diy conversion

1. D

Rigid (Class B) vs Flexible (Class D or Higher) Stranded Wire

Hi all, new to the forum here. I've done a lot of reading on which type of electrical wire to use and while there's ample sites/blogs/video etc. which state "stranded over solid", none of them specify which grade of stranded should be used. I picked up some stranded wire and discovered it was...
  2. B

VS30: 2019+ Flarespace Trim Rings for Sprinter 170" - ***PRICE DROP***

Hello, ****PRICE DROP**** • I'm selling my brand new Extended Depth Flare Trim Ring for Sprinter 170. Ended up not using them in my build. • Paid $750 plus tax and shipping. • No longer have box, so local pickup is preferred. • Will ship, but buyer is responsible for all packaging/shipping...
  3. R

NCV3: 2006-2018 2014 2500 Crew Conversion

This is a very clean, one of a kind, D.I.Y. conversion from a delivery van to a fully functioning RV. Equipped with a 100-watt Solar panel on top, Deep Cycle Marine Battery, and a complete circuit breaker panel to which all six LED lights are attached, as is the Fan-tastic roof vent fan, and the...
  4. SergSupply

Sprinter Conversion Kits & Components

Hello Everyone! We manufacture a multitude of premium products for Sprinter conversions. Everything from flooring kits, wall panel kits, and ceiling panel kits to overhead cabinetry, wheel well storage, and bed. We also offer a large variety of other van conversion-related products such as...
  5. Radius Outfitters

No-Drill Aluminum Bed System (NEW RELEASE)

We just released our new DIY R-Cage Bed System. No drilling - mounts to the factory D-ring locations. https://radiusoutfitters.com/products/sprinter-van-bed-system-kit Currently compatible with 144WB high roof Sprinters, and 170WB model on the way. We’ll also be adapting it for the high roof...
  6. alikzm

xantrex prowatt 2000

Upgraded my inverter. Used for a few months. Perfect condition. Remote switch. Retails for around $380 - 400. Asking $250. Pick Up Oakland CA.
  7. Greta_Van_Gogh

State Farm Insurance Policy Holders- Help!

Long story short I switched from USAA to State Farm and had my self-converted van insured as an RV. Everything was fine until underwriting went to complete the policy and decided it couldn't be insured as an RV, but as a "private passenger" instead. This more than doubled what I expected to be...
  8. M

Rear bench seats

Hi, I'm a new convert into the Sprinter world. Just bought 2019 Sprinter Crew 4x4 144'' wheel base, high roof. It came with 3-person rear bench seat, which I like. However, for my conversion it takes too much space and obstructs the entrance to the back of the van from the cockpit. Ideally, I...
  9. Z

80/20 15 Series Extrusions and T-Nuts, Springs, Screws, Brackets, Drill Jig

I was originally going to use 80/20 for the structure of my platform and cabinetry for my 2007 144" wheelbase build and then changed course to work with just plywood. The extrusions are cut to install the three 3075 series along the walls just below window level with three 5'8.5" 1515 series...
  10. H

DIY Hinged Windows?

Hello all! Currently in the design and learn how to setup electricity plumbing and everything phase! I really like the idea of hinged windows and would LOVE the airflow. I see that Seitz is a big name, but awful to buy from NA, and yikies expensive. Tern Awning Windows [I]almost[I] seem worth...
  11. S

Going to install an auxiliary fuel tap - any advice?

I'm going to install an auxiliary fuel tap today on my 05 T1N for use with an Espar D2 heater. Is there anything I should do to prepare? Anything I should know? I'm not generally a mechanical guy but since I built this campervan I'm going to DIY it. Here's my vague plan: Run my errands today in...
  12. D

SPRINTER CRAFTER MODIFY THE ORIGINAL TRIPLE SEAT BENCH WHITH ROCK N ROLL BED HINGES

hey thee folks! i am David and i live in Italy. I am preparing my self collecting information befor starting my Crafter 2008 conversion into a campervan , i love DIY and i wanna do the most by my self. i have 6 seat, 3 front and 3 rear . i wanna know what do YOU think about the main question...
  13. N

2nd row seats in 3500 cargo van

I'm doing my own conversion of a 2008 Sprinter 3500 170"WB extended cargo van. The conversion includes installing 2 new captain seats in roughly the 2nd row position (currenly the cargo area). After I removed the cargo hold-down floor tracks and plywood floor, I see that the anchor bolts...
  14. Built.Vans

2018 Sprinter 2500 Low Roof Conversion

Hey everyone. So begins another Sprinter conversion. I have grand plans of building this out as a proof of concept conversion, then adding van conversions to my business plan. I have a custom wood studio where I make furniture, cabinetry, and other custom built pieces for mostly commercial...
  15. I

Considering buying a 2008 2500 170. Needs Swirl Valve Service

Hi everyone! New here and considering buying a 2008 2500 170 for a conversion. It only has 108,000 miles and some rust. The main issue is that it needs swirl valve service. I'm not sure what that means, but from what I've read it looks like I'll need to replace the intake manifold. I'd be...
  16. S

Roof Rack & Deck for under $200 CDN

Howdy! Long time lurker & first time poster here. Completed my build based on many ideas and sharings on this forum - now wanting to give back in the form of some build beta :-) I had good luck creating a rooftop patio/deck, with additional storage in a roofbox, using aluminum Unistrut as...
  17. D

CAD modeling and layout

Planning a camper build for the end of the summer, after I purchase a T1N 158" WB van. Found the van shell model on GrabCAD and then added my build model. Happy with how it turned out, I think this will be helpful through the build process. I've tried a lot of different layouts and settled on...
  18. N

Backpack 2.0 - A Climbing, Hiking, Paddling, Biking, Adventure-mobile

Hey Sprinter Source! Allow me to introduce myself (as I am a chronic Lurker...). My name is Nate. My wife (Steph) and I gave up the 'typical' american dream and a job as a career firefighter, and her an accountant, about 4 years ago to leave the state where the sky tried to kill us multiple...
  19. A

Need Help Starting NV3 144 Adventure Van Conversion

Hello All, I just purchased a 144 cargo sprinter and I am planing to convert it into an adventure vehicle for skiing mountain biking and all kinds of other outdoors adventures in the wilderness. I'm looking for help and advice on what are the best options for many different things I will need...
  20. SprinterSnale

Sprinter Snale's '05 3500 First 6 Months Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZX-8Pk-hQw&feature=share&list=UUg9AX3Najn0RNExTUWHBr0Q&index=2 Greetings! Sprinter Snale here. First thread start on SF. Been lurking here for about a year and after tons of research bought my DIY built Stealth T1N though the forum in June. We embarked on it's...

Top Bottom