since I don't recall seeing the parking lights after ignition switch was turned off and I was leaving the storage lot...
  9. J

A/c not working, anyone have suggestions?

Background: 2013 Mercedes sprinter 2500 cargo van, approx 110,000 miles. About a week ago my ac just never turned on with the car and my van wouldn’t start until I disconnected the battery and reconnected it. I also initially had a red battery indicator light which then went away. I have a...
  10. S

EK1 Espar Power Question

I have a 2019 2500 Cargo with EK1 option and auxiliary battery that I recently installed a 2019 Espar D2 in. I hooked the power for the Espar to the EK1 terminal 30T "battery direct power". Install under passenger seat went smooth and heater started up perfectly. However, on first overnight...
  11. G

No voltage to o/s main beam headlamp bulb

Firstly - I have checked the S-S forum but no other posts seem to cover this but if I have missed it - many apologies. Secondly - Can I thank the DVLA inspectors at the local MOT station for finding this fault. "Headlamp not working on main beam Offside [4.1.1 (a) (ii)]" Easy - just change the...
  12. B

Clock Issue

I have clock issues on my 2017 Leisure Travel Van, Unity MB (on a 2016 3500 chasis). The digits will show multiple numbers in one location. It has shown 2:10 and 2:20 at the same time. They replaced the head and it still does it. Now they don't want to do anything because they don't know...
  13. S

Simple briefcase solar setup

I have a fairly unique electrical setup in my van. The 200W of solar on my roof is connected to a GoalZero Yeti1400 Lithium that's used for AC power (induction cooktop, camera/laptop batteries, and a few USBs). I also have a LifeBlue 200AH lithium 'house' battery that powers the fridge, fans...
  14. S

Intermittent delayed power to instrument cluster.

Hi. First post on the forum. I bought a 2006 tall and long about a year ago and have been slowly fixing it up to turn into a home on wheels. Having a weird issue where the instrument cluster doesn't always light up when the key is on (key is in run position, engine off). Sometimes it is...
  15. O

Replaced faulty ignition switch, now only starts sporadically.

VIN WD2PD744145634059 Hello. 2004 T1N, approximately 278k. Began having intermittent stalling while driving on the highway- never found the cause. Slowly progressed, finally parked it. It's been sitting for about 9 months. I've replaced:  1. The turn signal stalk (multifunction switch) 2...
  16. L

Check Shore Line Power Cable Connections

There has been a raft of reported problems with the shore line connections in the junction box in the electrical service bay for VNs on the https://www.facebook.com/groups/ViewNavionMotorhomes/ Facebook page. At least a dozen reports over the last few months, including one where the member was...
  17. R

WHOA-Electrical Under 2013 Driver seat FUBAR

Really need the help of the Gurus in this Forum to straighten us out. We recently acquired a 2013 MB Sprinter 2500 that we want to upfit for occasional road trips and campings.. We are doing a simple 2nd battery install at the rear of the van. We have studied the relevant materials in several...
  18. M

EGR - Engine compartment buzz 2004

2004 2500 Freightliner work van. 364,000 miles. For months I have had a electrical draw that draws down my battery. I have noticed a buzzing noise in the engine compartment when parked. Often battery will be dead in morning. My regular mechanic stated they could not figure out all the codes it...
  19. W

12v Fridge Compressor Won't Kick On Even With Full Batteries

Hi all. I'm running a Whynter FM-45G fridge connected to 200ah of house batteries and 200w of solar. During the day, when I'm getting sun and the batteries are running a surface charge of 13.0v or more, the fridge works great. When the batteries come down to what I understand is an actual full...
  20. M

GFCI issue

So I just added a receptacle to the outside of the house to be able to plug in while parked in the driveway. I went overkill and installled a dedicated 50A circuit, 20’ of 6/3 + ground with a 2-pole GFCI circuit breaker. I put the multi-meter on it and everything reads correctly. I plug my 50...

Top Bottom