troubleshooting

1. yeet

Help! Weird Turbo Behavior

Last night, I was just cruising around 65mph when the turbo started doing this thing where it would spool up and then drop all pressure. It continued to do this every 10 seconds or so; basically as long as it took to build pressure. Once it built pressure, it dumped it again. For some reason it...
  2. H

Brown stuff into swirly thing , DTC P2623

Two independents, one pissed off dealer, and loads of the same issue and no resolve, kinda.... 2008 sprinter 2500 Turbo V6(Malone eco stage 1) I have DTC P2623, apparently a giant fuck you code from your sprinter. The issue has been going off an on for some time now. Main driving issue is...
  3. Yosemite

Seeking Troubleshooting Advice: 12V Outlet Connected to Fuse Box Has Stopped Working

I have a self-converted camper van with 200 watts of solar panels, battery, a Renogy charge controller, fuse box. Currently, my lights are working fine. My inverter is working fine. The battery is full. I’ve got a 12V outlet (similar to this one) connected to my fuse box that worked great for...
  4. M

2008 3500 Factory Alarm Anti-theft Horn/Audio Not Sounding

I have a 2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500. When the factory anti-theft alarm is armed and then set off, only the turn lights flash. The horn or a separate siren (not sure which one it has that is linked to this system) should be going off along with the flashing lights. I'd like to get it working to...
  5. N

Frozen Fridge in winter

Hey everyone, We just bought a built out Sprinter a few weeks ago and took it on its first trip this week. We're in the Telluride area currently, staying in a friend's house. Temps have gotten pretty cold (0-10F overnight) and we realized that some of the items in the fridge were frozen. We...
  6. A

Back up light issues

Hello: I just purchased a 2012 3500 chassis with a Forest River Solera body attached. This seems like a great rig but the back up lights do not work - I checked the bulbs and they are fine and there isn't any power coming to the socket. Everything else seems to be ok. It appears that there...
  7. W

12v Fridge Compressor Won't Kick On Even With Full Batteries

Hi all. I'm running a Whynter FM-45G fridge connected to 200ah of house batteries and 200w of solar. During the day, when I'm getting sun and the batteries are running a surface charge of 13.0v or more, the fridge works great. When the batteries come down to what I understand is an actual full...
  8. S

gear shift module prob (2011 Sprinter)

Hi All, We have a 2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500, with 58K miles. Anyone have experience replacing a gear shift module on a similar Sprinter? Or the whole gear shift assembly? Our module broke (full drama below), and we’re wondering if we should bring it to a shop vs repair it ourselves...
  9. V

2017 170 EXT 3500 Fuel Economy Concern

A couple months ago I bought a 2017 cargo 170 ext 3500 4x4 off the lot in Canada. I'm in the process of converting it into an RV but while It's been empty I've made a few long highway trips and I am starting to be concerned with the fuel economy. On average, It stays between 14 and 15 l/100km...
  10. T

Webasto Fault Code F00

After a couple of failed starts with F01 my Webasto Airtop 2000 is now throwing an F00 and I cannot figure out how to reset it. I have disconnected it from the power source and let it sit for half a day and it still throws an F00 as soon as I turn the dial. The repair manual lists resetting...
  11. N

Starter troubleshooting?

2006 sprinter 2500 144" 340000km Up until now my starter has been strong, then all of a sudden I turn the key and no noise whatsoever. Battery is fine. Fuse is fine. To me this seems electrical, my mechanic says I need a new starter. Any advice on how to check that a signal is being sent to...
  12. A

Fuse box attached to battery causing power drain (pic)

Hey all, There is a 2.5 amp draw that is killing my battery at night on my 2004 Sprinter 3500. I found the culprit which turns out to be a fuse box attached directly to the positive terminal of my battery. As soon as I removed the fuse box the key off amp draw went to 0. When I reattached it...
  13. F

Coolant level dropping disappearing leak

Hello, I tried all the checks mentioned in this thread but can't come up with anything. https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11211&highlight=coolant&page=2 I have to top the Coolant level off 1/4 Gallon every week for the past 2 weeks as the coolant light comes on and the level...

Top Bottom